Who wears the matchday arm band?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sharp won’t be using it much in future. He’s got a handful of substitute appearances left for us. No sentiment. He should finish his career doing what he does best. Scoring goals, not sitting on the bench. His career demonstrates that he’s not quite been good enough for the top level. No shame in that. That’s football.

Sharp won’t be using it much in future. He’s got a handful of substitute appearances left for us. No sentiment. He should finish his career doing what he does best. Scoring goals, not sitting on the bench. His career demonstrates that he’s not quite been good enough for the top level. No shame in that. That’s football.
”The dog is looking a bit old now darling.”
”Okay love, I’ll take him outside and shoot him immediately.“

”The dog is looking a bit old now darling.”
”Okay love, I’ll take him outside and shoot him immediately.“

It’s an entirely accurate appraisal of where we are now isn’t it? I know Billy is more important than our club to some. I take a different view. I’m Blade, not Bladey.

His career record doesn’t lie. It tells the story. A fantastic goal scorer at a level just below the top league. As I say, nothing to be ashamed of, far from it. He should go with our love and thanks to finish his career notching more goals, not sitting on our bench. Is that controversial?

But it’s entirely accurate isn’t it?...

If anything Billy's career shows how prem teams would rather buy foreign than home grown. The top English goal scorer this century, a natural goalscorer yet he has to wait until 33 to get his second shot at the prem has always baffled me.

A year younger and maybe he plays more, but unfortunately for him it seems to have come to late in his career for him. I think by this point he doesn't care about his personal achievements, he cares about this clubs achievements.

If anything Billy's career shows how prem teams would rather buy foreign than home grown. The top English goal scorer this century, a natural goalscorer yet he has to wait until 33 to get his second shot at the prem has always baffled me.

A year younger and maybe he plays more, but unfortunately for him it seems to have come to late in his career for him. I think by this point he doesn't care about his personal achievements, he cares about this clubs achievements.

His record speaks for itself I’m afraid. Not quite good enough at the top level. Wishing stars don’t work.

His career demonstrates that he’s not quite been good enough for the top level. No shame in that. That’s football.

He has 1 goal in 258 minutes of top-flight football. That's 0.35 goals per game. Some other players that were "not quite good enough for the top level" are:

• Teddy Sheringham (0.35 goals per game)
  • Nicolas Anelka (0.34 goals per game)
  • Dwight Yorke (0.33 goals per game)

His record speaks for itself I’m afraid. Not quite good enough at the top level. Wishing stars don’t work.

Again he has hardly had the chance, he fires Southampton to the prem and gets loaned out, that is bound to knock his confidence.

Everybody knows Billy Sharp scores, you give him a chance, he will take it more often than not. His record shows that he has been unfortunate not to have a sustained chance at prem football. Strikers rely on a lot of things to get them firing on all cylinders, service, confidence, a run of games, I have no doubt that had Southampton kept him instead of loaning him out he would have stayed a prem striker, his record shows he scores.

This isn't wishing, this is my opinion, just like yours is yours. I see a natural scorer who hasn't been given the chance and maybe now too late, you see a natural scorer in anything but the prem.

We should sell Sharp to a MLS side or he should sign for Doncaster/Barnsley/Rotherham...

Not even an international break and the same tired old utter bollocks is out in force...

He has 1 goal in 258 minutes of top-flight football. That's 0.35 goals per game. Some other players that were "not quite good enough for the top level" are:

• Teddy Sheringham (0.35 goals per game)
  • Nicolas Anelka (0.34 goals per game)
  • Dwight Yorke (0.33 goals per game)
Rob Nugent has a 100% scoring record for his country in terms of games and goals; better than Shearer, Lineker, Greaves.
Of course, he’s not... :)

It’s an entirely accurate appraisal of where we are now isn’t it? I know Billy is more important than our club to some. I take a different view. I’m Blade, not Bladey.

His career record doesn’t lie. It tells the story. A fantastic goal scorer at a level just below the top league. As I say, nothing to be ashamed of, far from it. He should go with our love and thanks to finish his career notching more goals, not sitting on our bench. Is that controversial?
All I’m saying is Mrs* Pinchy should keep a close eye on any family pets that seem a bit peaky, especially if you suggest taking them to live on a farm. 😆

*Or your non specific gender/other/romantic life partner.

Again he has hardly had the chance, he fires Southampton to the prem and gets loaned out, that is bound to knock his confidence.

Everybody knows Billy Sharp scores, you give him a chance, he will take it more often than not. His record shows that he has been unfortunate not to have a sustained chance at prem football. Strikers rely on a lot of things to get them firing on all cylinders, service, confidence, a run of games, I have no doubt that had Southampton kept him instead of loaning him out he would have stayed a prem striker, his record shows he scores.

This isn't wishing, this is my opinion, just like yours is yours. I see a natural scorer who hasn't been given the chance and maybe now too late, you see a natural scorer in anything but the prem.

There’s a difference. My opinion is not coloured by sentimentality. I don’t take into account his native city or which team he supports. I don’t add a premium for Bladeyness.

It was up to him to ensure he got the chance. Jamie Vardy did. So did Ian Rush. So did countless others. It’s not as though Premier managers didn’t know he was scoring loads in the lower leagues. There are reasons he wasn’t ‘given a chance’. He wasn’t and isn’t good enough. He’s another Keith Edwards. That’s football. I’ve seen it all before. Reality is just that. It doesn’t vary depending on how much you admire Billy Sharp.

There’s a difference. My opinion is not coloured by sentimentality. I don’t take into account his native city or which team he supports. I don’t add a premium for Bladeyness.

It was up to him to ensure he got the chance. Jamie Vardy did. So did Ian Rush. So did countless others. It’s not as though Premier managers didn’t know he was scoring loads in the lower leagues. There are reasons he wasn’t ‘given a chance’. He wasn’t and isn’t good enough. He’s another Keith Edwards. That’s football. I’ve seen it all before. Reality is just that. It doesn’t vary depending on how much you admire Billy Sharp.
Or maybe your narrow mind causes you to dismiss any opinion other than your own and therefore this renders you unable to engage in rational debate. Thereby meaning your opinion is inherently biased against anything not fitting your blinkered stereotype?

Or maybe your narrow mind causes you to dismiss any opinion other than your own and therefore this renders you unable to engage in rational debate. Thereby meaning your opinion is inherently biased against anything not fitting your blinkered stereotype?

Have we kissed before? Cus you took the words right outta my mouth.

I backed my opinion up with reason, how you can say my opinion is based on sentiment is odd?

I'm pretty sure if I could be bothered I could find a laundry list of players who have been given little or no time to prove they can do it in the top leagues before being thrown away.

I could equally find a laundry list of prem strikers who have had more opportunities than Billy in the prem with worse scoring records as well if I wanted.

Disprove my facts if you are going to state my opinion is based on sentiment

Back
Top Bottom