Roy's View From... View From The Neutrals

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When we beat them at their place I assume, and with Liverpool fan, but Everton trainee, Lord Jonathan Lundstram, providing the exquisite assist, that saw Lys Mousset put the ball straight between the legs of Jordan Pickford and into the back of the net.

Our 2-0 smash and grab win there pissed them off so much that when they were hunting for a new manager

Virtually all Everton fans ridiculed Wilder....they said they‘ve seen his football at Goodson and it was negative Sam Alydyce long ball stuff.

Excellent!

Some very pleasant comments about us. Really pleasant!

Liked the Liverpool ones and the Newcastle guy mentioning they got the wrong manager.

Brilliant Roy.

Our 2-0 smash and grab win there pissed them off so much that when they were hunting for a new manager

Virtually all Everton fans ridiculed Wilder....they said they‘ve seen his football at Goodson and it was negative Sam Alydyce long ball stuff.
To be honest, we were shocking as an attacking force there.

Superb as a defensive unit though.

Looking at how that's said in the quotes I saw, it was mostly being used as a way to praise our teamwork and decry their own - a dig at their own manager.

Totally different version of it from the Massive

I get that, but it reads like a bit of a back handed compliment to me.

Makes us sound like a bunch of cloggers, which we're not.

Bizarrely the better comments seem to come from the bigger clubs (who you'd have expected to have a chip on their shoulder).

However, what the fuck happened to the working class clubs like Man City and Everton fans.

I see one or two early signs of entitlement now and again on here so it's something to guard against, complacency is hardly in the Sheffield United make up.

With Everton, I'd put it down to the bitterness that comes from years and years of failing to re-establish themselves as one of the top clubs. After all when the PL was originated they were one of the "big five"

Anyway, if you want to have a go at any Everton fans then let them know how their club was formed out of a Methodist Chapel named after a Caribbean island and named by the man who made his fortune employing slaves in the sugar plantations there. Nobody would give it much mind before but these days that's a toxic history.

I always liked Everton, but less so now.

Also has a Pig infiltrated the Southampton board - “Feels like Sheffield Utd have had winnable games for weeks and weeks”. That would be Man City x2, Liverpool away, Arsenal away...

Thats the thing when you are the 5th best team, majority of the games are winnable :)

Norwich fan:

"Will Wilder be tempted by the Villa job in the summer?”
I genuinely believe that some clubs will be sniffing around for Wilder pre-season.
He has been working under the radar, but now his stock is on the up.

Norwich fans are still set firmly in the belief that they are a better team than us aren't they.

If they hadn't had injuries and we had, blah blah blah

• Media darlings
  • Will struggle next season
  • Not great individuals
  • Shows how shit the league is
  • Down next season
  • Lucky with injuries
  • Not one of their team would get into..

Any more?

Those comments were mainly from teams below us... which isn’t that much of a surprising stat as they’re only 4 teams above us :)

1st is completely unrealistic of course, no chance of that.
2nd and 3rd also pretty much out of the question, but with some concerted effort may just get 4th

Most likely 6/7th down to 10th though

Blades league position? Oh sorry, I thought we were discussing post number in response to Roy's View From ;)

Fantastic Roy

Norwich fan:

"Will Wilder be tempted by the Villa job in the summer?”
Typical thick supporter mentality. Lambert did it to them. ‘I hope that shit thing what happened to us happens to them’.

The ‘Man City thing’ doesn’t surprise me at all.

Historically, they have not been one of the true ‘elite’ clubs. Deep down that is embedded in the City fans’ psyche, and it manifests in a chippiness and edginess.

And, don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with that; it’s the same edge that Blades fans have and which many neutrals would say contributes to the Lane being a hostile place to visit.

The incongruous aspect of it is that when you think of the Etihad, and Man City games generally, that edge isn’t there anymore. It was different at Maine Road, of course, which was a ‘lively’ place to go, but that has long since been sanitised.

The spiteful comments from Man City fans may then just be the manifestation of the real underlying core Man City fans’ ‘Maine Road’ character.

Even with the best manager in the world and a billion pounds worth of players, they are still patently not regarded as a true ‘glamour club’; are struggling to expand their wider appeal; appear unable to sell out their stadium; and are still desperate for the status that Man U and Liverpool have.

In reality, they are still very much the ‘second club’ in Manchester (and having lived in Manchester for a period, I do not believe the drivel about there being more Man City fans in Manchester than Man U fans - just because Man U have fans all over the world, it doesn’t mean that they don’t dwarf Man City’s support in their home city too) and are a club with a loyal and sizeable hardcore support of c.25 - 30,000 who have had to share a city with the biggest club in the world. It can’t have been easy and I believe that’s where the edginess comes from.

Back
Top Bottom