We really are utterly awful

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Oh well go and watch Wendy then, don't want supporters like you, I have been a Blade for 60 years and yes we have had some poor players and managers, but I dont think it was that bad tonight, We were playing the Champions and they scored with wicked deflection and a goal where another inch would have been out. I thought the lads at least tried but am afraid this season just not good enough, even though we have lots of players out injured. My advice to you Vicar is don't bother watching us again
More tea vicar?

Don’t forget to take your blinkers off before you retire to bed. We were awful and have been for 90% of the season.
I’ve seen awful over the last 40 years. I know what awful looks like. I’ve seen awful V Gillingham, Walsall and many others. What I saw tonight was a narrow defeat to a top side. You know Liverpool are better than us right?

I’ve seen awful over the last 40 years. I know what awful looks like. I’ve seen awful V Gillingham, Walsall and many others. What I saw tonight was a narrow defeat to a top side. You know Liverpool are better than us right?
I’ve seen awful at Gillingham, Swindon, Crewe etc and this season has been as bad. Liverpool and the other 18 teams in the Premier league are miles better than us. It is so sad after the heights we reached last season. Only Sheffield United could finish 9th in the Premier league and then fall off the cliff next season

Narrow defeat, please come on lets have some honesty. We offered nothing as an attacking team & the midfield could not hold onto the ball. That was not narrow, & to be honest although we have lost most games by 1 goal, in performance terms the defeats have not been narrow! Actually EVERY team in the PL is better than us, or am I misreading the table?

I’ve seen awful at Gillingham, Swindon, Crewe etc and this season has been as bad. Liverpool and the other 18 teams in the Premier league are miles better than us. It is so sad after the heights we reached last season. Only Sheffield United could finish 9th in the Premier league and then fall off the cliff next season

We were like Champions League winners tonight in comparison to my worst visit to Crewe.

Oh well go and watch Wendy then, don't want supporters like you, I have been a Blade for 60 years and yes we have had some poor players and managers, but I dont think it was that bad tonight, We were playing the Champions and they scored with wicked deflection and a goal where another inch would have been out. I thought the lads at least tried but am afraid this season just not good enough, even though we have lots of players out injured. My advice to you Vicar is don't bother watching us again
Welcome to the Forum Barry, its a pleasure to have you join us.

I am glad that 12 member of your family agreed with you & liked your comments, unfortunately virtually every other thread about tonight disagrees with you! But that is the beauty of forums they allow for disagreement, although if you genuinely didn't 'think that was bad tonight', might I humbly suggest SPECSAVERS!

Im so glad that half the posters on here won’t watch the blades in the championship too many fake football fans who jump on the bandwagon.

Like you I’ve 60 years watching this team but come on we are shite it’s embarrassing but I will still when I can be there home and away

Like you I’ve 60 years watching this team but come on we are shite it’s embarrassing but I will still when I can be there home and away
No what’s embarrassing is trudging out of Bramall lane after Scunthorpe have just played us off the park. Or losing 2-0 at Rochdale and 1-0 at Bury. That’s embarrassing not losing to some of the best teams in the world by narrow margins.
We aren’t good enough to compete in this division at the moment it’s as simple as that. I’m not embarrassed at all I’m disappointed but that’s about it.

No what’s embarrassing is trudging out of Bramall lane after Scunthorpe have just played us off the park. Or losing 2-0 at Rochdale and 1-0 at Bury. That’s embarrassing not losing to some of the best teams in the world by narrow margins.
We aren’t good enough to compete in this division at the moment it’s as simple as that. I’m not embarrassed at all I’m disappointed but that’s about it.
Balance has no place on this forum. We’re going straight down to League two. Losing to the Prem league champions is worse than embarrassing.

Norwich, Brentford, Watford, would have all beaten Liverpool last night!
Reason? They can score goals, something our strike force don't know how to!
Forget the Liverpool front line, they didn't really threaten, they're not the team of last season. Liverpool of last season would have scored 6, 7 or 8 goals last night!
The big difference last night was that we are rubbish, lacking in talent, skill and ability to compete at this level.
Just not good enough.
I do worry about our club for next season as it needs serious surgery and removal of both the has beens and the never will be's and Wilder needs to get his head out of his arse, take responsibility for signing failures and get a plan in place for Championship survival!
Sorry to be so blunt, but that's the truth of this situation and nobody can sugar coat it for me 😒

We need to ditch 352, or 532 as it’s been for the best part of a year because our centre backs and wing backs haven’t over/under lapped in that time.

I absolutely adore CW, but he’s doing an Adkins and patronising us all saying that the system works, and I’m fed up of fans/players/managers/pundits talking about “fine margins” and us being in games. We’ve lost 20 out of 25 games, that’s not a coincidence.

Most of those games have ended up with us having no more than 2 shots on target, but we’re that fucking boring to watch now that we defend with 8 and have 2 isolated on the halfway line so we’re never going to get battered but to say we’ve been in games for most of the season is a bare faced lie.

Change the system, play 4 at the back especially when your 3 first choice centre backs are out injured. We’re so slow it’s untrue, you watch most Premier League teams and they attack with pace on the break. We have a flat 3 in midfield with no pace or real quality (bar the odd bit from Fleck) and a front 2 pairing who look lost who ever they are.

We’ve not played how entertaining football since December 2019, change the system.

And another thing, why does every fucking team seem to have a pop from 25 yards bar us.
He doesn’t say the system works, but tat the system is not the problem and he is right.
Last night he said we didn’t have the quality to compete in this league and there lies the problem

Some people are getting a bit defensive about the fact that others have said how crap we are in the same way that someone would get defensive if someone insulted their child. This club is a bigger part of some people's lives than it is for others but facts are that compared to everyone else at this level, the level that we currently deserve to be at based on last season's performances, we are terrible.

The fact is that we've lost 20 out of 25 games and whichever way you slice it, it's bloody awful and despite Wilder's undoubted achievements in getting us to the Premier League, simply being happy to be there is no good. That was Warnock's approach and that started the ball rolling towards League One ultimately.

Last season was us against the world, this season it's the world against us. Why? Same manager, pretty much the same players, all teams we've played before. I can put up with losing if we're making a game of it but as soon as we go a goal down, it's as good as over with the goalkeeper sat in his deckchair.

It'd be easier to take if we were in West Brom's position, had just come up and simply weren't good enough but last season proved otherwise. I was under no illusion that this season was going to be more difficult and that we'd be competing more with Palace, Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle than with Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs like last season but to be so far behind the also rans is what makes it so difficult to take.

At the end of the day, Chris Wilder picks the team, signs the players and most importantly, sets the tone for the club in general. He is the face of the operation and is clearly instilling no confidence in his team, a far cry from last season.

Back
Top Bottom