Warnock the best motivator

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With the most recent appointment at Huddersfield he played 4-2-3-1 for most of his games in charge there plus at a lot of other clubs or variations of that. With all the motivation in the world he would also have to redevelop an ethos of formation that has been with the club for 7 years. Looking at the squad at the moment. You would probably end up with something like

Wes
Baldock Anel Trusty Robinson
Bogle Souza
Archer Hamer McAtee
McBurnie

I can't believe I'm typing this, but if Hecky goes, I'd rather have Warnock in right now than Wilder.

If Hecky stays and we keep playing like we did Saturday, the squad's confidence will be shot to pieces for the start of next season - players are visibly regressing and he'll be hard pushed to turn that around over the course of a summer.

If Warnock comes in, we still almost certainly go down, but he's one of the best player motivators out there. I think we'd go down with more of a fight, some belief would be restored and the players will be walking a foot taller.

If Wilder comes in now, it could get toxic again. He doesn't like losing and is prone to chuck his toys out of the pram if he gets frustrated and blame everyone else bar himself. BUT, bring him in at the end of this season and it's a similar reset project to what he had when we were in League 1. Crucially I'd want Knill along side him because he's clearly a great presence on the training ground, a players' favourite and has good tactical nous. Wilder can focus on the squad turnover and putting a plan in place to go again.

Back
Top Bottom