What if we stayed up?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
I know I know....

Though entertain the thought that we did a Sunderland/Leicester style escape and put together a run of form and with the help of point deductions we just about stay up.

What implications would that have? How should we approach the following season? What players would we keep/release? Will we be more likely to be sold to new owners?

Its not going to happen but a bit amusing to think about.... I would LOVE IT, LOVE IT if we stayed up and see those pundits self-combust 'luckiest team ever' etc. 😆

I know I know....

Though entertain the thought that we did a Sunderland/Leicester style escape and put together a run of form and with the help of point deductions we just about stay up.

What implications would that have? How should we approach the following season? What players would we keep/release? Will we be more likely to be sold to new owners?

Its not going to happen but a bit amusing to think about.... I would LOVE IT, LOVE IT if we stayed up and see those pundits self-combust 'luckiest team ever' etc. 😆
Could I get a refund on my season ticket?

I know I know....

This weeks batch of Deludomol must be double strength 😂

Oh can't couldn't deal with that! Would be like Leicester signing all the free transfers under Mickey Adams.

Looking at the next 6 games after Fulham I’d be happy if we concede less than 20 goals in them. Not sure a run on 17th place is realistic.

Reactions: Dkc
If we were a normal team you'd expect us to potentially take points from home games v Burnley, Forest and maybe Chelsea / Spurs and away games v Brentford and Everton.

I welcome all this false hope stuff, as it temporarily lifts the gloom slightly and helps fills in the gaps between each abomination (games). I know we all want this season done and dusted, but for me I’d sooner have a tiny little twinge of hope…Than no hope at all.

Reactions: Dkc
We’ve got so much better by not playing
I’m even looking forward to the match today.
So I’m going to entertain the idea of staying up.
Pulling off the greatest escape of all time would give the Blades so much belief and completely change the trajectory of the club.
We’d stay up,get sold and have an enjoyable 4 or 5 seasons in the top flight with the youngsters
really shining through and establishing themselves…..
and then about 10 past 3 today the fantasy would die a cruel death but it was nice while it lasted.

Loving the optimism but we are fucked

Attachments

• IMG_1984.gif
    IMG_1984.gif
    1 MB · Views: 2
I must admit that when our 4th goal went in I did check the other scores. We would have been five points off safety with a game in hand.

It's not the despair that kills you, it's the hope.

If we had the team and manager we have now at the start of the season I'd say we'd have a 50/50 chance of staying up.

Even at this point it's not beyond the realms of possibility. It's the hope that kills you but still plenty to play for.

Back
Top Bottom