Who to blame

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidblade

Reaction score
Who is to blame I think it is obvious that our recruitment policy is a major part in our current position , why have we not signed the likes of Emi Buendia or Eze . Is it because of Wilder choice and belief in our system of not playing wingers or is it because of financial restraints or salaries . Apparently Phil Jagielka is on 50 k a week, why is he our highest paid player this does seem strange but if all our players were paid a similar amount we surely wouldn’t have problems attracting players of the quality of Eze or Buendia . We simply have to many players who are not up to it . Sharp Rodwell and Jagielka others have lost form ( fleck Norwood and Stevens ) added to this is the loss of Jack.
Overall it’s a serious lack of management of the club but does it start at the very top or is Wider responsible.
thoughts?

In order to avoid a shit or bust scenario, our strategy was/is to recruit young promising talent who would slot into our wage budget. Then PL window upon window increase the wages to a point where we can attract better and more experienced players - without of course doing a shit or bust.

Unfortunately the combination of a number of factors this season has kicked us in the bollocks. Namely............... Rammers is no Hendo. JOC out for season and his replacements being weak and ineffective. The loss of form/motivation to many of our senior experienced pros. Injuries/sendings off at crucial times. And of course, none of our signings being ready to make a difference in the position we find ourselves.

I just hope Wilder has the will and enthusiasm to pick up the pieces in the summer and get us on a promotion push.

Whatever anybody thinks of Chris Wilder, his stock will always be higher than ours. If ever the club decided to pull the trigger on our beleaguered manager. I would wager that clubs would queue up a lot quicker for his services, than potential managers would to become our boss.
The narrative would simply be that, “he’s taken the club as far as he can.” Maybe even “the club didn’t match his ambitions,” etc etc.
I work with Forest, Derby, Sunderland and Stoke fans

Whatever anybody thinks of Chris Wilder, his stock will always be higher than ours. If ever the club decided to pull the trigger on our beleaguered manager. I would wager that clubs would queue up a lot quicker for his services, than potential managers would to become our boss.
The narrative would simply be that, “he’s taken the club as far as he can.” Maybe even “the club didn’t match his ambitions,” etc etc.
I work with Forest, Derby, Sunderland and Stoke fans
and they would have Wilder in a heartbeat.

I'm pretty sure that Dean Hammond is to blame somehow.

I notice that the media have changed the club's name to "Winless Sheffield United".
Hope the team can put that right in the next match.

No fans has really hit us.

When I have calmed down after a bad result I start to think this is the case more and more. Especially considering the narrow score lines we are losing by.

The argument from every other club is that it's the same for them too. Although prior to the pandemic some clubs had very toxic home atmospheres, especially clubs like West Ham and Newcastle who are at odds with their ownership. No fans has meant they are not there to protest and cause unrest.

is there any reason for blame?? can it not be the case that other teams are simply better than us. I've read numerous times 'recruitment was wrong' but in all honesty was it...recruitment seemed to be about strengthening the squad i.e. replacing those we let go with better players i.e. Bogle for Freeman, Brewster for Clarke, brining in a permanent keeper (who isnt as shit as people make out). Berge was meant to strengthen the starting team, but that's debateable as to whether he has or not, but any signing is a gamble. So I dont think we can really blame recruitment.

Players losing form cant be blamed on anything! Could be a plethora of reasons as to why.

Manager off form - again, is he doing much different to a year ago? I think hes made some questionable team selections, but thats opinions at the end of the day.

JOC has been a major factor in the defence not being as good as previous seasons.

For me, even though its a really hard watch, its just a case that others are better than us, confidence has dwlindled, some hangover from a bad 10 game spell end of last season and as a group they're just not good enough to compete all the time in the top division. The club, quite rightly, wont place us in serious debt to finance large signings so it is what it is.

Not the end of the world.

Bit of luck we can all go back in August to watch them and hopefully we'll have a real go and taking the Championship by storm next season

Hi Stegosaurus here, I put my thoughts into a little rhyme based on Blame Canada

Times have changed, our team is getting worse
We're no longer pushing for Europe, we're actually in reverse!

Should we blame the Prince?

Or the Wuhan Flu?

Or should we blame McBurnie because he's poo?

No! Blame Wilder!

Blame Wilder!

With his beady little eyes
and press conferences full of lies

Blame Wilder!

Blame Wilder!

We need to form a full assault
It's Wilder's fault!

(Brewster) Don't blame me, for not scoring a goal
I was highly rated when I played for Liverpool

(Ramsdale) And I was once in line, for an England cap
Now for the Blades I've suddenly turned crap

Well, blame Wilder
Blame Wilder

It seems everything's gone wrong, since Wilder came along

Blame Wilder, Blame Wilder!

He's not even a real manager anyway.

Back
Top Bottom