'We Haven't Got the Finances to do a Permanent'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

McCabeonomics innit... its ‘The Blades Way’ ;)

For me, Ricky hit the nail on the head on another thread yesterday. The club have shot themselves in the foot with their inconsistency.
  1. The club cannot afford a permanent deal.
  2. The club have not yet touched the Brooks money.
Which is it?!

It feels like sound bites from the owners and board to suit the conversation at hand, sod the need for consistency of messages.

It's ridiculous really, isn't it? And this after being told we were originally aiming for 2 permanent and 2 loans.

It's about managing fans' expectations and they're doing a fine job of overpromising and underdelivering.

This basically.

Dear me, common sense. And on a match day as well......

You do know that those not at Bolton will be busy writing their main scripts for 5pm in the event of a defeat/Leon playing and/or unconvincing draw or win don't you.

Can they not just cut and paste previous tantrums?

5F64E093-9CE0-4530-9BAD-DC440F77D80A.jpeg

It’s perfectly simple.

We haven’t got sufficient finances to do a permanent deal, including wages on a three year contract, for the player Tufty wants, Scott Hogan.

We have more than enough to do a permanent deal for other players. They are not players that Tufty wants.

There. That’s it in two short paragraphs.

So, there are no other players in the world other than injury-prone Scott Hogan who can do what Tufty wants?

I'm assuming you are speaking from a knowledgeable position on this subject?

Other clubs sign players from leagues we never scout. So yes.

This basically.

Not, basically. The premise at number one is incorrect. Wilder was talking about a particular permanent deal or deals. The deals for players he wants and including wages over several years, not merely a transfer fee. A loan of the self-same players doesn’t involve anything like the same financial commitment. Someone recently did a very instructive comparison of a permanent for Waghorn contrasted with a loan of Hogan. Nobody took any notice because it didn’t fit the party line.

I’ve tried to explain all this in plain language a number of times now. Perhaps I’ll try semaphore next?

Not, basically. The premise at number one is incorrect. Wilder was talking about a particular permanent deal or deals. The deals for players he wants and including wages over several years, not merely a transfer fee. A loan of the self-same players doesn’t involve anything like the same financial commitment. Someone recently did a very instructive comparison of a permanent for Waghorn contrasted with a loan of Hogan. Nobody took any notice because it didn’t fit the party line.

I’ve tried to explain all this in plain language a number of times now. Perhaps I’ll try semaphore next?

Fuck that, Esperanto every time please!

So, there are no other players in the world other than injury-prone Scott Hogan who can do what Tufty wants?

You better ask him. I think a small committee of know-nowts on here should decide who we sign...

...and pay for it.

Dear me, common sense. And on a match day as well......

You do know that those not at Bolton will be busy writing their main scripts for 5pm in the event of a defeat/Leon playing and/or unconvincing draw or win don't you.

Hasty rewrites..........

Reactions: LSF
To be honest I’m more excited by the prospect of Marvin Johnson coming in than Hogan. Think he he would add that much needed pace we are lacking.

To be honest I’m more excited by the prospect of Marvin Johnson coming in than Hogan. Think he he would add that much needed pace we are lacking.

Not that this has been an issue the past three games. Having won them and all that.

If we can loan a good un so what if we can't buy in January? Wilder has stepped up a level recently and is getting his recruitment bang on. He'll get the striker he needs.

If every game allowed us to use the 4 strikers like we did yesterday it would be ideal. Good first half from Leon, assuming he got injured at half time so was subbed but not heard anything yet. McGoldrick showed something different when he came on and unbalanced their defence in a different way. Billy hassled and ran all game and Woodburn showed a few good touches late on.

Problem being if Leon is injured then we are 1 of the 4 light again.

Back
Top Bottom