Warnock demonstrated……..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

…we need to replace HJSMc if we are seriously going to try and become a regular in the most prestigious rich league in the world.

Im not going to heavily debate or justify this statement, I just wanted to get it out of my head cause it keeps coming back in to my thoughts.

Heres why. Last night Man City were 2 up with 10 minutes to go when they were awarded a penalty. Gundogan had scored 2 and Haagaland (penalty taker) handed him the ball in a kind gesture so Gundogan could score his first hat trick. The inevitable happened, Gundogan missed then Leeds scored.

My point (and a very angry Pep’s point) is there’s no room for sentiment if you are serious in top level football. Leeds could have snatch an equaliser and this 2 lost points might have handed the title to Arsenal, only the next few game will tell.

Back to HJSMc. Warnock handed them their arses on a plate on Thursday, that simple. If Warnock can do that against a strong SUFC 11 think what top managers will do to us. We should have gone out under no pressure and entertained the fans who braved a wet Thursday night and some hard earned income. But no, we were hung over ineffective rabble slowed to walking footy in the first half then hit with Huddersfield’s afterburners in the second half. Just think what managers like Pep, Klopp et Al can do to us tactically.

We have two scenarios

1. Non-sentimental approach, a buyer comes in, cash is available, clear out the players that are not in our plans but first replace HJSMc for an experienced top level coaching team. Buy proven players at this level from an eclectic mix not just GB players.

2. Sentimental approach, no new buyer, budget team based around who we can hang onto. Retain HJSMc cause they’ve “earned the opportunity to have a go” (if I hear that said one more time I’ll explode).

I think 2 is going to be the obvious outcome but as my good virtual friend Blade58 points out he’s resigned to this fate next season. Yes we will battle but little ol Sheffield United will more than likely have a lot of plates full of arse meat by this time next year.

All that said I’m proud of the team, the fans and most of all HJSMc but as pep was screaming at Haagland there’s no room for sentiment if you want to be up there, no sentimental twaddle, take the shot.

Spoken like a true pillock.

…we need to replace HJSMc if we are seriously going to try and become a regular in the most prestigious rich league in the world.

Im not going to heavily debate or justify this statement, I just wanted to get it out of my head cause it keeps coming back in to my thoughts.

Heres why. Last night Man City were 2 up with 10 minutes to go when they were awarded a penalty. Gundogan had scored 2 and Haagaland (penalty taker) handed him the ball in a kind gesture so Gundogan could score his first hat trick. The inevitable happened, Gundogan missed then Leeds scored.

My point (and a very angry Pep’s point) is there’s no room for sentiment if you are serious in top level football. Leeds could have snatch an equaliser and this 2 lost points might have handed the title to Arsenal, only the next few game will tell.

Back to HJSMc. Warnock handed them their arses on a plate on Thursday, that simple. If Warnock can do that against a strong SUFC 11 think what top managers will do to us. We should have gone out under no pressure and entertained the fans who braved a wet Thursday night and some hard earned income. But no, we were hung over ineffective rabble slowed to walking footy in the first half then hit with Huddersfield’s afterburners in the second half. Just think what managers like Pep, Klopp et Al can do to us tactically.

We have two scenarios

1. Non-sentimental approach, a buyer comes in, cash is available, clear out the players that are not in our plans but first replace HJSMc for an experienced top level coaching team. Buy proven players at this level from an eclectic mix not just GB players.

2. Sentimental approach, no new buyer, budget team based around who we can hang onto. Retain HJSMc cause they’ve “earned the opportunity to have a go” (if I hear that said one more time I’ll explode).

I think 2 is going to be the obvious outcome but as my good virtual friend Blade58 points out he’s resigned to this fate next season. Yes we will battle but little ol Sheffield United will more than likely have a lot of plates full of arse meat by this time next year.

All that said I’m proud of the team, the fans and most of all HJSMc but as pep was screaming at Haagland there’s no room for sentiment if you want to be up there, no sentimental twaddle, take the shot.
What? Are you serious?

I’m just trying to picture the scenario.

‘Well done on nearly getting us up last season despite us being shite for half the season & huge congratulations on achieving us promotion this season/ fa cup semifinal and putting up with all the off the field shit without complaint but we’re going to have to let you go’

Warnock's brilliant tactical plan was to allow us to have 70% of the ball and to create, and miss, several clear chances in the first half in the hope that somebody would score a wonder goal in the 2nd?

We have two scenarios

I agree, everyone talks about improving the playing squad when getting promoted but no one ever thinks to upgrade the manager

I'm hoping we get many more threads like this during the closed season.
I've never heard anything so ridiculous or funny in all my life.
Can only assume that the fans that want Hecky out are the ones that didn't want him in the first place but are too arrogant to admit they were wrong.
Our manager got us promoted despite having a horrendous list of injuries, transfer embargo and a failed takeover and yet people still want him out.
It's not only funny, but quite sad that people can't accept the good times when they come around.

I agree, everyone talks about improving the playing squad when getting promoted but no one ever thinks to upgrade the manager
Slight spelling errors in your name methinks…..3 letters for starters

Back
Top Bottom