Wilder is Adkins mark 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wak1889

Reaction score
Both did really well in league 1 , Adkins took Southampton to back to back promotions from league 1 to prem then got sacked for an indeferent start , wilder took us up from league 1 to prem albeit in 3 seasons, eventually got the sack and both of their careers have nosedived since , 1 gets absolutely hammered on here 1 supports United

Both did really well in league 1 , Adkins took Southampton to back to back promotions from league 1 to prem then got sacked for an indeferent start , wilder took us up from league 1 to prem albeit in 3 seasons, eventually got the sack and both of their careers have nosedived since , 1 gets absolutely hammered on here 1 supports United
Who would you appoint

Adkins was an absolute failure here and lumbered us with dross like Dean Hammond, nobody gives a shit what he did before or since somewhere else.

Wilder is nothing like him, he had great success here and actually cares about the club. Some don't think he should stay as he seemingly lost his mojo in the pandemic and has had little success since, but he has a lot of credit in the bank with a lot of the fans from what he did here before and the fact he did a successful rebuild before to fix the absolute shitshow of a squad Adkins left.

Personally I never wanted Wilder back, don't think he's done a particularly good job and aren't entirely convinced he's the right man to rebuild in the summer, but I'd take him every day of the week over Nigel Adkins, especially Saturday, Tuesday.

1 at least has the credit in the bank for finishing in the top half of the PL.

Change EVERYTHING not just the manager or NOTHING changes
Fuck me 😔

Reactions: sjl
Your back again after a loss. 😂

I class myself as a mild mannered person, happy to listen to different opinions…..but to compare Wilder to Adkins is UTTER BOLLOCKS

He reverted to type yesterday- blaming lack of leadership on the pitch for our shit season….. yawn nothing to do with you then Chris. Fantastic way to galvanise the squad for the remainder of this season and next
Thankfully half of them will be gone. He’s praised the ones who deserve it, and will still be here.

I must have missed Adkins getting this club promoted from league one and the championship, and finishing 9th in the premier league, within the space of 4 years.

What a stupid post.

I must have missed Adkins getting this club promoted from league one and the championship, and finishing 9th in the premier league, within the space of 4 years.

What a stupid post.
So that makes him exempt from making us the laughing stock of football

He's the manager Danny rohl. Dreams of becoming

I’ve said this before in another Wilder thread months ago…

If Hecky couldn’t get anything out of the players and Wilder couldn’t, then maybe, just maybe, it’s the fucking players who should look at themselves for this shit show this season.

Also, all in all, yeh we finished bottom with record goals etc etc etc but, it’s been far worse than this in some of the seasons in the past 10 years.

I’m sure some Blades who watched us back in the old 4th Division will remember just how bad it was.

I don’t blame Wilder, I blame the players 90% and the Board 10%.

He reverted to type yesterday- blaming lack of leadership on the pitch for our shit season….. yawn nothing to do with you then Chris. Fantastic way to galvanise the squad for the remainder of this season and next
Take it you listened to nothing he said?

He said it wasn't good enough before him and it wasn't good enough with him. And yes he's not wrong, the lack of leadership has been telling. The remainder of the season doesn't matter and next season half of these players won't (shouldn't) be here, so again doesn't matter about lambasting them.

I’ve said this before in another Wilder thread months ago…

If Hecky couldn’t get anything out of the players and Wilder couldn’t, then maybe, just maybe, it’s the fucking players who should look at themselves for this shit show this season.

Also, all in all, yeh we finished bottom with record goals etc etc etc but, it’s been far worse than this in some of the seasons in the past 10 years.

I’m sure some Blades who watched us back in the old 4th Division will remember just how bad it was.

70% board, 25% players 5% managers.

Players need to shoulder a good proportion of the blame, some of the goals conceded are that from defending /goalkeeping you'd expect to see on a Sunday morning, not by a "professional" coupled with their mentality.

Small proportion on the managers for the way they set us up and some bizarre substitutions.

And as 99% will agree and say biggest proportion lies at the feet of the worst owner of a premier league club, admitting defeat before a ball was kicked, getting rid of our best players trying to do a Norwich end ended up doing a Derby.

I mean one did it with US.
you want us to praise Adnkins because he was good somewhere else?
That's hillarious even for a Wilder basher.

When I think of our squad/team all that pops into my mind is a string of out-of-their-depth players making mistakes and chucking the towel in when we concede sometimes the first, sometimes the second, never more than the third.
We simply could not compete.
If we'd have had the current squad a couple of seasons in the champ, and gone up with momentum, I'm sure we would have given a better account of ourselves, but we didn't, we didn't and we didn't.

At the end of the day, clubs like us, Burnley, Luton are years and millions behind those whose dry bum us week, in week out.
Blame who you like for that, but please include the Premier League model somewhere near the top of your list.

Change EVERYTHING not just the manager or NOTHING changes
Fuck me 😔
This is true,
We've tried the Jokanovic way, we've tried the Adkins way, we've tried the Spackman way, we've tried the Wilson way, the Clough way, and fuck knows how many other managers who's methods were to try to play entertaining football. It doesn't work.

Good players will either belong to someone else, or the dreaded contract renewal negotiation time will come. When that happens were fucked and so is the manager.

Only a shouty, shouty, sweary sweary manager who bollocks everybody and plays dirty, scruffy, hoofball uncultured shit will work here, and only then until they ultimately fail and don't get us to the point where we need ability, vision, skill, culture, and supreme fitness.

Whomever the manager is the players need to be all in.

Our squad haven't been from game 1.
And it's not really even their fault.

When you have players on the eve of the season telling the manager the morale is rock bottom. Then what's unfolded since is hardly surprising.

To confound that we lost our talisman in N'Diaye and a popular and good player in Berge. Id even suggest not having sharp makes a big difference for the squad. But less playing wise of course.

I did expect more improvement from Wilder. But there have been better performances at times from him. But results haven't been so forthcoming.

Best I can remember under hecky was potentially Everton at home. We were fortunate against Wolves.

This summer is big.
Any manager in a way is a gamble. Wilder is in the position of seeing and assessing what we have. But I can understand question marks over him.

But in the past with us, when he's been doubted... we've more often than not come out fighting in very much a positive way.

If he's the manager next season them that's what I'm hoping for.

I don’t think he can take zero blame mate tbh

Hecky lost his job as its a results business, results aren’t any better, look stronger going forward but we’ve took more pastings

Think of it like this - had CW performed the great escape, would he have said “no credit to me, thank the players and board”
Of course not, for balance you can’t then distance yourself from criticism when the opposite happens

Back
Top Bottom