Wes..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

gooseh

Reaction score
Can we give the big man some love for today?

I'm still annoyed at the gimp on the kop last week that refused to throw the ball back to him.

I'd rather have Wes than Gbric untill the end of the season, can I get an amen?

Off topic - Also, interesting to note he fell out with Di Canio (I was there when he pushed the ref over) at QPR.

Tbh whether it's Grbic or Wes they'll still be playing the match behind a poor defence, it will just come down to Wilders choice. I reckon we would have had the same result today if Grbic was playing as the defence were doing their job to protect the goal today.

Can we give the big man some love for today?

I'm still annoyed at the gimp on the kop last week that refused to throw the ball back to him.

I'd rather have Wes than Gbric untill the end of the season, can I get an amen?

Off topic - Also, interesting to note he fell out with Di Canio (I was there when he pushed the ref over) at QPR.
Wes deserves to stay in

Paul Merson & Tim Sherwood can't. 😂😂

That’s a pet hate of mine. Lots of people in football are paid good money to talk about it. To be so wrong is unprofessional and disrespectful.

Many years ago Garyoke used to think it was funny to mangle funny forrin names amongst the opposition. Thankfully no longer - good on him.

In Sherwood’s case, Wes’s name is pronounced exactly as it’s written down in front of him. So it comes across as an affected mispronunciation to highlight how unworthy a subject lowly Prem clubs are to him.

CW is paid to win games, and each place is worth £2.2m

He plays Macca and he won’t be here, so if Wes in showing better form he should play, same as McB, Jebbo etc

grbic hasn’t exacrlty come in and covered himself in glory, so while very slim, if there’s a chance we can stay up, play your best line up

Once we’re mathematically down, then blood next seasons team

Fwiw, don’t think either are great, but at least the defenders know Wes weaknesses, changing GK mid dogfight is a risk imo

He plays Macca and he won’t be here, so if Wes in showing better form he should play, same as McB, Jebbo etc

grbic hasn’t exacrlty come in and covered himself in glory, so while very slim, if there’s a chance we can stay up, play your best line up

Fwiw, don’t think either are great, but at least the defenders know Wes weaknesses, changing GK mid dogfight is a risk imo

Has Wes shown better form? I'd question that. He was in the net for our 8-0 against Newcastle and our 5-0 against Burnley too if we're talking scorelines. Plus a fuckload of errors.

Ivo's had 2 games, has a better pedigree and more importantly will be here long term. He has to play IMO, until we know whether he's actually good or average.

Grbic got dicked for 5 by Brighton about a day after he'd signed. Probably had 1 training session with the defence at that point.
He got beaten at his near post on one, but it's worth pointing out that 2 of the 5 were penalties.

At Palace the 1st goal was questionable. Was it a GK error or a genius bit of improvisation by Eze?
The 2nd goal was unstoppable. Wes let in the 3rd.

Wes didn't really do a lot wrong yesterday, partly to do with Luton not actually testing him.

Grbic back in for me

Has Wes shown better form? I'd question that. He was in the net for our 8-0 against Newcastle and our 5-0 against Burnley too if we're talking scorelines. Plus a fuckload of errors.

Ivo's had 2 games, has a better pedigree and more importantly will be here long term. He has to play IMO, until we know whether he's actually good or average.
Don’t think either have showed good form to be honest, Wes started season okay, then dropped off a cliff
Grbic looks like a rabbit in the headlights, which is on CW rushing him in to prove a point to Wes?

Hopefully CW sees enough in training to make the right call, on who is least worse

Don’t think either have showed good form to be honest, Wes started season okay, then dropped off a cliff
Grbic looks like a rabbit in the headlights, which is on CW rushing him in to prove a point to Wes?

Hopefully CW sees enough in training to make the right call, on who is least worse

Totally agree mate.

I guess my thoughts are we know what Wes is, and that's not really good enough, so what harm really giving Grbic a run.

People forget that finishing 2nd from bottom gets us an extra £2.2 million, definitely worth having

100% agree with all of this

Bang on 👍

I love Wes, been a really good servant and can't get with the abuse he has got. But we just made a substantial investment in Grbic, fee and contract, to be number 1. Wes is out of contract and short on form. Wes made a good save and was solid yesterday, but not enough to get his place back, given the above.

Imagine if he's the only change we make and we lose.. it will just fuel the anti-Grbic fire. I'd wait for Wes to have a mare before bringing Grbic in, at least the fans will be behind the change then.

Just an awful plan. Fans have wanted a new keeper for ages. Waiting for Wes to cost us a game again before we replace him, again?! Maybe we just need to stop judging players on a game and a half.

You can’t change a winning side. Sends out a bad message.
It sends out a message alright, on your toes and if you’re not committed to us then we’ll go with those that are. No resting on your laurels or being pulled along on the others coattails after a good performance. Each individual contributes and should be judged on that, Wes cost us points recently and wont be here next season.

Back
Top Bottom