Who is this old Blade?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dont think the first photo is a Blade player. The little neck scarf... I have seen photos of South American players around that time wearing them?
Interesting.

think it could be Walter?

photos were originally from a large collection of Blades items. They were in an album labelled “Needham” with other Blades cards/photos including one of Bennett.

thanks all!

Could it be one of theseView attachment 105657
Wolves in their red and white striped shirts and black shorts with white trim that they wore 1886-91. Stripes appear narrower, on average, than the Blades shirts and also on the unknown players photo.
Wolves wore R/W stripes 1883-91 in total, just that their black shorts had a different white trim 1883-85.
What a conundrum, must be some credence in the photos being connected to a SUFC player the way the were left together with others known to be connected with SUFC.
I wish I could advise which road to take in order to solve the mystery, but cannot.
Comparison with photos of the same vintage or dialogue with family members or Mr Garrett.

First one is definitely not a Blade.
The shirt is all wrong, and the "colours" are not right

If you know what you are looking at different colours show up even in black and white film stock (thats how they now "colourise" films)

Back
Top Bottom