Well done spireites

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will be interesting to see what they do with their ‘academy’. They currently charge people for the privilege of getting to wear the shirt (which they also have to pay for!), it’s all a bit of a con.

I assume they’ll have to do it properly now as their EFL funding will start again.

Good day for your local side HB 😆😉
Thrilled for them (not).

Never known a more bitter set of supporters, proper small town mentality and have a hatred of both Sheffield clubs as well as Derby, Forest and Mansfield. Hopefully we never compete with them in the same league again as we’ll have failed badly if we do.

Don’t particularly care for them - they really dislike us in my experiences.
I’m sure if I can congratulate Pitsmoor pig for making a pasta picture of a brontosaurus ( actually it might have been a crane) then I’m sure I can congratulate the spireites for their well earned success….

Freckleton was on loan to them this season - back with us now mainly because, guess what, he's injured!
Hopefully not too serious.

I've watched Chesterfield quite a few times and Freckleton has done well - but mainly playing centre back as opposed to L back He's left footed, fast and reads the game well. Surprisingly good in the air given his build. Was MOTM against Watford in the Cup at L side centre back.
Definitely a good bet for our LCB role in the future.
Contract expire in May - what's the betting we let him go?1

Yes, well done Chesterfield and Cookie. Nice pattern of play and no matter who he plays from a large squad the side still performs well.
Everyone knows their role - just like at SUFC..........

Spend alot of time in Chesterfield staying g at portland hotel . Theres more blades there than Chesterfield.
Wish them well but find them like barnsley , very 6 fingered and live decades behind.
Rotherham are OK but they forget what the blades done for them under financial issues .
I'd rather blades had no local local friendships. Clubs that blades are close to who come down in numbers to watch us is hearts, Falkirk, morton all thru years of friendship .

I'll never forget being at Chesterfield Bowling with my Blades top on as a 12 year old, in our 1st top flight season under Bassett, prior to the first win and subsequent miracle, being told proudly by a group of Spireites that 'at least they weren't 1st division shit'. Chesterfield were in 92nd place in the football league at the time and I still to this day haven't got a fucking clue as to the point they were trying to make.

I do, I guess many others do as well
Being born and bred in Chess
If they were locals then they probably supported Chesterfields number one club. Man United.
…Well, being born and in Chez Vegas I’ll stick my neck out and say the biggest concentration off Blades outside Sheffield is probably Chesterfield and NE Derbyshire in general.

Rotherham are OK but they forget what the blades done for them under financial issues .

I spent a couple of years living in Rotherham some 12 years ago and during that time I adopted Millers as a second side, purely because I got free tickets to the NYS when the Blades weren't at home. It was a time when watching them in L2 under Steve Evans was more enjoyable than watching us play safety-first dross at Bramall Lane.

I can categorically say Rotherham haven't forgotten the help that Utd gave them with Bucket Collections and free loanees (it was 2 or 3 Loans with Stephen Quinn being one of). I've had a few conversations with Millers fans over the years who appreciate that because of how desperate their situation was when Ken Booth ended up kicking them out of Millmoor.

I can confidently say they don't mind United but hate the Pigs.

I spent a couple of years living in Rotherham some 12 years ago and during that time I adopted Millers as a second side, purely because I got free tickets to the NYS when the Blades weren't at home. It was a time when watching them in L2 under Steve Evans was more enjoyable than watching us play safety-first dross at Bramall Lane.

I can categorically say Rotherham haven't forgotten the help that Utd gave them with Bucket Collections and free loanees (it was 2 or 3 Loans with Stephen Quinn being one of). I've had a few conversations with Millers fans over the years who appreciate that because of how desperate their situation was when Ken Booth ended up kicking them out of Millmoor.

I've lived here over 30 years and live with a Millers ST holder and can fully second this 👍

Thrilled for them (not).

Never known a more bitter set of supporters, proper small town mentality and have a hatred of both Sheffield clubs as well as Derby, Forest and Mansfield. Hopefully we never compete with them in the same league again as we’ll have failed badly if we do.
Errr..That’s probably because they ARE a “small town” club…Mansfield have always been their big rivals, and in general Chezzy fans know their place in the football pyramid.

From 1970 to 1999, Chesterfield were my second team. I ran on the pitch to join the players lap of honour after Chesterfield clinched the 4th division title in 1970. When I started working in Chesterfield in 1979 I noticed that there were more Man U/Liverpool fans who worked at the AGD than Chesterfield fans! There were more Blades fans than Wendy fans too, quite a few Chesterfield fans would go to a match at Bramall Lane if Chesterfield werent playing or were playing an away game that day. I then sort of lost interest in Chesterfield when their fans liked to think that they are our rivals. I always told them that Wendy and Leeds are our rivals but they go into a little brother syndrome.

I to have found millers fans greatfull for our help when they were in the shit and they also resent the pigs for ignoring there call for help . I walk my dogs with a millers fan every day in fact the dog is called miller ha ha but he is always thrilled when we win (which is not often this year) . Yes always found them ok and just like us detests the pigs . They are a bit like us they just can not take that step up a league and stay there .

From 1970 to 1999, Chesterfield were my second team. I ran on the pitch to join the players lap of honour after Chesterfield clinched the 4th division title in 1970. When I started working in Chesterfield in 1979 I noticed that there were more Man U/Liverpool fans who worked at the AGD than Chesterfield fans! There were more Blades fans than Wendy fans too, quite a few Chesterfield fans would go to a match at Bramall Lane if Chesterfield werent playing or were playing an away game that day. I then sort of lost interest in Chesterfield when their fans liked to think that they are our rivals. I always told them that Wendy and Leeds are our rivals but they go into a little brother syndrome.
I take it you didn't attend the pre-season ' friendly ' in 1971 ? It was all hell let loose on their kop before police made the decision to move the Chesterfield fans to the open end opposite !!

I'll never forget being at Chesterfield Bowling with my Blades top on as a 12 year old, in our 1st top flight season under Bassett, prior to the first win and subsequent miracle, being told proudly by a group of Spireites that 'at least they weren't 1st division shit'. Chesterfield were in 92nd place in the football league at the time and I still to this day haven't got a fucking clue as to the point they were trying to make.
Mate I come from chesterfield, and glad there back in the football league, there ground deserves it if nothing else, but take it from me they dislike us with a passion. Theve got a soft spot for Derby though, I think it maybe something to do with the border thing even though Derby's 30 mile away! 😊

I take it you didn't attend the pre-season ' friendly ' in 1971 ? It was all hell let loose on their kop before police made the decision to move the Chesterfield fans to the open end opposite !!
I went to the friendly in January 1971. Tom Fenoughty scored the only goal in the 1st minute of the match. Not aware of any pre-season friendlies in the 1970s?

Errr..That’s probably because they ARE a “small town” club…Mansfield have always been their big rivals, and in general Chezzy fans know their place in the football pyramid.
Probably worded it wrong, they have a chip on their shoulders about local teams based on some warped sense of rivalry.

I used to watch them a lot when United weren’t at home as a kid because we had free tickets through the centre of excellence, I was ballboy a lot as well. I had no time for them then and it’s not changed over the years.

They seem to have had an enjoyable season though and it’s good for the town to have a league club, just a shame that 90% their fans are a few sandwiches short of a picnic when it comes to football.

I went to the friendly in January 1971. Tom Fenoughty scored the only goal in the 1st minute of the match. Not aware of any pre-season friendlies in the 1970s?

Certainly! Let’s delve into the historical football clash between Chesterfield and Sheffield United on August 7, 1971. This friendly match was a memorable encounter for fans of both clubs.

• Chesterfield hosted Sheffield United in a pre-season friendly. Although the match was not part of any official league or cup competition, it provided an opportunity for players to showcase their skills and build team cohesion.

While the specific details of the match are not available in the search results, it’s fascinating to imagine the excitement and camaraderie among the players and fans on that sunny August day. Friendly matches like these contribute to the rich tapestry of football history, creating lasting memories for supporters and players alike.

Unless it is me cracking up ( wouldn't bet against it !! ) , and the above is complete bollocks !!

I always have found them completely inoffensive and they tend to hate the pigs in a similar respect to we do and are generay complimentary towards us and likewise.

they really dislike us in my experiences.

I too lived in Chesterfield for a short while and most were complimentary towards us.

I have lived there all my life. They hate us.

a hatred of both Sheffield clubs

take it from me they dislike us with a passion.

Poll needed.

Didn’t the Pitsmoor Pig once call us “North Chesterfield” in retaliation for our South Barnsley jibes…Hysterical

I would not object to a pre-season friendly at the SMH Stadium.

I seem to remember there was a decent real/craft ale pub near the ground. Very small boozer, not sure of name?

HH

Back
Top Bottom