Roy's View From... View From Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brilliant as ever Roy. Majority of comments are delusional, trying to justify their no show. The more these teams churn out the same old rubbish the more the Blades will march on proving their right to be in the Premier League.

We've found the new Brentford. Self entitled suffern twats. Who do they think they are? We played a good passing game, created chances and deservedly won.

Palace created nothing, looked disinterested and were frankly clueless . Relegation fodder if ever I saw it. A team of overpaid foreigners who looked liked they had never met each other before.

But hey ho we were shit. Love the bitterness. Roygbiv you are a master. Between you and Wilder, the Prem doesn't know what gas hit it!

Their one tactic was to boot it as far as possible and hope for he best.RReminded me of us under cackwell.
Never expected "hoof" in the most competitive league on earth.
They should be worried. I would be.

To be honest, even allowing for the expected fan bitterness (come on, we all do it) I didn't think we played all that great either.

I thought we showed a lot of smarts, determination and some good stuff in patches but it was also important to get a good result and that was what was achieved.

We're not going to get a lot of credit, and to be honest, we're amongst a pile of clubs of moderate ability. But like everyone else I'll get a great deal of satisfaction if/when we ram it back down their throats.

With due derference to Roy I took the quotes below from another PL club's forum this evening - not a club either we or Palace have any rivalry with. I'd be interested to know if anyone can guess whose fans these are:

"I'd heard lots of good things about Sheffield United. That they had changed their style of play and now play good football. Looks like the same type of rough em up and kick him off the park type football to me. Not much finesse to their play."

"Exactly what I was thinking some thuggish tackling going on"

"I’m by no means a football snob, but this is no different to watching a championship game"

"Something quite Warnockesque about both these teams. Everyone putting some kind of shift in. McBurnie £20m? Ok"

"Palace are crap Sheffield United kicked them all over the park but they didn't show any fight at all"

"Villa are the new Fulham, Sheff u the new Cardiff . Will just spend all season kicking people and time wasting with 25 to go"
To be fair, that sounds like me commenting on almost every Premier League game I watched last year. Dull, nothing to play for teams with astronomical wage bills bidding their time until they get tonked by City and Liverpool.

Roy, you’re a gem.

Pre-match: were going to murder them on the counter with their ‘overlapping centre backs’, expect a big win.

Post-match: that’s the worst we’ve played in forever, what a terrible game, they’re nothing special just organised.

This is an ongoing theme I hope will continue throughout the season and beyond.

Can’t wait for the view from Real Madrid in a few years 😁

We will not get any credit from the majority of fans this or any season we are up here..

We are the Dave Bassett / Neil Warnock Blades, another Pulis’ Stoke or Dyches Burnley.

How about selecting a full British and Irish squad? A breath of fresh air ? does that give us credit??.. No... it’s Brexit Blades, it has to be hack and hoof.

Get used to it and fuck em all.

UTB.

So after 2 game in I've worked out Roy from the opposition comments we are shit bang average and cant play football. All that while out playing 2 teams who will be around us. Oh these prem teams are so sour I love it

To be honest, even allowing for the expected fan bitterness (come on, we all do it) I didn't think we played all that great either.

I thought we showed a lot of smarts, determination and some good stuff in patches but it was also important to get a good result and that was what was achieved.

We're not going to get a lot of credit, and to be honest, we're amongst a pile of clubs of moderate ability. But like everyone else I'll get a great deal of satisfaction if/when we ram it back down their throats.

With due derference to Roy I took the quotes below from another PL club's forum this evening - not a club either we or Palace have any rivalry with. I'd be interested to know if anyone can guess whose fans these are:

"I'd heard lots of good things about Sheffield United. That they had changed their style of play and now play good football. Looks like the same type of rough em up and kick him off the park type football to me. Not much finesse to their play."

"I’m by no means a football snob, but this is no different to watching a championship game"

"Something quite Warnockesque about both these teams. Everyone putting some kind of shift in. McBurnie £20m? Ok"

"Palace are crap Sheffield United kicked them all over the park but they didn't show any fight at all"

"Villa are the new Fulham, Sheff u the new Cardiff . Will just spend all season kicking people and time wasting with 25 to go"
I couldnt read after "smarts".
Sorry.

Some set of sanctimonious football purist pricks that support a club at least 200 miles away from where they live. A set of twats that have latched themselves onto one of the richest clubs so that they never have to subject themselves to seeing their home town club have to struggle for a victory.

A poncey set of Nigels that think because they follow a certain club with as much passion as I wash the dinner plates that their opinion is more valid. They were probably watching croquet and equestrian 20 years ago, but now that they can buy Pimms at the football they've suddenly started turning up to it.

Their opinion is less valid than anybody's because they are plastic nobodies who have probably changed allegiance more times than I've had hot dinners

I watched the game in centre parcs longleat with my family, and straight after a palace fan said, well done, you deserved that. I have never seen us play so bad.

Fairplay to him, top bloke.

Roy, you’re a gem.

Pre-match: were going to murder them on the counter with their ‘overlapping centre backs’, expect a big win.

Post-match: that’s the worst we’ve played in forever, what a terrible game, they’re nothing special just organised.

This is an ongoing theme I hope will continue throughout the season and beyond.

Can’t wait for the view from Real Madrid in a few years 😁

“Este fin de semana damos la bienvenida al Sheffield United al Bernabau. Sus jugadores más famosos son Tony Currie, Alan Woodward y Martyn Woolford.”

Norwich

Three seasons of teams not turning up against us, always them being shite and not us just being good. Mad innit, bladesmen? Make mine a double. X

“Arguably our worst performance since promotion and they just managed to win. They are fighting for survival that’s for sure."

Drinking this up. So bitter, so yummy.

So familiar
So if we are fighting for survival - what does that say about them ?

The Village People - Go West

"No points and a long way home
No points, and a long way home
No points, and a long way home
No points, and a long way home" etc

They never laid a glove on us and could've been playing while midnight and not scored.

See you in February for three more easy points you mardy southern twats.

Gonna feast on the tears of deluded prem fans this season. Loving it so far

We were comfortably the better side today. They started in a manner that showed how organised they could be and it felt like they were about to show that they could step it up a gear, and then nothing.

We on the other hand grew into the game, grew with confidence and really showed quality at times. We played our way. A few observations:

I know there's no role for sentiment, but it was strange and sad not seeing Billy lead us out on that occasion.

The standard for free kicks is so incredibly soft. It's ridiculous. One commentator suggested that we could get away with "tackles like that" in League One and maybe the Championship but not the Premier League. Why ever not?! It's the same sodding sport isn't it? It's farcical.

There's no way Lundstram's was a booking.

We well and truly riled them and got under their skin, we were shrewd, Zaha, McArthur or McCarthy...I can't remember which, which one won the X Factor? Either way, they were losing their heads.

Lundstram was fantastic. Vastly improved. He still wouldn't be my preferred starter as I think a three in midfield in that way is too flat, and a fit Norwood and Fleck have to start, but he's put a great claim in for a place.

The key for me, we really missed Duffy initially. As clever as McGoldrick and Robinson are, the opening stages they looked isolated, there was little link up between the midfield and the forwards. We were losing our style of play. Freeman came on and was utterly fantastic and for me has earned a start. We have to stay true to our style.

8 minutes to say, he thought we were average and they needed to play with a better quality & tempo. Honestly some of these Vlogs are absolute garbage.
And he was going to go to the game but left it to late to get a ticket. Mmmm couldn't be arsed more like seeing that it wasn't a sell out

Back
Top Bottom