Which game will be Coutts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t want this to sound disrespectful to one of our best players. But I hope he gets splinters in his arse for a good while yet. If the boys continue to play like they did against Villa. I can only envisage him coming on to see a game out.

I'm thinking more and more that the Derby subs bench appearance was a clever bit of crowd management and expectation management by Wilder. Just reintroduce the familiarity of having his name near the team sheet, to take the pressure off and reduce the sense of occasion when he does return.

Well played.

Not sure which game it will be. But....

It will be home or away where we are 2 to the advantage with 20 minutes to go?

I can only see him getting on if somebody gets a knock or is injured..

When we are playing like we did against villa it would be daft to change the team, so wilder won’t, cause he’s not daft is he..

Don’t count on it ;).

UTB

Your desperation to be right about this is understandable, we all want him to get back to his best. However, the evidence so far suggests that he is nowhere near that level. I’m just wondering how long you feel we should persevere with him for? At some point Wilder will have a decision to make

Your desperation to be right about this is understandable, we all want him to get back to his best. However, the evidence so far suggests that he is nowhere near that level. I’m just wondering how long you feel we should persevere with him for? At some point Wilder will have a decision to make
The decisions been made fella.

No amount of desperation is changing that :(.

The lads a quality footballer who I have had the pleasure of enjoying ply his trade in a Blades shirt. In fact one of the finest CMs ever to do so.

I understand and respect your, and others point of view. And sadly, it is entirely possible that ultimately, you will be right.

But based on what I KNOW is in there, somewhere that’s perhaps deep down, undercover and out of plain sight, I for one am simply not prepared to give up on the lad just yet !!

UTB

The lads a quality footballer who I have had the pleasure of enjoying ply his trade in a Blades shirt. In fact one of the finest CMs ever to do so.

I understand and respect your, and others point of view. And sadly, it is entirely possible that ultimately, you will be right.

But based on what I KNOW is in there, somewhere that’s perhaps deep down, undercover and out of plain sight, I for one am simply not prepared to give up on the lad just yet !!

UTB

Takes something for me to say this, but for the last four games I would have Lundstram over Coutts on the bench. At least we've "blown up" with only four games to go this time. Reasons to be cheerful. :D

He'll never get back to his best as he'll never get a run of games for us again to get himself back to his best. Massive shame but we can't afford to be carrying him whilst he gets fit.

Sad to say it Bert, but you were right.
I think it is rather telling that Wilder hasn't put a new deal in front of him.

We'd be better with Lundstram on the bench. As good as Coutts was, you can't have someone in there who is not physically up to it.

Scapegoat as he may be, at least he'll run about a bit. I don't think PC can do that at the level required between now and the season's end.

We'll know if Coutts is done when he plays a run of games. He is at his best in a midfield two next to Fleck, which he hasn't done since his return.

He might not get this chance with us, which would be a massuve shame, but to write him off as a player is as stupid as it was the first time people did it, pre Wilder.

UTB

You see the exact same things we all do, fella. We all know that he has quality and he can play with the ball when given the chance. The evidence at the moment shows that he just isn’t mobile enough for this level of football and time isn’t on his side. If Wilder has already made his decision then it’s a brave one but one that is entirely understandable.

I know you’ve not given up on him yet (like that actually means anything) but my question was, how long should we persevere with him? All of next season? The season after that?

Everyone would love to see him back to his best but we can’t wait forever.

You see the exact same things we all do, fella. We all know that he has quality and he can play with the ball when given the chance. The evidence at the moment shows that he just isn’t mobile enough for this level of football and time isn’t on his side. If Wilder has already made his decision then it’s a brave one but one that is entirely understandable.

I know you’ve not given up on him yet (like that actually means anything) but my question was, how long should we persevere with him? All of next season? The season after that?

Let me put it to you like this.

IF we get to the PL and IF PC can get back to even 90% of what he was, is a PC / JF CM better equipped to deal with the PL than a ON / JF combo ?

And to answer your question, a 1 year extension would be where I would be looking to go with this. Assuming the player could live with this. If he is looking for a longer deal, then bonjour !

UTB

IF we get to the PL and IF PC can get back to even 90% of what he was, is a PC / JF CM better equipped to deal with the PL than a ON / JF combo ?

And to answer your question, a 1 year extension would be where I would be looking to go with this. Assuming the player could live with this. If he is looking for a longer deal, then bonjour !

UTB

Not sure you can suddenly start running properly again...not after the injury happened 18 months ago...

Not sure you can suddenly start running properly again...not after the injury happened 18 months ago...
Agreed.

And there are many “IFS” in what I have said.

But make no mistake, the weaknesses we have seen in Norwood, and the frequency in which he loses possession in dangerous areas, would get absolutely crucified at PL level. It’s unrelenting.

Coutts, IMHO,and assuming this lack of mobility does indeed get back to something like, would be MUCH better equipped than Norwood to deal with whatever the PL was to throw at him.

Chances are we would need (and would get) overall improvements in this area of the pitch for a PL campaign in any event.

UTB

UTB

A lot of ifs and buts in there and there’s no evidence any of our players could cut it in the Premiership but as it stands I’d suggest Norwood would cope the best so I wouldn’t advocate leaving him out.

I’d be happy to see Coutts given another year, like you say though, any longer than that wouldn’t be a good idea

A lot of ifs and buts in there and there’s no evidence any of our players could cut it in the Premiership but as it stands I’d suggest Norwood would cope the best so I wouldn’t advocate leaving him out.

I’d be happy to see Coutts given another year, like you say though, any longer than that wouldn’t be a good idea
Agree with every word other than with Norwood, who would truly get found out at PL level.

UTB

It was very painful and sad to see Coutts not get about the pitch or shut any players down at all, he played a big part in not shutting a man down leading upto the penalty.

Fuck knows what Wilder has seen him doing in training as he can’t run properly, it’s a real shame.

Agreed.

And there are many “IFS” in what I have said.

But make no mistake, the weaknesses we have seen in Norwood, and the frequency in which he loses possession in dangerous areas, would get absolutely crucified at PL level. It’s unrelenting.

Coutts, IMHO,and assuming this lack of mobility does indeed get back to something like, would be MUCH better equipped than Norwood to deal with whatever the PL was to throw at him.

Chances are we would need (and would get) overall improvements in this area of the pitch for a PL campaign in any event.

UTB

We ain't having a PL campaign. Time to accept that. Yours, Harrythewristslasher.

You ain't seen any evidence he's only been on a matter of minutes how anyone can right a player off of his quality based on a few minutes here and there is beyond me

You ain't seen any evidence he's only been on a matter of minutes how anyone can right a player off of his quality based on a few minutes here and there is beyond me

Don’t you think his lack of game time is proof that he isn’t back to his best?

The opposite argument is that you haven’t seen any evidence that he will ever get back to that level.

What we have seen from his few minutes here and there is a player who is seemingly struggling to get around the pitch. As I said before, I hope I can get back to what he was but we can’t wait forever.

Don’t you think his lack of game time is proof that he isn’t back to his best?

The opposite argument is that you haven’t seen any evidence that he will ever get back to that level.

What we have seen from his few minutes here and there is a player who is seemingly struggling to get around the pitch. As I said before, I hope I can get back to what he was but we can’t wait forever.
My personal opinion is that he will play some sort of role in the next four games Norwood imo is not undropable and fleck would benefit of coutts presence

We'll know if Coutts is done when he plays a run of games. He is at his best in a midfield two next to Fleck, which he hasn't done since his return.

He might not get this chance with us, which would be a massuve shame, but to write him off as a player is as stupid as it was the first time people did it, pre Wilder.
OK Coutts is done with us. I

It was very painful and sad to see Coutts not get about the pitch or shut any players down at all, he played a big part in not shutting a man down leading upto the penalty.

Fuck knows what Wilder has seen him doing in training as he can’t run properly, it’s a real shame.
That is how I've always seen him.

Back
Top Bottom