Why Bramall Lane & Not Hillsborough

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Probably get that old chestnut

"They'll stick it on honours board" 😂

Seems to be their only comeback these days

They are just patronising United and giving Sheffield City Council the opportunity to set up the brown envelope tactic for when it really matters.

When the mens tournaments come around, Sheffield City Council will be lobbying like mad and promoting the swill as the stadium of choice because it has a park close by.

And because it doesn't want thousands of fans in the city centre with plenty of amenities for them.

Much better to have thousands of drunken football fans in residential areas like Hillsborough, Ecclesfield and Parsons Cross.

After all, there's 4 or 5 people that live in Sheffield City Centre that bought apartments without realising it would be noisy, and when they go home at 4.00 in the morning pissed they'd like it to be quiet.

Plus, another free upgrade for their favourite clubs stadium, so that they can continue to be as deluded in their massiveness for the next 50 years, until some renovation work needs doing of course, then they'll be too skint to keep it up to date having spent all their money trying to convince the world how massive they are with signings they can't afford.

They can also say "C'mon United, play fair, you had the women's tournament"
The free “upgrades” they’ve had just go to prove the old adage is correct

you get what you pay for. They’ve ended up with a free rusting pile of shit.

On a side note, would it be technically possible for shit to rust if you had a diet that was excessively high in iron đŸ€”

Could you imagine if they had got the games, live on TV, the helicopter filming from above showing an aeriel view of the rusting shit tip pre game, the stolen shopping trolleys from Sainsbury's glistening in the Don come into view along with shredded carrier bags moving rhythmically in the current, the camera then zooms in onto the roof of the Leppings Lane stand and it's faded Presto Tools sign which is instantly recognized by any old German pilots who may be watching remembering it from flying over with the Luftwaffe in 1940, the camera then sweeps round to take in the architectural delights of the old Charlie Browns building on Penistone Road and the barren wasteland behind it, all this against a background commentary of Andrea Hinchcliffe, Christine Waddle and Carla Palmer saying how great the 'Old Lady' looks whilst frigging themselves and each other stupid.

I am not just saying this been a blade but I drove past the swill the other day and it looks fucked , the old fade-away blue fabricated metal on the kop end , and the old breeze blocks scattered beneath the shithole it looks bolloxed . Our ground looks 10 times better and that’s with a closed hotel in the corner !!!

How could SWFC have applied to host this event? They don't own a ground :D

Old Trafford and Wembley has games, so how is Hillsborough “too big”?

They mean that the sheer emotive power of playing at the stadium of the very team that once took 3000 to QPR would overwhelm anybody who dared to step into the shadow of such greatness.

I've heard the 'thank you chansiri' banner on the kop was the reason why Hillsborough didn't get the vote because they refused to take it down

More evidence of wendy's fans are. deluded and arrogant. you're in the pub league your ground is outdated
Bramall Lane is. modern and up to the Premier League standard.swillsbro will never be awarded international/cup semi-finals etc.
You might have a chance if England hosts the world cup again. Sheffield Council will come out of the woodwork and back you.
But I would not hold my breath. stop living in the past and admit The Blades are the top club in Sheffield.

Is it just me that reads that and gets the impression that they’re trying to say it was all down to Sheffield City Council and not much to do with Sheffield United at all?

Because I could have sworn it was us who bid for the games and Bramall Lane that hosted the matches. Not sure what involvement the council had apart from maybe helping host the fans zones?

I don’t see any credit or thanks given to Sheffield United.

Is it just me that reads that and gets the impression that they’re trying to say it was all down to Sheffield City Council and not much to do with Sheffield United at all?

Because I could have sworn it was us who bid for the games and Bramall Lane that hosted the matches. Not sure what involvement the council had apart from maybe helping host the fans zones?

I don’t see any credit or thanks given to Sheffield United.

My thoughts exactly.

Back
Top Bottom