We've never had a non-United Kingdom manager! We've never immediately bounced back to the top flight!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Today I noticed that in all our history, we've never had a non-United Kingdom manager and we've never immediately bounced back to the top flight after relegation!

Surely time to break the 'same old, same old' mould and choose the Blessin in disguise? 🚀

Would have preferred a UK born manager but the Bielsa guy has made me reconsider.

It's tough listening to the eulogies and praise on TV in the obituaries for the likes of Norman Hunter and the rest of Revie's cynical thugs. What I automatically find myself saying in response to the fawning drivel is something the tv wouldn't be able to broadcast until long after the watershed.

But.

But Bielsa has achieved the impossible of making me actually look forward to watching a Leeds team in action. 😱 Which is, of course, completely unnatural and perverse.

I'll be mightily relieved when he moves on and I can get back to my normal healthy contempt for that lot of ********

But maybe there is a foreign manager who can take us forward.

Would have preferred a UK born manager but the Bielsa guy has made me reconsider.

It's tough listening to the eulogies and praise on TV in the obituaries for the likes of Norman Hunter and the rest of Revie's cynical thugs. What I automatically find myself saying in response to the fawning drivel is something the tv wouldn't be able to broadcast until long after the watershed.

But.

But Bielsa has achieved the impossible of making me actually look forward to watching a Leeds team in action. 😱 Which is, of course, completely unnatural and perverse.

I'll be mightily relieved when he moves on and I can get back to my normal healthy contempt for that lot of ********

But maybe there is a foreign manager who can take us forward.
Jesus Jon you need some help my old pal! Even Bielsa can’t get me to have anything but complete contempt for the white shite at Beeston United!

Are we the only Premier League team (for now!) to have only had British managers?

Danny Bergara was manager for a few games I think.
Danny Bergara was manager for a few games I think.
Checked this one and we actually went from Harry Hallam to Martin Peters in less than 48 hours with no caretaker between.

Great move! But for every Walsall disaster there’s a Darlington celebration... eventually!

You didnt check properly. Try January 1988
Danny Bergara manager in January 1988? Really?

I keep seeing Jesus saves on church signs so I presumed he’d be coming in to save us from relegation but maybe he’s decided some things are beyond a miracle
I think it is an advert for a Bank or Building Society.

Back
Top Bottom