What can be learned from this season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think preseason will be so important next season, got to be getting players in early and building a team, because we've missed that this season, we simply haven't played as a team often enough.
The past 3 games have seen what Wilder brings to the club, the mentality thats needed, the effort required.
There's a long way to go, and I'm expecting a mid-table finish come next May, and if we do, does Wilder stay, do we twist again?
Going to be a stressful couple of years, unless something special happens????🤞
I agree it’s going to be stressful for sure, not sure what the play is this next season. Like you said we’re most likely going to keep Wilder this next season (my personal opinion is that we shouldn’t - I’d rather us have a overhaul of players and manager) but my worry/gripe is if he sets us up as a back 5 again, then the next manager (if we twist) will have to either adapt to our system or bring in different players again. Its a tough one, depending on transfers out and in I’d probably expect us to challenge for play offs (10th-8th finish) which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing if we have a young-ish squad who are beginning to gel for the next season after. It’s a hard task after this season because 99.9% of our fanbase has lost patience with this team and ownership so next season is crucial for stability but also potential for our fans to see.

The lesson I've learnt is while this owner is still in charge were on a slippery slope. Why he got involved knowing he was brassic still amazes me. Fingers crossed I hope he sells it🙏

Spend loads of borrowed money regardless of any rules, you only get a couple of games worth of penalties.

The lesson I've learnt is while this owner is still in charge were on a slippery slope. Why he got involved knowing he was brassic still amazes me. Fingers crossed I hope he sells it🙏
Probably wasn’t expecting his business partner to shaft him I guess!

A lot of this was driven by McCabe’s greed. If he’d have just remained co-owner but no, with the promised land in sight he had to try to squeeze the Prince out of the equation, only he wasn’t quite as clever as he thought. Or the Prince wasn’t quite as naive as he thought!

Biggest lesson for me is having a style of play & identity. Players with composure, technical ability & athleticism that can play to whatever style. I can deal with defending for long periods of the game if we show quality when we do get it. Using huge amounts of energy to win the ball just to hand it back or waste the opportunity is suicide at this level.

To me most of our issues have come as a result of not having the ball or keeping possession. If you told the same team to defend and chase the ball all game vs keep possession and move the ball i guarantee that trying to win back possession uses more energy. I understand we can’t do this against every team but we’ve been beyond hopeless at it against almost every team apart from west ham.

Our tactics mean we use more energy, fatigue quicker, likely more injuries, have less control on the game, create less opportunities, score less goals, defend more, make more defensive mistakes, concede more chances, concede more goals. Long term it has a big influence on our reputation which effects player recruitment etc.

Be better at football (easier said than done). You can’t be average at this level.

1. Appoint a DOF.
2. Let Wilder go.
3. Get Cooper.
4.Buy a goalkeeper.
5. Off load Bogle, Lowe, Souza, Norwood, Grbic, RND Archer McBurnie Brewster.
6. Of the loan players buy BBD only.

1. Appoint a DOF.
2. Let Wilder go.
3. Get Cooper.
4.Buy a goalkeeper.
5. Off load Bogle, Lowe, Souza, Norwood, Grbic, RND Archer McBurnie Brewster.
6. Of the loan players buy BBD only.

We won't do at least 4 of them

Back
Top Bottom