We need to wake up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Get what you are saying but in fairness how many goals have we conceded in the last 3 games. Appears one centre half has made a massive difference to us. I'd like another couple of defenders myself but it's hardly panic stations is it?

We haven't played anybody who has really tested us in the last three so I think we need to be cautious before we believe that the defence is now sorted.

A new strong, dominant CH to play with Edgar and some LB cover and GK cover are quite crucial, imho, and unless J Wallace can start to play more than 30 / 40 mins we also need CM cover as well. Wide midfield also looks like it could do with attention and all these are needed if we are to mount a serious challenge for automatic promotion.

I'm not expecting Messi, its not necessary in this Division to spend shed loads of money, BUT what is crucial is to have strong, consistent performers in key positions and that's where we currently have problems.

We may have a big squad, but a significant number of them are either not good enough or are incapable of imposing themselves in this agricultural division.
UTB & FTP

Darthblade

Clough was backed very well indeed in my opinion, and he failed because of his stubborn selfish behaviour, starting with butler, collins, jcr and a list of others who he ostracised, he was on the way to falling out with che adams as well by all accounts... yes he failed, but not because of financial backing, he failed because nigel cloughs is a very, very poor manager...

We moan about centre halves today, we signed a very good one, and mardy arse fell out with him...think on.

Darthblade

Clough was backed very well indeed in my opinion, and he failed because of his stubborn selfish behaviour, starting with butler, collins, jcr and a list of others who he ostracised, he was on the way to falling out with che adams as well by all accounts... yes he failed, but not because of financial backing, he failed because nigel cloughs is a very, very poor manager...

We moan about centre halves today, we signed a very good one, and mardy arse fell out with him...think on.

I don't know if all the details above are correct but breakdown of, and unwillingness to repair, player relations was one reason he was sacked.

And realise that we can not attract premier league players whilst in league 1 and the news today that Michael Turner has gone to the dark side is not surprising. He won't be impressed by a fancy pitch and nice dugouts he only needs to look at that fixture list and his decision will be made. Restrictions mean we can't pay big wages so we need to start looking at out of favour championship players or better still top performing league one players who would be impressed with our facilities and direction.

This league is shite full of nasty horrible grounds and players used to travelling to premier league grounds or good championship grounds just won't swap. All this promise and investment bull shit might work on the fans but players have heard it all before. If we don't sign anymore players by next week we may have a problem, plus the board have some serious questions to answer, I worry we will have an unhappy manager with broken promises.

Stop wasting your time on targets who aren't interested, wake up and go for realistic targets.
what like billy sharp and connor sammon
werent they championship
and Edgar

why keep kicling the club when they are busting a gut to improve us
so we missed out on one ,,, move on to the next

thoughtless threads like this really really piss me off
we cant sign every player we are linked with

and yes MURPHYS LEFT , GIVE IT FUCKUING UP HE WASNT OUR BEST PLAYER
not by a long way

Last edited:
what like billy sharp and connor sammon
werent they championship
and Edgar

why keep kicling the club when they are busting a gut to improve us
so we missed out on one ,,, move on to the next

thoughtless threads like this really really piss me off
we cant sign every player we are linked with

and yes MURPHYS LEFT , GIVE IT FUCKUING UP HE WASNT OUR BEST PLAYER
not by a long way

Obviously didn't read my post when I said we need to start looking at out of favour championship players which is what Edgar, sammon and sharp are. Who was better than Murphy? And please just remind me what awards he won last season?

It's thoughtless reply's like this that piss me off.

Obviously didn't read my post when I said we need to start looking at out of favour championship players which is what Edgar, sammon and sharp are. Who was better than Murphy? And please just remind me what awards he won last season?

It's thoughtless reply's like this that piss me off.

we are 2-0 up at swindon without Murphy
missing him are we fuck
hes gone and totally forgotten

championship mp`layers are better than what we had and who wednesday signed was a championship player hasnt played in the prem

We haven't played anybody who has really tested us in the last three so I think we need to be cautious before we believe that the defence is now sorted.

We have now, at their place and kept a clean sheet.

we havent played anyone ?? weve beaten the other top 6 sides from last season still in this division
3 went up left chesterfield and swindon
no other clubs in this division finished higher

Darthblade

Clough was backed very well but not until the end of January ....... it was all out of our reach by the start of December. We tried to get promotion on the cheap and, as usual, discovered too late that it didn't work !!

No arguments that NC was stupid, stubborn & selfish ...... but there was no money spent until the end of January and even then we didn't sort out the elephant in the room ...... no decent CBs :eek:
UTB & FTP

We have now, at their place and kept a clean sheet.

Agreed ........ and well done to the ( almost sexy ) red & white wizards for a great performance and a splendid result.

And in my humble opinion we still need another big, strong, dominant CH, GK cover, LB cover, CM ( if Wallace cannot deliver ) and winger, in order to get automatic promotion from this agricultural division .....
UTB & FTP[/QUOTE]

Agreed ........ and well done to the ( almost sexy ) red & white wizards for a great performance and a splendid result.

And in my humble opinion we still need another big, strong, dominant CH, GK cover, LB cover, CM ( if Wallace cannot deliver ) and winger, in order to get automatic promotion from this agricultural division .....
UTB & FTP
still think its demeaning to what we have ,now being handled better and given their opportunity to show what they really have under +Nigel, not under the restraints imposed by - Nigel
We wont need 5 players as you imply , 2 at most , for cover

let the geese flap their wings and watch them fly

Darthblade

About to fall out with Ché? Didn't know that, what happened?

Back
Top Bottom