Whos going to make the step up?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who is going to make the step up

• Osborn

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Robinson

Votes: 33 16.1%
  • Coulibaly

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Jebbo

Votes: 96 46.8%
  • Osula

Votes: 36 17.6%
  • Sachdev

Votes: 9 4.4%

• Total voters
If a couple of the kids need a championship loan, I would look no further than S6. If they can cut their teeth playing in front of the biggest crowds in Europe in a Champions League quality team they will be ready to play anywhere.

If a couple of the kids need a championship loan, I would look no further than S6. If they can cut their teeth playing in front of the biggest crowds in Europe in a Champions League quality team they will be ready to play anywhere.
Fair point on the crowds and it would be life changing for them to play at the old lady every week, the only issue would be that ‘stiff neck’ would replace ‘hamstring strain’ as our top injury over the season.

Neal looks like a real unit and I can see him being loaned out to a championship side this season.

I think Jebbo also needs a full season in the championship so we can see what he's got. He's not going to be first choice here so how is he going to develop?
He needs game time as how long have people been saying Jebbo has got everything but composure in front of goal? Natural goalscorers are born with it or develop it through match time and he wont get much of that here next season

I very much doubt any of them will be troubling Lunny's FPL total. They all really need to go out on loan. Jebbo is the most developed but far too inconsistent and not even starting for his year group at international level (u-20s). Nowhere near playing regular Premier League football. Needs a season of regular football. Maybe 6 months in league 1 and then look at a Championship loan.

fucking Osborne belongs in L1… ffs awful player.

The 2 U21s I have high hopes for are Andre Brooks and Miguel Frecklington, both could be top players IMO

The lad who couldn't 'break through' to the Derby team last season? Maybe not.
Because that's how young players emerge. It's always totally linear, and gradual. Good non league loan. Good L2 loan. Good L1 loan. Good championship loan. And then, and only then, are they allowed to break through at PL level...

Because that's how young players emerge. It's always totally linear, and gradual. Good non league loan. Good L2 loan. Good L1 loan. Good championship loan. And then, and only then, are they allowed to break through at PL level...
So, what you're basically saying is that he managed to panic and not score against a non-league team in a pre-season friendly and therefore he'll definitewly score at world class defences?

He's a talented player but he's myopic, selfish and wasteful. He needs to play a season of first team football and get the experience that brings.

Osula needs a Champ loan for 6 months. I'd wager someone like Rotherham take him. If he does well then look to recall. I think Traore when he signs will do well this season and fuck off for stupid money next. Jebbison, if he gets a chance and gets more confidence as well could do well. Louie Marsh reminds me of the classic second striker. Young Alan Smith type position, plays more like Beardsley. Not sure if he's going to be as good as them though.

Hecky's had these lads for 3/4 years now, same with Lester. If they're good enough, he'll play them. I 100% trust him with that.

When O'Dreary had Leeds, and Ferguson at Man U, they knew how good those players were in those situations.

So, what you're basically saying is that he managed to panic and not score against a non-league team in a pre-season friendly and therefore he'll definitewly score at world class defences?

He's a talented player but he's myopic, selfish and wasteful. He needs to play a season of first team football and get the experience that brings.
Sometimes they need throwing in at a higher level, and playing for the actual club who intend to benefit from them long term, the club where they're already familiar going into the season and know their team mates and coaches. You can't loan them out forever, we haven't got forever.... especially with our typical contract lengths

Osula is more than ready physically. We don't need him scoring regularly to be contributing. But it could click fairly quickly on that front. When you have one with his potential you need to back them and commit to them.... even more so here because Jebbison will be gone within a year

Everton with DCL were a decent example. They kept involving him, perservered, began starting him and before too long, boom, it fell into place, and now he's allowed to dress like a girl so that says it all

Sometimes they need throwing in at a higher level, and playing for the actual club who intend to benefit from them long term, the club where they're already familiar going into the season and know their team mates and coaches. You can't loan them out forever, we haven't got forever.... especially with our typical contract lengths

Osula is more than ready physically. We don't need him scoring regularly to be contributing. But it could click fairly quickly on that front. When you have one with his potential you need to back them and commit to them.... even more so here because Jebbison will be gone within a year

Everton with DCL were a decent example. They kept involving him, perservered, began starting him and before too long, boom, it fell into place, and now he's allowed to dress like a girl so that says it all
Harry Kane had 4 loans before he broke through at Spurs. Didn’t do him too much harm.

DCL is a great example. The first year he played for Everton the fans hated him. He was useless. A child playing men's football. Everton didn't get relegated because they had enough better players to keep them up. We don't.

Nearly every top player gets their experiences from loans. You want us to play a kid who couldn't break into a league 1 team in the Premier League? It's not football manager.

And bare in mind that most top academies have a string of players better than Osula and yet they don't play them in their first team. They must all be doing it wrong?

DCL is a great example. The first year he played for Everton the fans hated him. He was useless. A child playing men's football. Everton didn't get relegated because they had enough better players to keep them up. We don't.

Nearly every top player gets their experiences from loans. You want us to play a kid who couldn't break into a league 1 team in the Premier League? It's not football manager.

And bare in mind that most top academies have a string of players better than Osula and yet they don't play them in their first team. They must all be doing it wrong?
We aren't a top academy, we aren't a top club. McBurnie is our only senior CF

You're making out I'm suggesting he starts every game. I'm suggesting we involve him and expose him to the level

If you want to point to the Derby loan as proof of anything it's proof that loans are a risk. We sent him to a big club with high expectations and he didn't play enough

What happened with David Brooks? No loan there, he simply stepped up to first team level when he was ready. The timing was right and it worked. Or maybe that was 'football manager'. Plenty of players break through without any notable loans

Back
Top Bottom