West ham goal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Take another look at the goal, Basham didn’t get underneath the ball, he was positioned perfectly for it then a clever little nudge/foul from Haller makes him lose his position slightly and head it how he does.

It’s a foul all day long but it gets overlooked due to there been not much contact but just enough to put Basham off. Haller wasn’t going for the ball, it’s a foul.

Exactly.

Kevin Kilbane, watching the game live on BBC Final Score, said that Haller was "clever" but that, ultimately, in his opinion, it should have been given as a foul on Basham.

Exactly.

Kevin Kilbane, watching the game live on BBC Final Score, said that Haller was "clever" but that, ultimately, in his opinion, it should have been given as a foul on Basham.
I guess this is one of those examples when wilder said we need to be a little bit more street smart in the premier league. If Basham felt the nudge he should of given up on the header and bought the foul.

Seventh in the league and we’re still breaking down every goal we concede and handing out blame. Goals happen! Try and enjoy the season :)

I am definitely enjoying the season, I'm not breaking down the goals just watched match of the day and noticed it and wondered if I was missing some thing as i hadn't seen it mentioned before.

As for the OP, I'm not sure what the ref did in terms of blowing the whistle, but the keeper kicks it out of his hands so I'm guessing the ref never blew. Otherwise the OP has a point

I mentioned the same as the OP in the match day thread but got no response. Im sure the ref blew the whistle for offside, I could be wrong.

Either way, I believe the game should be allowed to flow and I hate it when a ref pulls back a quick free kick or fucks up a clear advantage, it slows the game down. Fair play to the keeper for thinking fast.

Seventh in the league and we’re still breaking down every goal we concede and handing out blame. Goals happen! Try and enjoy the season :)

It's a weird position at the minute as far as our defence goes. It feels as though we've got off the hook with some terrible opposition misses but the goals we actually have conceded are mostly preventable. The Snodgrass run should've been tracked but it's a good break from Wham and we'd thrown bodies forward, it's a reminder that Wilder's onto something when he talks about having to be more cautious than we have been in the last few seasons. Other than that only the Barnes goal for Leicester was a real unstoppable bit of football.

It's a weird position at the minute as far as our defence goes. It feels as though we've got off the hook with some terrible opposition misses but the goals we actually have conceded are mostly preventable. The Snodgrass run should've been tracked but it's a good break from Wham and we'd thrown bodies forward, it's a reminder that Wilder's onto something when he talks about having to be more cautious than we have been in the last few seasons. Other than that only the Barnes goal for Leicester was a real unstoppable bit of football.
even then Egan was held down before the ball got to the striker to volley

Take another look at the goal, Basham didn’t get underneath the ball, he was positioned perfectly for it then a clever little nudge/foul from Haller makes him lose his position slightly and head it how he does.

It’s a foul all day long but it gets overlooked due to there been not much contact but just enough to put Basham off. Haller wasn’t going for the ball, it’s a foul.

Yeah, I can see your point but I don't think there's enough in it. If we'd scored that goal and VAR ruled it out, I'd be rather unhappy. Did happen on a couple of other occasions in the game though where Bash got caught under the ball - including at least two where nobody was near him.

even then Egan was held down before the ball got to the striker to volley

Correct. Much more of a foul than the one on Saturday IMO.

Game of opinions but I’m mystified as to how anyone thinks that’s a foul on Bash. He certainly didn’t seem to.

Billy Sharp does that literally ever week. We’d have gone nuts if that was given against us.

Game of opinions but I’m mystified as to how anyone thinks that’s a foul on Bash. He certainly didn’t seem to.

Billy Sharp does that literally ever week. We’d have gone nuts if that was given against us.
I agree I don't think it was he actually did the same thing twice

being super critical.

Robinson should have stood in front of the keeper to slow down the move
Basham could have got more on the header
Norwood should have covered the gap left in the middle
Baldock may have been able to get back quicker, but that looks a bit harsh to me

As for the OP, I'm not sure what the ref did in terms of blowing the whistle, but the keeper kicks it out of his hands so I'm guessing the ref never blew. Otherwise the OP has a point

Baldock wouldn't have to get back quick at all if he'd tracked Snodgrass in the first place.

At the time I thought it was a foul, but I was sat 4 and a half miles away in the upper tier. Saw the replay on MOTD and definitely not a foul for me.

Yeah, I can see your point but I don't think there's enough in it. If we'd scored that goal and VAR ruled it out, I'd be rather unhappy. Did happen on a couple of other occasions in the game though where Bash got caught under the ball - including at least two where nobody was near him.

Correct. Much more of a foul than the one on Saturday IMO.

As you say, it’s all about opinions but I stand by my point that if someone isn’t going for the ball and nudges into someone to try and put the defender off, then no matter who it is, whether that be Billy or Haller they’re trying to gain an advantage in doing so and it’s a foul, a bit like when a player rolls another player, that gets given a foul too.

Back
Top Bottom