What would you tell McBurnie?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think having him in our lineup is hurting us. Sure he’s shown some improvement, but he’s not at the epl standard right now. We need goals and the lack of goals is hurting our overall play.

I think having him in our lineup is hurting us. Sure he’s shown some improvement, but he’s not at the epl standard right now. We need goals and the lack of goals is hurting our overall play.
He's definitely premier league standard. Is he top 6 standard, no but it's our first season back. We weren't doing to get a Danny ings we just have to have a spread of goals like we do now.

Ollie W. I'll get me coat.

As opposed to.who?

Let's put fan favourites billy.and mousse in there instead....

Fuck me
You still on one from the Collins debate on Woolfenden? Some thread that. I can read a book quicker lol. You two should meet up and shake hands. 😎

Think of where we could be If we had that extra quality in the final third! Champions league baby!!!
We could neither afford nor appeal enough to those who had that quality. We need to spot and develop what has only shown itself as potential and getting that right is the most sort after talent in the game. I believe we have a team in place who can do this, and McBurnie will further prove this.

As opposed to.who?
And that's the problem for me. Neither Mousset or Mcburnie are currently at the required standard and I'm afraid Billy's race is run at this level. Mousset is rapid but gives the ball away too cheaply too regularly. Mcgoldrick is out of form in front of goal and is better in a no.10 roll.

I'd say, thank your lucky stars every single day, cause despite the unsubstantiated claims, you are not a 20 million player and may have improved slightly but come on the starting bar was set really low.

Got us the 3pts against brighton. Got us the 3pts against west ham. Rescued the draw against man u.

On another day his shot at the end isnt blocked and we are adding arsenal to that list too.

Genuinely damaging that.

We are 7th man. More threatening than any of us dreamed, but we should have signed aguero and pushed for champs league.

And that's the problem for me. Neither Mousset or Mcburnie are currently at the required standard and I'm afraid Billy's race is run at this level. Mousset is rapid but gives the ball away too cheaply too regularly. Mcgoldrick is out of form in front of goal and is better in a no.10 roll.

Go on then I’m going to bite!

Are you serious? Honestly we just drew with Arsenal away, 7th in the league and you come up with statements like this? I cannot believe what I have just read. For fuck sake what do some of our fans want. God help you if we start to struggle!
You know what stick that negativity where the sun doesn’t shine, you have Connor Salmon I will have McBurnie, Mousset, Sharp and McGoldrick!

Wow we have never had it this good as long as most of us have lived, too many expecting too much, hang your heads in shame. Celebrate what we have now while we can because it won’t be as good as this forever.
What's with the negativity? Improve the team up front and it could get even better. Jesus. Why are some of our fans always so glass half empty?

What's with the negativity? Improve the team up front and it could get even better. Jesus. Why are some of our fans always so glass half empty?

The only negativity I see is you calling out the strikers saying they aren't good enough! The majority of Blades see we have come a long way in such a short space of time and are quite rightly enjoying it. Why shouldn't we enjoy it, we were in league one not so long ago getting our arses handed on a plate.

Think mcburnie has stepped up where mousse has stepped down. We are still creating a lot of chances and predict with game time his tally is going to rise quickly. It would be fantastic if we had a striker in scoring form but really have to see the glass as much more than half full

Doesn’t Everton have a £40 million striker on one goal for the season or something, you’d think scoring goals in the premiership with VAR was a doddle according to some.. ps, we’re doing great - get the scotch out of the sideboard and enjoy the moment blades..

I don't understand all this 'he's not a £20m player' - well in today's over inflated PL bubble he is.

Look at what Newcastle paid for Joelington, £40m and he's got what, one goal to his name?
Haller at West Ham, roughly the same as Joelington and has just 6 goals to his name.
Wesley cost Villa £22m and he's got 5 goals.
Cenk Tosun cost Everton around £30m, granted it was a couple of transfer windows ago. Scored barely any goals in his time there and now he's been farmed out on loan to Crystal Palace.

Would anyone swap any of the above for McBurnie? Maybe Haller at a push as he made a nuisance of himself when they played us, but he cost West Ham twice what it cost us for McBurnie.

We'll probably have the same thing next season if we sign anyone and break the record again... but with the riches in the PL teams are going to want more money as they know the bidding team is awash with cash, and rightly so.

I think some of us are still stuck in 2006. 20 million is not a huge fee in the Premier League context these days (even if it is for us) and I think Ollie has generally lived up to it; particularly in recent weeks.

Moose on the other hand was an absolute steal.

The only negativity I see is you calling out the strikers saying they aren't good enough! The majority of Blades see we have come a long way in such a short space of time and are quite rightly enjoying it. Why shouldn't we enjoy it, we were in league one not so long ago getting our arses handed on a plate.
I can see we've come a long way and I'm really enjoying it, thanks for your concern. I can also see there's still room for improvement. Your the only person calling anybody out.

I can see we've come a long way and I'm really enjoying it, thanks for your concern. I can also see there's still room for improvement. Your the only person calling anybody out.
Shut the door on your way out please!!

Back
Top Bottom