What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I once saw Clinton O'Morrison walking to his car in Tesco Car Park Colchester with his Col Utd tracksuit on, one leg rolled up to the knee like a poundshop ghetto gangster. His motor was some white BMW hairdresser bag of wank.

I saw Lee Todd in a pub just after the Villa game at home. Former Stockport, Bradford City and Southampton full back. We’re on nodding and small talk terms. He asked me if I went on Saturday. I replied “no, had a prior engagement” he laughed and said “for the best” and downed his dregs of Cruzacampo before turning to order from the bar.

Lee Todd

I saw Lee Todd in a pub just after the Villa game at home. Former Stockport, Bradford City and Southampton full back. We’re on nodding and small talk terms. He asked me if I went on Saturday. I replied “no, had a prior engagement” he laughed and said “for the best” and downed his dregs of Cruzacampo before turning to order from the bar.

Lee Todd

Football friend?

Football friend?

It’s weird. I’ve lived in Wilmslow for two years. And legitimately he’s the only footballer i’ve met round here. Nice guy. Played for Stockport under Dave Jones. Did well and moved to Southampton for big money, not good enough for the PL and injuries I think forced him to retire.

He also drinks with either the brother or a friend of David White.

I once saw Luke Freeman at the Costa on Eccy Road, he was on the phone and was talking VERY loud (I only noticed him because of this) you could hear his Southern accent halfway down the road

Whilst riding North on the A1 early last Sunday morning, I noticed a Blue BMW M3 closing in rather quickly as we approached the Wentbridge 40 mph zone. As we slowed down, the car kept at a reasonable distance and we both adhered to the speed limit. When the restrictions ended, the blue car immediately overtook me.

I didn't see the driver, he couldn't see my face (crash helmet, me being on a motorbike) but the registration of the BMW was M9 OLE. I wondered at the time if it was Oli McBurnie on his way home to Knaresborough?

By the way, the car will need an MOT in August.

Whilst riding North on the A1 early last Sunday morning, I noticed a Blue BMW M3 closing in rather quickly as we approached the Wentbridge 40 mph zone. As we slowed down, the car kept at a reasonable distance and we both adhered to the speed limit. When the restrictions ended, the blue car immediately overtook me.

I didn't see the driver, he couldn't see my face (crash helmet, me being on a motorbike) but the registration of the BMW was M9 OLE. I wondered at the time if it was Oli McBurnie on his way home to Knaresborough?

Good background information..the MOT bit I mean

Why did you jump to the assumption that it might be McBurnie rather than the more obvious answer that the car was being driven by a mole?

I saw TC in the club car park, asked him when he going to write his book, said he was thinking about it and stop stalking me. The first part was true.
A couple of months ago, Mrs Trig (no interest in, or knowledge of football) and I were on our way across the car park to the club shop when we passed TC who said hello and he started to chat, no encouragement from me, honestly. It was the day of Bill Kenwright’s memorial service and he was travelling over for it.

As we walked away, I said blimey, do you know who that was? Of course I do she said…..Chris Wilder :)

Was villa martin in Spain for the wolves play off when Glyn Hodges walk in with his dad and sat with us for the game seemed a nice fella
Currie was a twat we waited at least 10 mins for him to sign my boys shirts then when we got to the front he started talking to a guy behind him .after about 5 mins i said do you mind signing the shirts please .he turned round and said i am busy ,So at that i said common kids he's a fucking has been anyway

A couple of months ago, Mrs Trig (no interest in, or knowledge of football) and I were on our way across the car park to the club shop when we passed TC who said hello and he started to chat, no encouragement from me, honestly. It was the day of Bill Kenwright’s memorial service and he was travelling over for it.

As we walked away, I said blimey, do you know who that was? Of course I do she said…..Chris Wilder :)
LOL !
Actually I’ve spoken to TC on three separate occasions and he’s been friendly and chatty each time. The last time was on a club open day and my grandson asked him something about artificial turf. Same session TC said Harry Maguire would play for England one day. TC obviously saw somethin.

Not been for years we stoped near the school thats if its still around and the pub was just up from it on a small centre
Our daughter lives there, so several free holidays a year.😀
Was it a Spanish school or the International one?

Was walking down the gangway of the SS towards my seat and this old man walked along one of the rows so I let him out in front of me. Didn’t say thanks. I then noticed it was Tony Currie. He proceeded to the perimeter at the bottom and walked around the pitch on his own, towards John Street.

Was walking down the gangway of the SS towards my seat and this old man walked along one of the rows so I let him out in front of me. Didn’t say thanks. I then noticed it was Tony Currie. He proceeded to the perimeter at the bottom and walked around the pitch on his own, towards John Street.
Old man? Old man? Go wash your mouth out!!

Back
Top Bottom