Who replaces Chris Wilder?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi Stegosaurus here,

According to my sources, Keith Curle has been seen prowling around the parking lot.

It's surprising there aren't more names strongly rumored than SJ, Howe and Blessin.

I like the sound of Blessin, but having only 1 season in management seems a risk to me. He could go onto to be the next Klopp, or the next Flopp we don't know.

Jokanivic has done it twice getting a team up, whilst playing attacking footy so he seems a good choice. He doesn't seem a long term plan though.

Howe did v.well at Bournemouth, with some decent backing at times. I kind of feel as well as he did, moving into his next job or thereafter will be the test of how good he really is.

The others in the odds are not doing much. Reckon there's a chance that there could be one from out the blue. But seems like SJ looks most likely and at the minute probably best option too.

It's surprising there aren't more names strongly rumored than SJ, Howe and Blessin.

I like the sound of Blessin, but having only 1 season in management seems a risk to me. He could go onto to be the next Klopp, or the next Flopp we don't know.

Jokanivic has done it twice getting a team up, whilst playing attacking footy so he seems a good choice. He doesn't seem a long term plan though.

Howe did v.well at Bournemouth, with some decent backing at times. I kind of feel as well as he did, moving into his next job or thereafter will be the test of how good he really is.

The others in the odds are not doing much. Reckon there's a chance that there could be one from out the blue. But seems like SJ looks most likely and at the minute probably best option too.
everybody saying jokanovic is only a short term appointment but im not so sure i think it shows positive intent by the board to get us back up at the first attempt and who knows we could be the club that jokanovic has big success with in the premier league one things for sure we will be playing attacking football if he comes in

I'm from Torquay, so definitely not tuned into the inner workings of United. Although have to hold my hands up and say that on reflection Ainsworth is..umm..a bad choice.

Don't worry about it mate, you'd think one of our players was the only player who's ever had a serious injury before.

However, we didn't have much choice about keeping Wilder, he walked.

The club tried to keep him in spite of his extremely weird behaviour over the last 12 months, not just this season.

Nobody's sure what happened with him, but he certainly looked like a man on the verge of a nervous breakdown since February/March 2020
I hope the break from the pressure revitalises him and he can get back to another big job. He seemed to take defeats in the same way as a fan would and has not dealt well with the pressure

“Don't worry about it mate, you'd think one of our players was the only player who's ever had a serious injury before”

Wanker post?

Afternoon all,

Hope you are all well.

Disappointing to see The Blades go down, and personally would have loved to have seen Wilder stay (as I am sure most of you did) as huge fan of his.
Have kept an eye on United from a far given that his assistant was possibly my club's worst manager I have ever seen (oops! :().

Would have kept Wilder on in charge next season, as I think he would have led you straight back up.
Nevertheless, I have looked at 10 potential managers that could replace him, ranging from household names to some outside shouts on the continent.

Hope you enjoy reading, and wish Blades all the best for next season.

Obviously done a great edit on the original, well done :) To be fair to you, many opposition fans have left the Lane bemused at the abuse directed toward Ainsworth over the years. He's had a few tactical injuries and suspensions if I recall correctly but his "current" team have always been left in no doubt as to his popularity in S2.

Dane Whitehouse is a bit of a legend as well for good reason. He was a terrific player who scored some really important goals and a short time before his career was wrecked, our shit board tried to flog him in a move that would have probably made him a rich bloke and he turned it down to stay with the blades. Marlon king was a controversial signing, I think Ainsworth would be a very clear no-no as you put it.

As for Knill, I can see that he's a great tactician but always looks uncomfortable in the spotlight, so I fully expect him to turn up at Wilder's next gig. Not really a manager.

No leadership, no direction, nothing to appease supporters from our owner. Frankly we are in the shit already for next season, very worrying we dont have a new manager, i just hope they are still in a job hence the delay in announcing.

I know Ainsworth would never get the job but if he did, and the board were thick enough to appoint him I'm certain people would have a pop at getting on pitch to get to him. The man is horrible and has shown zero remorse for what he did to Dane Whitehouse, I have to say I would not piss on Ainsworth if he were on fire.

I know Ainsworth would never get the job but if he did, and the board were thick enough to appoint him I'm certain people would have a pop at getting on pitch to get to him. The man is horrible and has shown zero remorse for what he did to Dane Whitehouse, I have to say I would not piss on Ainsworth if he were on fire.

0C21B01F-C73E-4916-B357-B0A4D10C2946.jpeg

Ainsworth is a full weight though.

I'd probably run to the petrol station...... You know the rest.. Absolute cunt of a human. And I use the term "human" loosely.

I’m more amazed the Prince said he expected Wilder to leave in December. We are now in April closing in on May and we don’t have someone in.

Back
Top Bottom