View From Northampton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cant argue with most of their comments - they certainly sat back in the 2nd half or did we push them back more ?
Happy New Year Roy and many thanks for your "View From" I and loads of others look forward to this every match

I would imagine any NTFC fan who was there thought they defended very well and caused us a few problems first half and our keeper made a fantastic save from a free kick second half.
I thought Page set his team up very well. We had to work hard for the win.

Reading Roys posts it always amuses me 2 people can watch the same game, player and come up with such differing views.

Blades deserved the win in the end but did not look that good, there is certainly not a huge gap between us.”
How good can you look when the opposition squeezes the life out of the game.

Suppose it's very easy to be magnanimous in victory, but reckoned they were one of the best sides we've seen at the Lane this season - more through superb organisation than individual ability. We just forced them deeper & deeper (more so than them choosing to play that way).

Don't know what they expect after losing the likes of Ricky Holmes? They just haven't got the tools to be expansive. Where they have upgraded though (sensibly) is in bringing in better centre-backs than they had - they looked very solid.

I would imagine any NTFC fan who was there thought they defended very well and caused us a few problems first half and our keeper made a fantastic save from a free kick second half.
I thought Page set his team up very well. We had to work hard for the win.

Reading Roys posts it always amuses me 2 people can watch the same game, player and come up with such differing views.
I am honored Roy.......... love the posts pal.

I put these guys down as a 'very knowledgeable' bunch. And as pointed out by one of their own, the dissenters were guys who hadn't attended and thought the Cobblers should have turned up and torn us a knew one :D
Good work Roy.

Cobblers fans seem the most rational level headed bunch of fans (apart from yourselves of course ;) ) i've read so far out of all of Roys after match postings ive seen since joining here.

They will defo be thinking 'look where we might be if Chris Wilder had stayed with us', I know I would be!

I think their fans are a bit harsh on their team they would do well to remember where they were at the start of last season lucky not to be in the Conference or whatever it is called these days or wound up all together. For a club that lost their manager before a ball was kicked in a higher division they are not doing too bad and have had some decent results.

“Blades deserved the win in the end but did not look that good, there is certainly not a huge gap between us.”

Huge gap?......I think 20 points wants a word with you fella :p

(these are my fave threads, thank you for putting them together)

On nice, apart from the mispelling, quote from just before the game "Made it to Bramhall lane...I can only dream of cobblers playing every week in a stadium like this!"

Read every one of your posts Roy from the first ever on Bladesmad. (I'm actually Derfblade in disguise).Oops, given it away! Anyway Happy new year.

“Blades deserved the win in the end but did not look that good, there is certainly not a huge gap between us.”

Sheffield United - League Position: 1st Points: 50
Northampton Town - League Position: 15th Points: 30

I don't know what some class as a big gap, but 15 out of 23 i'd call a big un.

Back
Top Bottom