Wilder and Zaha

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Being in Baldocks pocket, his back is probably the only place he could spit.

It's a mystery to Bert (Pt 232) why people booed and hurled abuse at the most exciting and talented player on the pitch, even if he was playing for the opposition.
Just watch him and hope he has a bad day rather than abuse him.
Is bert on drugs? We need to abuse every opposition player, then need to hate coming here, they need to have a genuine fear for their lives.

There is no way Chris Wilder made contact at all.....come on....if he did make contact Zaha would have been rolling around like Naymar

I absolutely despise the players who think any tackle on them is an affront to their special skills and should result in a foul (although to be fair, in this non contact league, it very often does).

Sums up the Premier League's prima donnas to perfection.

Try. Fail. Throw yourself to the ground. Free kick. Works every time.

Last season (I'm already getting nostalgic for actual football...) more than once a ref didn't fall for this, waved play on, and the player rolling around on the ground looked a right tool.

Here in the "Premier" League, they basically tell the ref, by chucking themselves to the ground, when they want a free kick.

For our part, I thought we were actually pretty canny. I think the Norwich game taught us a lot about not getting wound up. And playing that side of the game if we need to. Though god knows it'd be nice if we didn't have to: once we were in front every time we got a throw in our players looked at each other, "Are you taking it, or am I?" Wilf put his pace and movement to good use fetching the ball for us more than once.

Still, it would be nice to see more actual football.

I was also in the BLUT, and from what I saw it looked like Zaha kind of squared up to Baldock before slowly backing away, spitting in the direction of Baldock whilst doing so. I don't think it hit Baldock but Zaha was definitely acting the bellend.

Unlike Bert, I'm completely surprised by the amount of abuse he got when you couple that with the theatrics and show pony stuff (which was extremely ineffective by the way).

Should have said completely unsurprised!

Is bert on drugs? We need to abuse every opposition player, then need to hate coming here, they need to have a genuine fear for their lives.
We'll have plenty of opportunity on saturday when that ex Norwich twat Maddison comes to town.

Didn't he spit on/at Baldock?
If so booing was the least he should of got
He did spit but missed Baldock by a couple of feet. Hard to say whether it was intentionally directed at him. All part of his show pony tactic. Disappointing for such a template.

I was also in the BLUT, and from what I saw it looked like Zaha kind of squared up to Baldock before slowly backing away, spitting in the direction of Baldock whilst doing so. I don't think it hit Baldock but Zaha was definitely acting the bellend.

Unlike Bert, I'm completely surprised by the amount of abuse he got when you couple that with the theatrics and show pony stuff (which was extremely ineffective by the way).

The problem was Zaha got out of bed on Sunday and wasted a day of his life.

I actually think the crowd helped towards Zaha losing the plot yesterday. The whole thing got completely under his skin and his head went.

I love it when our crowd are like that making players react to them. Of course there will be occasions players it will spur players on but some of these superstars may not be used to a good old Yorkshire welcome.

I remember the arses of the Arsenal players completely dropping when we beat them, was one of the best atmospheres at the land that night. We need to make every game like it.

Precisely so. We’re not there as passive bystanders. We’re there to support our Blades. Fierce hostility to opposition players is to be applauded, not condemned. Their visit to the Lane should be an unpleasant experience for them.

We won’t be offered tea and biscuits by Chelsea, Man United et al.

It's a mystery to Bert (Pt 232) why people booed and hurled abuse at the most exciting and talented player on the pitch, even if he was playing for the opposition.

We can contribute to him having a bad day, Bert. By all means, watch and admire him on tv when he’s playing against some other team.

Precisely so. We’re not there as passive bystanders. We’re there to support our Blades. Fierce hostility to opposition players is to be applauded, not condemned. Their visit to the Lane should be an unpleasant experience for them.

We won’t be offered tea and biscuits by Chelsea, Man United et al
Upanatem!

Gerrintoem!

I was reminded of how the Kop booed George Best when we played Fulham in 1977. The more they booed, the better he played. Thankfully the booing on Sunday made no difference to Zaha's performance but really I thought it was very petty by the Blades. We really should be better than that.

We can contribute to him having a bad day, Bert. By all means, watch and admire him on tv when he’s playing against some other team.

Very well said, I am sure Vardy is going to get worse than the cheating diving Zaha and rightly so.

Normally Zaha level players get that treatment at every ground and it doesn't seem to effect them. Wilder has it right, praise him pre-game to make him and his entourage comfortable and complacent at how good he is, then as soon as the game starts someone goes through him fairly enough for reality to kick in. An £80m player is normally a 9/10 player every game, mind games that drop him to an 8/10 will make a huge difference to their team and so more stoppable.

Must admit, before Zaha turned into a twat we were wondering why he was getting booed. Guessing because he is their best player. Imagine when we play Man City, some people will be going for 90 mins

Thought you were talking about Lundstram for a second.
Didn't see much of Zaha, as he was to deep inside Baldocks pocket.

Undr The Cosh did a vlog on the game on Sunday, not surprising that Zaha is mentioned multiple times. If he's winding up current and ex players then you'll understand why the fans have a pop at him.

Is this a follow-up to 'Annoying Twats I Hope Don't Sit Near Me?' £140 for four tickets. Miss the only goal. Clueless.

I was reminded of how the Kop booed George Best when we played Fulham in 1977. The more they booed, the better he played. Thankfully the booing on Sunday made no difference to Zaha's performance but really I thought it was very petty by the Blades. We really should be better than that.

Funny how memories operate. My recollection was of seeing a shadow of a formerly great player. I thought he was insignificant that day.

Very well said, I am sure Vardy is going to get worse than the cheating diving Zaha and rightly so.

Supporting your team and overt and loud hostility to the opposition are two sides of the same coin in football. I’m surprised anyone takes a different view, to be honest. My approach to cricket is very different (apart from Australia) but it’s a very different sport.

Funny how memories operate. My recollection was of seeing a shadow of a formerly great player. I thought he was insignificant that day.

Recalled very accurately. The highlight of his day was fooling around with Rodney Marsh and getting a few cheap laughs.

Is this a follow-up to 'Annoying Twats I Hope Don't Sit Near Me?' £140 for four tickets. Miss the only goal. Clueless.

Seems like quite a few missed the goal given it was very early into the second half but it seems they had a good time down at the Lane, not sure what’s not to like?

Back
Top Bottom