Roy's View From... Villarreal and Blackburn Fans Views On Ben Brerton-Diaz

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilders track record in the transfer market is extremely poor. Bringing in players with premier league quality is not something he does. This signing suggests he’s learnt nothing.

To be fair Luke Thomas has PL experience so even that approach isn’t a guaranteed success.

Imo we’re already down, if adding some fight and a respectable finish is our new goal then so be it, BBD might chip in with a bit more fight and a goal or two.

Reading the Villareal comments i think they were expecting a messi type of player, quick passes, quick movement, etc.

You don't buy messi, play long ball, then moan when he doesn't play well as the ball is constantly going over his head - kind of like what we did with Leon Britton.

I think BBD is exactly what we need right now, especially as McBurnie keeps getting injured.

He looked like he could be the next Harry Kane when he was with Forest. When we beat arsenal in the cup he basically retired per mertesacker at the age of about 17. Was gutted we sold him as he had the raw attributes but not really kicked on.

mind you, I thought burke was the next gareth bale when with us.

I do think both have the raw attributes to be elite players but for whatever reason it hasn't happened. Maybe a mentality thing.

Good luck to him. Hopefully for him and you he gets a few important goals early on
I dont like these reasonable comments from a Forest fan, but fair play.................I still want to hate you though so tread carefully! lol

Im glad this is loan, sounds awful and tbh when we played them in the cup last year he wasn’t great then, this has the touch of the Burke signing, promising in flashes but totally useless.

It also doesn’t smack of the board going for it in terms of trying to stay up so I think this signing speaks volumes of our intentions.

But with all our signings we welcome him and hope he can show the doubters wrong.

Is this a signing that is an improvement on Traore... probably.

Is this a signing which would get into the starting XI of any other prem club... absolutely not.

Thanks Roy.

This View From is hardly a catalogue of ringing endorsements, but of course the pessimistic attitude amongst our fans will seize the chance to bleat on how crap our recruitment is. Again.

This signing suggests to me that the club and manager have given up on Premier League survival.

In which case why bother making the signing at all.

We are fucked so what do folk expect? One out one in for what looks like a net zero improvement…

The only thing that’s changed is the manager and until the owner goes we will be going backwards

I understood more from the Villarreal fans than the Blackburn fans. When have Blackburn been battling for promotion in the last few years, was it when we were in the Prem last?

Wilders track record in the transfer market is extremely poor. Bringing in players with premier league quality is not something he does. This signing suggests he’s learnt nothing.
Actually his track record of this type of striker is excellent:

Leon Clarke, Gary Madine, Scort Hogan - all played vital roles for us - BBD will be great i reckon

Try and look on the bright side.

He might strike up a goalscoring partnership with Archer.

Wilder and co might get a tune out him.

If he’s shite, or injury prone, he goes back to Spain in the summer.

Try and look on the bright side.

He might strike up a goalscoring partnership with Archer.

Wilder and co might get a tune out him.

If he’s shite, or injury prone, he goes back to Spain in the summer.

He goes back to Spain in the summer regardless.

There's definitely a player in there. I'll reserve judgement til CWAK have had a bit of time with him but I have a good feeling. We need something to look forward to FFS!

Without a PL transfer budget, every manager struggles to bring in PL quality.

Do you think when he signed Brewster, he had the option of getting Ings and Watkins but chose Rian instead? Our transfer record under Wilder was remarkably good.

Amazing in it
When he was playing at Blackburn they couldn’t praise him enough , bloke getting tattoo of him on there back ,people coming over from Chile to watch him , then when he realised a big move was on the cards
( Mcburnie - Lunsacunt ) slowed down to protect themselves he scores a few -sets up a few we win a few that’ll do for me

I seriously doubt there would have been this level of negativity over this signing if it had taken place over summer. To my mind, Ndiaye, Gyokeres and BBD were the main names when anyone talked about decent Championship strikers. Everton were linked with all 3 (of course). He has half a season at Villarreal and because it hasn’t worked he is now rubbish. So by that logic Ndiaye is also a pile of shit, I hope he doesn’t come back, too!

Are you saying our recruitment division is at the level where it should be .. ?
Recruitment is dependent on budget.

Manchester United's recruitment is shit because they have one of the biggest budgets in Europe but don't manage to sign the best players.

We have a Championship budget in the PL, they simply can't recruit for this level. The one permanent signing they made in the last few years in the Champ was Anel, very good. Mcatee, Doyle and MGW on loan, very good.

Is this a signing that is an improvement on Traore... probably.

Is this a signing which would get into the starting XI of any other prem club... absolutely not.
I mean there's at least 3 clubs he would have gone to at the end of his time at Blackburn. They'll all get relegated this season like.

Villarreal have barely given him a start and then played him on the left wing basically. They bought a hitman and moved him into midfield, yet he's at fault.

Back
Top Bottom