Why do all these Scottish journalists seem to hate Mcburnie?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rangers wanted to sign him and it's a commonly known fact that all media in Scotland are Rangers fans

Rangers wanted to sign him and it's a commonly known fact that all media in Scotland are Rangers fans

True and it’s does seem madness and a real slight towards the Scottish league that habitual giant Glasgow Rangers can’t even dream about financially competing with Sheff United, who are fresh out of the English 3rd tier.

The McBurnie signing (with respect to Celtic and Rangers)mbrings it home how tinpot their league is.

Why ?

Why indeed ?

Have a funny feeling about this one. Has all the hallmarks of here we go again discussing the footballing merits of someone who, bluntly, ain’t that good at football. An improved version of the universally popular James Hanson and Leon Clarke.

Just exactly how much improved, remains to be seen.

Jury’s out on this one I’m afraid.

For the fee we have paid, i desperately hope I’m wrong !

UTB

Improved version of Hanson, Clarke, or Madine and I'm buzzing 😂

He sounds Scottish? Does he? You mean his name sounds Scottish? He definitely doesn’t. He sounds like he’s from Pudsey.

Yes his name. Other than Fergus McDougall or something similar, McBurnie (the surname) sounds pretty Scottish to me!

Indeed , they don't call Scotland's favourite redtop The Daily Ranger for nothing y'know.

I have a good mate who’s a Celtic fan and he’s bombarded me with anti Rangers propaganda for that long that I believe him now 😂

I can see how the little pigs end up thinking that they are a half decent football team with 4m fans worldwide if the propaganda that they endure is similar.

“Oli is big and mobile ,quick ,good feet strong in the air and intelligent dropping off the front”.

So these are his attributes then ?Sounds handy 😀.

Give me 60-90 minutes watching him closely with dem 👀, and I’ll let you know if you’re anything like 😉.

UTB

Aye, that’ll be right, you know your football after all.....😂

No it’s not ...... it’s so much better than being an England fan.

True. I'd much prefer to get beat by the likes Kazakhstan and never qualify for tournaments, rather than get to World Cup semi-finals.

True. I'd much prefer to get beat by the likes Kazakhstan and never qualify for tournaments, rather than get to World Cup semi-finals.
I would support Scotland even if we were bottom of the World Rankings .. which we are getting close to rather than support England.

You obviously have not got a clue.

I would support Scotland even if we were bottom of the World Rankings .. which we are getting close to rather than support England.

You obviously have not got a clue.

As would I with England...

The point I was making was that it can't be nice that your national team have been shite for years.

I have the same nagging feeling that we've paid massively over the odds for a championship striker. I really hope Wilder is right on this one but I have a bad feeling about it.
Fortunately Chris hasn't.I'm going with his judgement.His record's not bad ya know😱

I was all for Maupay and Robinson, They like Vydra aren’t in the same mould as McBurnie. He offers something different to the above who are more likely to play along side him. Fletcher? My season ticket Pig relation says he was in decent form in the second half of last season but he is hardly prolific in the championship and they say he’s way off premier league standard. I trust there judgement. As for the punts. Admirable but none would fancy us and all would be too expensive. Therefore surely unrealistic?
To be fair mate I doubt Wilder would have fancied Sturridge. Neither the courage nor the staying power.His record at Liverpool was average in terms of games played to time there.😉

As would I with England...

The point I was making was that it can't be nice that your national team have been shite for years.
The point I am making is that they could be even more shite and my support would never change.
So throwing shit about how good you think England are with World Cup this that and the other compared to Scotland is a waste of your time.

I am very happy

Some of the hate will have subsided now. The most expensive Scotland player is no longer an Englishman with a Scottish grandparent who didn't play for Rangers or Celtic. Parity restored now Tierney has gone for £25 million. Ticks all the boxes full blooded Scot and played for the European powerhouse Celtic. One problem, he wasn't born in Scotland it was the Isle of Man. Cue anti manx cat rhetoric. :D

The point I am making is that they could be even more shite and my support would never change.
So throwing shit about how good you think England are with World Cup this that and the other compared to Scotland is a waste of your time.

I am very happy

You definitely missed his point

I am very happy

Fair enough if you're happy. I don't think I'd be happy with my national team if they recently got tonked 3-0 by Kazakhstan or didn't even attempt to qualify for tournaments. I guess that comes down to the different level of expectations.

I suppose it would make the highs even better though, such as the historic 2-2 draw with England at Hampden the other year.

Well I wanted us to sign him when we were supposedly after Maupay based on watching him play against us and on the box. He seems to tick all the boxes for me. I can only assume that the Blades who have misgivings about him have seen something they don’t like with their own eyes that I’ve missed. I hope so, I’d hate to think that it’s down to the the haggis brigade were spreading their poison, it does happen. Anyway we’ll know over the coming months, let’s just all back him, give him time and see how it rolls.

Fair enough if you're happy. I don't think I'd be happy with my national team if they recently got tonked 3-0 by Kazakhstan or didn't even attempt to qualify for tournaments. I guess that comes down to the different level of expectations.

I suppose it would make the highs even better though, such as the historic 2-2 draw with England at Hampden the other year.
That’s exactly right.
My expectations of our Scotland’s National Team are very low. So when we get a draw against your lot it is fantastic.....

Would you have fucked off from supporting SUFC in our League One shitfest for 6 years. No you wouldn’t, because no matter what you will always be a Blade.

Well that’s how I feel about Scotland.

But then again Jack, maybe you did fuck off and are now back for the glory. I hope not. In fact I am sure you’re not.

Why ?

Why indeed ?

Have a funny feeling about this one. Has all the hallmarks of here we go again discussing the footballing merits of someone who, bluntly, ain’t that good at football. An improved version of the universally popular James Hanson and Leon Clarke.

Just exactly how much improved, remains to be seen.

Jury’s out on this one I’m afraid.

For the fee we have paid, i desperately hope I’m wrong !

UTB
So.

Not at all improved then as it turns out !

👀😀👍.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom