Warnock - for one season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kev Gee

Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds and we fail with Blessin, I think this could be a good move.

Could be his final year in management, he can steady the ship until Blessin qualifys for a work permit.

Also we don't have the spectre of Kevin Macabre on the board so doubtful there would be an issue with HRH

At least we would not be in a relegation fight which I reckon could happen with the hapless PH in charge.

When CW walked away 2 months ago I wouldn't have entertained this move but as time goes on I really am worried about arresting the slide.

At least with Warnock he wouldn't stand for some of the performances from our so called star players.

1. Why would Blessin put his career on hold for a shot as our manager?
2. no thanks
3. Can't wait for our pre-season tour of Cornwall

Prefer an Ebbsfleet model where we all vote on team selection and formation

As crazy as it sounds and we fail with Blessin, I think this could be a good move.

Could be his final year in management, he can steady the ship until Blessin qualifys for a work permit.

Also we don't have the spectre of Kevin Macabre on the board so doubtful there would be an issue with HRH

At least we would not be in a relegation fight which I reckon could happen with the hapless PH in charge.

When CW walked away 2 months ago I wouldn't have entertained this move but as time goes on I really am worried about arresting the slide.

At least with Warnock he wouldn't stand for some of the performances from our so called star players.
10000 percent I'd take warnock for one last season.. guy's a serial promotion winner in the league below. Folk saying he's a shite manager are either blind or stupid. He's literally made for promotion from the championship.. AND if he retired after next season that's Blessin/A.N other sorted.

Agree 99% re warnock
The signs are worrying in most aspects.

We need a manager who understands and has successful championship experience. We are at risk of falling quickly without a hard professional in charge.

Disagree re Blessin as I don’t think he’ll be that desperate to wait a year and he’s an unknown entity anyhow.

The fact this is even being debated indicates the extent of our malaise. Sad times.

If we’re still looking at Blessin now, despite the fact we literally can’t get him, then I’d suggest we’re up shit creek without a canoe.

I wouldn't necessarily be against it.

I've never wanted Warnock back at BDTBL but I've recently changed my mind about that. Next season will probably be our most crucial season for years to come and while promotion is never a guarantee I'd still take what is probably the Championship's best and most experienced manager. Plus there doesn't seem to be many quality managers out there whether in or out of work that I think we could realistically lure especially if you go by the names we've been linked with, they don't really fill me with much confidence.

On the flip side I don't know if he'd be willing to leave Boro and return here despite having parachute payments?

If we’re still looking at Blessin now, despite the fact we literally can’t get him, then I’d suggest we’re up shit creek without a canoe.
I think we are appealing the decision, so I expect a resolution by midweek. It's not ridiculous to consider that he could be appointed season 22/23 when he would qualify for a work permit, who knows?

I think we are appealing the decision, so I expect a resolution by midweek. It's not ridiculous to consider that he could be appointed season 22/23 when he would qualify for a work permit, who knows?

What’s the financial sense of waiting a year, letting our parachute payments diminish (and the weight of comparative advantage reduce), for any manager? It is indeed a ridiculous decision if that’s the approach.

What’s the financial sense of waiting a year, letting our parachute payments diminish (and the weight of comparative advantage reduce), for any manager? It is indeed a ridiculous decision if that’s the approach.
It wouldn't be the plan but if we don't go up with (insert manager here) we could go back in for Blessin. I highly doubt the club will do this and I personally think his appeal will fail and that will be the end of that. He will go to another club in a few years and become the next Guardiola.

I thought we would get instantly promoted next season with CW.

Now I think it will be a relegation fight.

The drop in performances have been monumental.
Genuine question.. did you watch any of the 28 games CW was in charge of? The Wilder performances were absolutely embarrassing, we were that bad Derby fans were getting excited about their record being broken. PH inherited a broken team which CW did the breaking, it's been poor yeah but dont act like this is a recent thing

Genuine question.. did you watch any of the 28 games CW was in charge of? The Wilder performances were absolutely embarrassing, we were that bad Derby fans were getting excited about their record being broken. PH inherited a broken team which CW did the breaking, it's been poor yeah but dont act like this is a recent thing

Wilder had lost his way, but football changes quickly - see the change from Adkins to Wilder. Usually a new manager gets, at the very least, a dead cat bounce. But theres’s been no improvements in performances and arguably the defence looks worse under PH. If we’re going to see out the season under PH, then I think you’re stretching the goodwill of the fanbase and that will ultimately feed into season ticket sales, other forms of revenue.

A signal of intent is needed.

I absolutely get the "why wait 12 months to get Blessin" question.

I suppose that would depend on how much the board have bought into his vision and approach to player development and recruitment. And how he would work under the United world project.

If the board want him then would it be possible to agree terms and a fee with his current club and then loan him straight back to them for another year.

This approach would surely be a first (a loan manager) and unprecedented for an English team.

And would Warnock agree to essentially just be keeping the seat warm for someone else. Highly doubtful.

I like Warnock but this isn’t a Warnock team, so would require fully dismantling. I would prefer somebody who can improve what we’ve already got, not rip it out and start again.
Wilder walked away because he couldn't improve what we already have. Any new manager will need to dismantle much of the squad and start again due to Wilder's poor signings .
Warnock would be ideal but as he has just signed a new contract so i doubt he would come

Let's wait until we have no money to sign any players!

And what makes you think we will have any money to sign players now?

All the signs are that our budget is going to be recouping £40 million.

Either way we won't have huge funds available next season or the one after that.

Wilder had lost his way, but football changes quickly - see the change from Adkins to Wilder. Usually a new manager gets, at the very least, a dead cat bounce. But theres’s been no improvements in performances and arguably the defence looks worse under PH. If we’re going to see out the season under PH, then I think you’re stretching the goodwill of the fanbase and that will ultimately feed into season ticket sales, other forms of revenue.

A signal of intent is needed.
Agree. I think the team's performances have meant PH won't get the 1st team job and go back to the U23s.

And what makes you think we will have any money to sign players now?

All the signs are that our budget is going to be recouping £40 million.

Either way we won't have huge funds available next season or the one after that.

But we have more parachute payment income next season than we will the season after. Not to mention more saleable assets.

If people were concerned that fans were supporting Wilder and not the Blades then bringing the eyebrowless one back would make us a circus attraction with Colin as the main event. It would be all about him.

A big ‘no’ from me.

I like Warnock but this isn’t a Warnock team, so would require fully dismantling. I would prefer somebody who can improve what we’ve already got, not rip it out and start again.
The longer this caretaker manager nonsense goes on, the more the rot is setting in and the more likely it will need ripping out.

Its difficult to call, because some of the Championship football I’ve watched this season has been poor. However it is competitive and physical and this current bunch look like they dont have the fight in them any more. That says to me that there is going to be a slide that needs arresting and on that basis, I’ve got no problem with Warnock coming back.

Blimey Kev Gee we must be psychic. My sentiment entirely regarding Warnock and had I noticed your thread earlier I would have placed my post here instead of on the Blessin Rumour Mill.

Back
Top Bottom