Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Sheffield United - 28 November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WES
WES
WES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1606162752123.png v. 1606162759533.png
EPL Week 10 - Saturday 28th November 2020 - The Hawthornes

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/west-bromwich-albion-vs-sheffield-united.518/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1606519710197.png

Last edited:

As much as his decision making has been poor, I’d start Burke against his old team. Let him knock their centre backs about and hopefully give them the run around until moose comes on for the last twenty.

I‘m not clued up on formations and their ramifications like some folk on here I just see certain players doing or not doing things on the pitch.
I’ve seen Burke’s speed and watched him make the pass of the season to Basham and I watched Brewster execute a wonderful through ball against West Ham,both passes took vision and went against our default setting of working the ball slowly into the corner.
I’m sure folk will give me plenty of reasons why not but I‘d like Burke and Brewster up front with Goldie or Berge in the 10 role for this game against Albion.
UTB.

Sick of saying it, use the experienced striker with a football brain.
Seriously I don't care if he looks poor in training he does things which are unmeasurable, like pulling players out of position, finding space and the barely measurable stat this season: Score.
For those that haven't cracked it yet he's called Billy Sharp.

West Bromwich Albion FC (First Team) v Sheffield United FC (First Team)
Premier League
Referee: Dean, Michael
Assistant Referee: Cann, Darren
Assistant Referee: Scholes, Mark
Fourth Official: Ward, Gavin
Video Assistant Referee: Atkinson, Martin
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Hussin, Ian
I like Mike Dean 👍🏻

I'm rapidly losing heart.
I don't see us beating West Brom. They have a few good attacking players so it's almost inevitable they will score against us.
We, on the otherhand, don't. We're also incapable of scoring twice, making victory almost impossible.

I think they'll beat us. 1-0.

I've made a promise to myself that if we don't win on Saturday I will stop making plans around our fixture schedule & only watch if I have nothing else on.
The lads referred to it on BladesPod & I agree - I find it so difficult to shake a loss when I haven't been to a game, or as a minimum watched it with pals in the pub. It just feels do depressing.

Got a bit too much stress in my life at the minute without dedicating my weekends to watching us limply bend over every Saturday.
I hope things get better, both footy & stress-wise, mate. 👍

Sick of saying it, use the experienced striker with a football brain.
Seriously I don't care if he looks poor in training he does things which are unmeasurable, like pulling players out of position, finding space and the barely measurable stat this season: Score.
For those that haven't cracked it yet he's called Billy Sharp.
This^^^^^
I’ve watched sharp tens if not hundreds of times either find acres of space or point to exactly where he wants it only to be let down by a lack of vision from team mates who just don’t have his footballing brain.The Desperate chorus of “pass it to Sharp !” followed by “oh fuckinell” is like a stuck record in our house.

If Robinson plays (and, heaven forbid, scores) and Burke does not feature, that’s going to make for some entertaining message board posting.

gonna be tough this one baggies will be fancying this one more than us would just like to see us go for it and go at em from kick off and lets cut this tippy tappy sideways backwards play out

Here's a short preview video looking at the WBA team, their thoughts on Oli Burke and Callum Robinson plus the Battle of Bramall Lane:

Robinson is absolutely nailed on to score, Burke will show him by coming on as a sub when we're losing and running really fast in a straight line tho

Match preview video, team news for both, players who played for both and a look at the last time we played WBA away:

Well this season is really becoming monotonous now, and this evening really does need to be instalment 1 in our recovery. Unless this happens very soon we could well be planning for Championship football in the January transfer window. But that aside what a lovely day....

Anyway..

Any team news? :)

Mousset to start? (I doubt it but something needs to happen)

So probably unchanged from last game?

A quite brief introduction I'm afraid as it really is not a potential game of the season. Though funnily enough, it could be for us.

Anyway I'll keep positive and suggest we grind out a 1 nil win with Mcburnie on target.

UTB

Another '6 pointer' for you guys.
Perhaps could have done without Newcastle winning although it does help you if Palace are struggling. I guess you really need those around you to be drawing.
Massive game for you tonight. Be great to see you win.

I've seen a few of WBA's games and their defence has looked decidedly 'Championship-level', albeit their goalie has been excellent.

That said, we couldn't punish even Fulham's defence.

Everybody that plays us now can do so with the freedom and confidence that derives from the knowledge that we are highly unlikely to score. From what I've seen of them, WBA have much more creativity in their midfield than we do. And we always ship at least one.

I expect another 1-0 defeat, unfortunately. It will be a season full of them.

Well this season is really becoming monotonous now, and this evening really does need to be instalment 1 in our recovery. Unless this happens very soon we could well be planning for Championship football in the January transfer window. But that aside what a lovely day....

Anyway..

Any team news? :)

Mousset to start? (I doubt it but something needs to happen)

So probably unchanged from last game?

A quite brief introduction I'm afraid as it really is not a potential game of the season. Though funnily enough, it could be for us.

Anyway I'll keep positive and suggest we grind out a 1 nil win with Mcburnie on target.

UTB
Ha bless you I was starting to believe you until you said McBurnie to score.I understand the being positive bit but you have to be realistic to.

Im sorry but anyone that thinks we’ll get anything today is mistaken. Robinson will play well for a fact, these aren’t great defensively but we’ll offer nothing going forward apart from a couple of tame efforts which Sam Johnston will easily pick up. Our defence will not be able to keep a clean sheet against the tricky players they have like pereira and diangana off the bench, and don’t forget they actually have some pace too, 2-0 loss.

This is the biggest game we’ve had since being back in the prem...I’ve never wanted us to win a game more..come on Blades!

Let's hope we don't become PL record breakers today

Back
Top Bottom