We’ve drawn City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think you mean we've drawn Man City.

Would you have said we have drawn Utd if we got Man Utd?

I hate the fact that the two manc clubs don't even have to use their full names. Bastards.
No I would have said manure you know see the image

Attachments

• D49DBDD4-2387-4B8A-AFA1-87F7BA677EED.jpeg
    D49DBDD4-2387-4B8A-AFA1-87F7BA677EED.jpeg
    593.8 KB · Views: 2
Why did he draw out of the bag rather than emptying it into the bowl (as they always do now) after he'd carefully placed the balls in and not given it a shake?

Another one for the CT thread.
I want another thread explaining the odds of drawing certain teams, it's been too long 😂

Remembering the first City game in the Prem, Fleck played an absolute blinder before the ref fouled him.

Blades!, we’ve just got to try to be positive about our Wembley trip. Yes it’s gonna be very, very difficult, but we’ll always have puncher’s chance.
If we can avoid listening to the media for a few weeks, then maybe we can go down to the smoke with are head held high.

Let's play the reserve/rotated team we beat Spurs with. 😎

I think you mean we've drawn Man City.

Would you have said we have drawn Utd if we got Man Utd?

I hate the fact that the two manc clubs don't even have to use their full names. Bastards.
Media darlings you see. Leeds Newcastle and West Ham have all self castrated themselves by effectively dropping the United from their name, to keep with the programme…They can’t do that to us.

Now we can’t play them in the cup, McAtee and Doyle need to be the first names on the teamsheet for all league matches.

Yep. The problematic midfield issue seems to be finally fixed.

Doyle and Berge sitting, with McAtee and Ndiaye behind the striker.

It gives us the best of both worlds, energy and numbers to battle for possession, plus creativity and attacking intent.

It should also be said that having Norwood as 1st backup, with Coulibaly and Osborn (once fit) as cover, is far from a hardship. Even Fleck might have a shift or two left in him before the end of the season.

* Google reischtag fire *
Lolz and nods head knowingly
Walter Gempp was head of the Berlin fire department at the time of the Reichstag fire on 27 February 1933, personally directing the operations at the incident.[15] On 25 March he was dismissed for presenting evidence that suggested Nazi involvement in the fire.[16] Gempp asserted that there had been a delay in notifying the fire brigade and that he had been forbidden from making full use of the resources at his disposal. In 1937, Gempp was arrested for abuse of office. Despite his appeal, he was imprisoned. Gempp was strangled and killed in prison on 2 May 1939.

What an unfortunate series of completely unrelated events!

Last edited:

Arblaster, Coulibaly and Brookes are all available for the semi. It gives the Sheffield United squad a great opportunity to play Doyle and McAtee in the final against Man Utd or Brighton.
Man City reserves will be rattled by the thought of Norwood and Fleck coming off the bench late on! 🙈

Let's just fucking enjoy it. If we get bummed 5-0 it means we're not as bad a Burnley. If it's 1-0 to them, might mean we go into the rest of the campaigns with renewed confidence. They have some tough games either side of the semi so maybe they'll rest half the first team and play the remainder of the billion pound squad.

City play Bayern on the Wed, us on the weekend then Arsenal the following Wed. Might be they play their reserves against us.
Cant see it mate, Pep does tend to take the cups quite seriously, unfortunately for us ha.

Hopefully they do play their reserves as it's full of shit players such as Alvarez, Foden and Mahrez so it'd be a breeze....

Fabulous

Played them 6 times in fa cup won all 6
I've seen this stated in a number of places today and it's not true.

We've played them 6 times, won 4 and drawn 2.

1906 W 4-1
1914 D 0-0, D 0-0, W 1-0
1939 W 2-0
2008 W2-1

It is true, however, that City are the team we have played most in the FA Cup without losing to.

What time will the kick off be? It’ll definitely be the Saturday, as others have said, Man Utd have the Europa league on the Thursday.

Yep. The problematic midfield issue seems to be finally fixed.

Doyle and Berge sitting, with McAtee and Ndiaye behind the striker.

It gives us the best of both worlds, energy and numbers to battle for possession, plus creativity and attacking intent.

It should also be said that having Norwood as 1st backup, with Coulibaly and Osborn (once fit) as cover, is far from a hardship. Even Fleck might have a shift or two left in him before the end of the season.
yes i thought berge and doyle combo worked well and is definetly the pairing for the remaining 9 league games doyle has so much more energy than norwood who sits too deep anyway and berge looked distinctly better alongside doyle ive wanted us to play 1 up top and 2 in behind for a while now gives us more control of the midfield area

iv) The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.
Subsection (i) States that the parent club can grant permission in writing for the loanees to play.

I think the bit you’ve quoted means that the FA cannot overrule the wishes of the parent club.

Anyway, I expect we’ll find out soon enough, but can’t imagine them being so petty, particularly when they’ve allowed Cancelo to play against them in the Champions League?

Back
Top Bottom