Why are you still going to the games?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I keep saying I won't renew my season ticket but I always do if I didn't our lass would probably buy me one to get rid of me for a few hours. At the moment I feel much the same as Muttley described above. I don't generally watch Premier league games but as we are in it I have watched a lot more this season and I leaves me cold. I hate this tippy tappy play it out from the back crap, I want to see a physical contest along with players having high ability, Prem players go down far too easy as soon as anyone tries to make a tackle it is a non contact sport now just like basket ball. Teams don't attack anymore they just pass it around and wait for a mistake it's as boring as fuck. Take any of the top six teams once they score it is virtually game over and the bore fest begins. The Championship with lesser players is far more exciting to watch as teams can still compete. VAR made the game far worse in my opinion along with the ridiculous substitution laws allowing seven on the bench all of which favours the top six who can field an eighteen man squad of players that would walk into most teams starting eleven. If that isn't enough for them they loan out another squad of player out. It is quite ridiculous that a player can be at say Chelsea for ten years but never played more than a handful of games for them while becoming a millionaire. Can't see me renewing for next season even though the kick off times will be better I already usually give Sunday and 8.00pm games a miss due to the unreliable public transport it is a bit shit waiting for a hourly bus that doesn't always turn up and that is on a week day at the weekend the service ends after 6pm or change operator leaving a two hour gap just when you want to get home. I really am disillusioned with the game just now.

I’m only going as I’ve got a season ticket and don’t get to that many games anyway.

To be honest the opposition in this division doesn’t really excite me as there’s not any that I’d consider a rival

Looking forward to Championship again
You've got to be fucking joking, or maybe your 16 years old! I've been going since the sixtys and go home away, the top division is the only place to be! Yes we can't compete and yes we're potless. But fucking hell You've got to have some ambition, or are to still clinging on to Darlington away!

Because I’ve got a season ticket and go with my old man. Been leaving fairly early, never really left before FT before this season but once they’re about 4 down I’ve usually had enough. I just feel obliged to actually turn up, because they’re who I support. Will be renewing, last time we didn’t we ended up going every game anyway.

Last edited:
It's in our blood, it's not a choice, it's 5 generations of red & white stripes,it's untouchable

I love it all when we’re good. I love the pain when we’re bad. It’s addictive.

The slow creep of masochism takes a grip, punishment becomes the norm, and the expectation of struggle assumes control until you can never imagine anything else. It will take a messiah on and off the pitch (manager and owner) to turn this around 360 degrees.

We've become so used to owners without deep pockets, some with moderate intentions, others who feed off the vanity of owning the club and consider that's enough.....I could continue, but apart from a few players who've been able to raise the spirits, but are then sold to be replaced by less worthy replacements, the level of hope that sustains us is also the thing that rips you apart......I wish it wasn't so but we seem destined for more of the same......strange how this inevitability doesn't deter the hordes from pledging their allegiance and following the Blades.

You've got to be fucking joking, or maybe your 16 years old! I've been going since the sixtys and go home away, the top division is the only place to be! Yes we can't compete and yes we're potless. But fucking hell You've got to have some ambition, or are to still clinging on to Darlington away!
May be wrong but I’m thinking can’t be arsed because there’s no ambition from Utd.

Sticking with it through times like this makes you appreciate those occasional good times so much more.
Some folk think football is a matter of life or death, but its far more important than that.
Ref/credit to Bill Shankley.
It's only a game innit!

Season ticket. Saying that, I've missed 6/14 home games. 4 of them I could have organised alternative child care but it didn't seem worth the post-game aggro

Had a season ticket for 20 years, last 4-5 not been getting to many games due to covid and then young children but kept the ST to keep the same seat. Hour and a half each way and that along with the clusterfuck that are trains is making it a tough ask. But if we had some direction I’d still pay the money over.

Current thoughts are I’ll not renew next year.
Yeah you will

Got my first season ticket when I was 11 back in 2013. Gone home and away from the age of 16. Probably missed 5 games in 6 years. To be honest the only thing that I go for is the social aspect of it. I absolutely love the craic on our minibus or train with my mates travelling to the away games. Priceless times.

Treat myself with a place in the Tony Currie Suite on John St and look what happens we regularly get battered and the snap they dish out is shocking.
Going back in South Stand next season

Realised today that the next season I watch will be my 51st…….ive never missed a home season. During those 50 years I’ve seen United lose 6-0 away at Forest, been to the Boxing Day fiasco…..seen us relegated to the Fourth Division and witnessed the Battle of Bramall Lane.
In that time I’ve also had three children and moved to Nottingham.
There have been tricky seasons. Robsons era wasn’t good, the season we had before Chris Wilder joined us wasn’t brilliant either.
This season I have to confess, either through being on holiday or through illness an I have to say CBA ness…….have meant I’ve missed far more home matches than I normally have but I did manage Brighton and Forest away.

Will I be there next season………of course I will be., what else do you do on a Saturday afternoon. Might even get a few more away matches in 🤪

I'll be honest here I'm still going just to see other premier league teams play local. Sheffield might not see Premier league football for some years to come!

Though when you say 'still' going,

I suspect your team may well be seeing 3rd division football next season.
I hear the ice hockey is to a good standard though, if you like watching 3rd division players brought over after a failed career in Canada.

Go Steelers.

Last edited:
To be honest the opposition in this division doesn’t really excite me as there’s not any that I’d consider a rival

Forest?

Christ that’s reminded me, I can’t be arsed with them turning us over at the Lane.

What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your fuckin' armchair wankin' off to Pop Idols? Then try and avoid your wife's gaze as you struggle to come to terms with your sexless marriage? Then go and spunk your wages on kebabs, fruit machines and brasses? Fuck that for a laugh! I know what I'd rather do. Tottenham away, love it!
👏👏 Into em Tommy Boy. 😁

The slow creep of masochism takes a grip, punishment becomes the norm, and the expectation of struggle assumes control until you can never imagine anything else. It will take a messiah on and off the pitch (manager and owner) to turn this around 360 degrees.

We've become so used to owners without deep pockets, some with moderate intentions, others who feed off the vanity of owning the club and consider that's enough.....I could continue, but apart from a few players who've been able to raise the spirits, but are then sold to be replaced by less worthy replacements, the level of hope that sustains us is also the thing that rips you apart......I wish it wasn't so but we seem destined for more of the same......strange how this inevitability doesn't deter the hordes from pledging their allegiance and following the Blades.
Bang on pal. If only the the owners/ board were as good and faithful as our fans we would be onto something but there not and that's why we all suffer as a club, only my opinion and I've said it stacks of times we deserve better will it happen... never in a million fucking years UTB.... roll on fulham.

Back
Top Bottom