We ain’t got a barrel of money

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Aww diddums, have you lost your temper over the very fact of your miniscule existence?
I haven't lost my temper, or resorted to trying to insult you

It's quite simple really, I don't like the song

Why you have to be involved in that opinion, I don't know

I much prefer the new songs where we just wait for the whole of the EFL and some conference teams to sing something and then just swap their player with one of ours and hey presto, we’re away.

I also feel a massive sense of pride whenever I hear a ‘football in library’ or ‘this is a shithole’ start up. True football songs.

Not taking anything away from Alan Woodward, Currie and Eddie - they were all fantastic servants for the blades. But..why do we still sing this chant? These players played over 40 years ago? And if that is the case, why don’t we sing about Edwards, Deane or Brown? At least they’re most recent

UTB

Tradition.

Not taking anything away from Alan Woodward, Currie and Eddie - they were all fantastic servants for the blades. But..why do we still sing this chant? These players played over 40 years ago? And if that is the case, why don’t we sing about Edwards, Deane or Brown? At least they’re most recent

UTB
Apply to your local college for a Nostalgia Course immediately.

UTB
Easy
We sing it cos Promtion is soon

They would if they left United,
Bit like Ivan Toney would probably be going if he was doing the business for someone other than Brentford.
It is more difficult to score twice against Man City than it is to score twice for Man City, but no England manager will ever recognise this because it's his paymasters that decide who's going and who isn't.

This is the reason why England won't win owt, it's favourite players from the favourite clubs regardless of form
There is a lot of truth in that. Look at the make up of the 1966 squad and winning team. Three of the starting 11 played for Leicester, Fulham and Blackpool. Wouldn't happen today

UTB

Wild guess but could it be that we're proud of our history and will never forget players from one of our greatest ever sides?

Plus it's a banging tune sung with gusto at Cardiff today.

Also why do we sing about Woodbines when they aren't available any more, and are scientifically proven to be killers.

Also sheffield United may not be the greatest team the world has ever seen.

I'm going to have words next match.
But Jack Charlton is dead

It also tells the whole world that we are a poor, debt ridden, tosspot of a club that is forever behind the likes of Millwall and Wigan, which isn't true, because we have ten times more money that 20 of the 24 Championship clubs were competing with.
I have a really strong hatred for this song and I cringe when I hear being fired up.
wtf-what-the-fuck.gif

Referring to the "No pig fans in town" song and about it being about the year 1889, singing "Jack Charlton is dead" when he hasn't even been born, is so fucking ridiculous.

Referring to the "No pig fans in town" song and about it being about the year 1889, singing "Jack Charlton is dead" when he hasn't even been born, is so fucking ridiculous.
Also Hillsborough didn't start being built til 1899.
Absolutely boils my piss 😤 😤 😤 😤 😤

And, if I Did have the wings of a sparrow, how on earth would they provide sufficient uplift to carry me for a shit?
It's aeronautically impossible and makes us a laughing stock.

I'm literally fuming.

Actual barrel pub in trouble..

"we ain't got a barrel to drink in"

Also Hillsborough didn't start being built til 1899.
Absolutely boils my piss 😤 😤 😤 😤 😤

And, if I Did have the wings of a sparrow, how on earth would they provide sufficient uplift to carry me for a shit?
It's aeronautically impossible and makes us a laughing stock.

I'm literally fuming.

Re the tiny wings of a sparrow/Blade transportation for a shit dilemma, try a sprinkling of fairy dust just prior to departing on runway 1..

Works for me everytime. 😉

I’ve always loved it, and I never saw any of those players play. I remember it from growing up, not sure if it was our fans singing it or just me Dad.

I might totally wrong about this, as I’ve been abroad a long time, but I feel like we didn’t really sing it for a while, but it came back spontaneously and beautifully the first home game after Alan Woodward died (think it was Chesterfield at home), and it’s been in rotation since then.

It’s a song that connects the generations, and it’s also one that seems unmistakably ours. A lot of the newer ones are shared by many other teams-that’s natural in these times, but it is lovely to have your own ones, too.

It also tells the whole world that we are a poor, debt ridden, tosspot of a club that is forever behind the likes of Millwall and Wigan, which isn't true, because we have ten times more money that 20 of the 24 Championship clubs were competing with.
I have a really strong hatred for this song and I cringe when I hear being fired up.
My God, is that a serious post? :D

No, I'll just use earplugs when I hear the most embarrassing song in football
It’s original, it remembers some of the greatest players in our clubs history, it’s optimistic (promotion is soon) but also self aware (we ain’t got a barrel of money), it’s a classic.

I’d rather sing this than one of the copy and paste jobs that half of the English clubs fan bases (ourselves included) have these days.

It’s original, it remembers some of the greatest players in our clubs history, it’s optimistic (promotion is soon) but also self aware (we ain’t got a barrel of money), it’s a classic.

I’d rather sing this than one of the copy and paste jobs that half of the English clubs fan bases (ourselves included) have these days.
But don't forget, if you sing "we aint got a barrel of money", you are declaring your hand to the opposition. No really! :)

This bloke's got an obsession with hating his own football club and its' supporters. Simply weird.

Back
Top Bottom