We've never had a non-United Kingdom manager! We've never immediately bounced back to the top flight!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Danny Bergara manager in January 1988? Really?

Relying on Wikipedia and Soccerbase??? Why not try SUFC History books?? Billy McEwan resigned after the 5-0 home defeat against Oldham on 2nd January 1988. Danny Bergara took charge of the team in the 1-0 home FA Cup win against Maidstone on 9th January and in the 2-1 away league win at Bournemouth on 16th January. Then we appointed Bassett

Last edited:
Today I noticed that in all our history, we've never had a non-United Kingdom manager and we've never immediately bounced back to the top flight after relegation!

Surely time to break the 'same old, same old' mould and choose the Blessin in disguise? 🚀
Nows a time to start then.

Relying on Wikipedia and Soccerbase??? Why not try SUFC History books?? Billy McEwan resigned after the 5-0 home defeat against Oldham on 2nd January 1988. Danny Bergara took charge of the team in the 1-0 home FA Cup win against Maidstone on 9th January and in the 2-1 away league win at Bournemouth on 16th January. Then we appointed Bassett
Agreed, they're not the sources I would want to refer to, but as sufc.co.uk surprisingly doesn't even list the official info, it was the best info' I had available. Also noticed that in further study, every reference to Danny on the web (which is really interesting) he was only a 'caretaker' coach never employed as manager by the Blades.

So... Harry The Haslam, Danny Bergara, Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo, put 'em together and what have you got? Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo! 🤣

Agreed, they're not the sources I would want to refer to, but as sufc.co.uk surprisingly doesn't even list the official info, it was the best info' I had available. Also noticed that in further study, every reference to Danny on the web (which is really interesting) he was only a 'caretaker' coach never employed as manager by the Blades.

So... Harry The Haslam, Danny Bergara, Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo, put 'em together and what have you got? Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo! 🤣
Caretaker manager, Interim manager - same thing just like Cec Coldwell, Steve Thompson, Russell Slade and John Carver

Back
Top Bottom