Match Thread West Bromwich Albion v. Sheffield United - 18th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WES
WES
WES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629190988643.png v. 1629190996312.png
Championship Week 3 - Wednesday 18th August 2021 - 20:00 - The Hawthorns

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/west-bromwich-albion-vs-sheffield-united.554/

Officials:

Referee:
Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Assistant Referee: Steven Meredith
Fourth Official: John Busby

Away Fans Guide: https://www.wba.co.uk/fans/matchdays-more/away-supporters-guide

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1629190759428.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Jack Robinson - never wear the shirt again
Enda Stevens - never wear the shirt again
Oli Norwood - never wear the shirt again
John Fleck - never wear the shirt again
Sander Berge - speak to your agent and get your move
David McGoldrick - thanks, but never wear the shirt again

We are a diabolical shitfest and League One is coming our way. Slav is a good manager but someone oversold this squad to him.

Sell Ramsdale and Berge and reinvest the fees before the window shuts.

Slav, do yourself and your health a big favour. Keep your dignity intact and admit you’ve made a big mistake joining this fuck up of a club. Resign and keep your marbles. You deserve better.
I'm sorry but you're talking as if he's Pep, he's lucky to have this job, 35k passionate fans, good ground & training facilities, a squad that finished comfy in the prem prior to the lock down, a owner that will spend money, I could go on. These players are low on confidence and motivation and its his job, as a handsomely paid manager, to sort it out. Problem is he can't, he's a boring manager who picks the wrong players, they're not playing for him because they don't believe in him. His reign is only gonna end one way.

This is a disgraceful performance. Put the final nail in the coffin for the likes of Fleck and Norwood for me. Genuinely pathetic.

Sell all of the dead wood why they still hold some value (I don’t know how) and build for the long term.

No one will want them. We are fucking stuck with them until their contracts end.

What the fuck am I watching? If this is not the giant red flag that our board needs to get down to some serious business before the window closes, then I don't know what is. Ramsdale's gone by the looks of things. For me, get shut of Berge, McBurnie & Brewster if anyone would be daft enough to take em, to get some decent cash in, and let all the rest of the dead wood who can't be arsed go. Shocking.

Squad management is a key part longer term success.

Recognising when players have peaked and on a downward trajectory and offloading is a key aspect of this.

We have failed spectacularly on this.

Norwood
Fleck
Stevens
Bash
Baldock
Sharp
McGoldrick
Freeman

These players are all on a downward trajectory, and will only get worse. Not only have we not offloaded we've given new contracts to half of these.

Throw in squad players who aren't good enough to command a first team starting place

Burke
Lowe
Robinson
Osborn
Foderingham
Verrips

Add in the sale of our most valuable assets

Ramsdale
Berge

The immense rebuild becomes clear and the truly awful recruitment over the last couple of years become apparent.

What the fuck am I watching? If this is not the giant red flag that our board needs to get down to some serious business before the window closes, then I don't know what is. Ramsdale's gone by the looks of things. For me, get shut of Berge, McBurnie & Brewster if anyone would be daft enough to take em, to get some decent cash in, and let all the rest of the dead wood who can't be arsed go. Shocking.
dont forget Burke

So two years of Premier League experience wasted. I'm shocked how bad you are after backing you lot for promotion.

Put Burke on Slav he will change the game, great decision! he’s a joke and so is Slav

Can somebody tell Burke that the white lines mean out of play.... If you keep running and don't pass = goal kick

Recognising when players have peaked and on a downward trajectory and offloading is a key aspect of this.

Norwood
Fleck
Stevens
Bash
Baldock
Sharp
McGoldrick
Freeman

These players are all on a downward trajectory, and will only get worse. Not only have we not offloaded we've given new contracts to half of these.

Throw in squad players who aren't good enough to command a first team starting place

Burke
Lowe
Robinson
Osborn
Foderingham
Verrips

Ramsdale
Berge

The immense rebuild becomes clear and the truly awful recruitment over the last couple of years become apparent.
Problem is those players were performing at their peak when we renewed contracts. They’ve snaked us. Taken their money and stopped trying. Set of cunts

I'm sorry but you're talking as if he's Pep, he's lucky to have this job, 35k passionate fans, good ground & training facilities, a squad that finished comfy in the prem prior to the lock down, a owner that will spend money, I could go on. These players are low on confidence and motivation and its his job, as a handsomely paid manager, to sort it out. Problem is he can't, he's a boring manager who picks the wrong players, they're not playing for him because they don't believe in him. His reign is only gonna end one way.
I can't see how you can be motivated by a manager whose speech you can barely understand

Norwood
Fleck
Stevens
Bash
Baldock
Sharp
McGoldrick
Freeman

Burke
Lowe
Robinson
Osborn
Foderingham
Verrips

Ramsdale
Berge

You are right mate most of these should not be at the club.

Back
Top Bottom