Who replaces Chris Wilder?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

OTLB

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Hope you are all well.

Disappointing to see The Blades go down, and personally would have loved to have seen Wilder stay (as I am sure most of you did) as huge fan of his.
Have kept an eye on United from a far given that his assistant was possibly my club's worst manager I have ever seen (oops! :().

Would have kept Wilder on in charge next season, as I think he would have led you straight back up.
Nevertheless, I have looked at 10 potential managers that could replace him, ranging from household names to some outside shouts on the continent.

Hope you enjoy reading, and wish Blades all the best for next season.

Afternoon all,

Hope you are all well.

Disappointing to see The Blades go down, and personally would have loved to have seen Wilder stay (as I am sure most of you did) as huge fan of his.
Have kept an eye on United from a far given that his assistant was possibly my club's worst manager I have ever seen (oops! :().

Would have kept Wilder on in charge next season, as I think he would have led you straight back up.
Nevertheless, I have looked at 10 potential managers that could replace him, ranging from household names to some outside shouts on the continent.

Oh mate, Ainsworth???

Afternoon all,

Hope you are all well.

Your second suggestion is Gareth Ainsworth. Tell me, just how much time did you allocate on research prior to this article?

Afternoon all,

Hope you are all well.

I'm sure you are very proud of your article and your intentions were honorable but I stopped reading at "2. Gareth Ainsworth"...........you obviously did no research into the background between SUFC and Ainsworth because if you did you know that even on a cold day in hell there would still be no chance of him ever becoming our Manager.

Now with all due respect, take your suggestions and fuck off.

Afternoon all,

Hope you are all well.

Just to explain with regards to the abuse you'll get here. Gareth Ainsworth ended Dane Whitehouse's career aged 30. Whitehouse was a club legend, a boyhood blade and 1-club man with 275 apps to his name.

Our fans would never, ever, welcome Gareth Ainsworth into the club.

1619092351280.png

That tackle was in the 10th minute of the game in November 1997. To this day he has showed zero remorse for what was a horror tackle.....

Just to explain with regards to the abuse you'll get here. Gareth Ainsworth ended Dane Whitehouse's career aged 30. Whitehouse was a club legend, a boyhood blade and 1-club man with 275 apps to his name.

Our fans would never, ever welcome Gareth Ainsworth into the club.

View attachment 111164

You forgot to add that to this day he has showed zero remorse for what was a horror tackle.....

Gareth Ainsworth shit himself last night when they got that penalty. It crossed his mind that if they stay up he'd have to visit the Lane next season.

Something he's tried to avoid for over 20 years.

Certainly not a popular name around Bramall Lane, and so United fans would no doubt say a big “no-no” to him.

Think somebody might have hit edit

Edited - Apologies Jon Bon II bit harsh....

If the guy can't be bothered to research then it deserves no credit.....bit like suggesting Joseph Fritzl would be a great candidate for Daddy Day Care...
As soon as I saw Ainsworth mentioned, I winced. I don't know where the author is from but I'm prepared to cut him some slack as it's not something that's widely known outside of our fanbase and so probably not something that you'd go looking for. :)

As soon as I saw Ainsworth mentioned, I winced. I don't know where the author is from but I'm prepared to cut him some slack as it's not something that's widely known outside of our fanbase and so probably not something that you'd go looking for. :)
I'm from Torquay, so definitely not tuned into the inner workings of United. Although have to hold my hands up and say that on reflection Ainsworth is..umm..a bad choice.

Granted but a quick google of "Gareth Ainsworth Sheffield United" would have told him all he needed to know...

Apologies to the OP for telling him to fuck off but it's a very emotive subject so knee-jerk reactions such as mine were to be expected on here!

Last edited:
I'm from Torquay, so definitely not tuned into the inner workings of United. Although have to hold my hands up and say that on reflection Ainsworth is..umm..a bad choice.
In fairness to you, if it wasn’t for the history then he wouldn’t be a bad choice.

However, as it is, I’d rather eat a tepid piece of turd on an underdone slice of toast than welcome Ainsworth to the Lane.

Whitehouse was to many Blades the ultimate blade - a fan, a one club man and a bloody great player - it was absolutely criminal that tackle and ended the career of my favourite blade as a young boy.

For any younger fans in any doubt about this then the following was from an interview with Dane in the Star only last year;

While Ainsworth's career continued, playing over 550 professional games, Whitehouse faced up to the realities of life as a retired footballer. He now works days and night shifts in a steelworks, while Ainsworth is the manager of Championship side Wycombe.
In an interview with The Times in 2017, Ainsworth said he sent a letter to Whitehouse, "wishing him all the best". Whitehouse is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was sent, but says it was certainly never received.
United’s fans have not forgiven or forgotten, and Ainsworth is assured of a fiery reception if he ever returns to Bramall Lane. In 1998, after the return game between United and Port Vale, Whitehouse’s dad Sid barged his way on to Vale’s team coach in an attempt to confront Ainsworth.
"I think it took quite a few people to get him off that coach,” Whitehouse added.
"If I injured someone, or I went in for a tackle and they ended up hurt, I would have god damn made sure I went to see them.
"He had so many chances, but didn't. That's what p****d me off even more.
"I've never hated anyone, and I don't hate him as a person, but I hate him as a footballer and I hate his manner.
"He never paid any respect to me, when I was going through a bad time. He may say he sent a letter, and he may have. But even then, it's not good enough.

In fairness to you, if it wasn’t for the history then he wouldn’t be a bad choice.

However, as it is, I’d rather eat a tepid piece of turd on an underdone slice of toast than welcome Ainsworth to the Lane.

Whitehouse was to many Blades the ultimate blade - a fan, a one club man and a bloody great player - it was absolutely criminal that tackle and ended the career of my favourite blade as a young boy.

Hes still my favourite all time Blade, they just dont make em like that anymore

Back
Top Bottom