Roy's View From... View From Brighton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As usual some pretty reasoned comments, think yourselves lucky you didn't have to put up with the bell end on the train back to Lewes, a full 7 mins of United were shit, Albion were tired after Monday night's game with Palace and deserved at least a draw especially after the second half performance.

That would be the performance that yielded one shot on the turn on the edge of the area that I would have touched over. Not sure which game he'd been to.

No bid more pay 0 Ollie the Blade 1

Wilder gets it right again.

Some really good comments in there. But also the cheeky few clueless ones towards the end.

Reading that I’d say they have a lot of fans that really know football.

A lot more than us, then? Not difficult.

Think one or two are realising we are the real deal not a flash in the pan. You don't set a record of 1 away defeat in a year top of the championship then the prem by riding your luck. You have to be a good team. Luckily .....We are

Thanks Mr Biv for making this excellent forum even more entertaining with your wonderful efforts this season, not only in the 'Pre' and 'Post' sections, but also in some of the more unusual sections like' Players On Loan' etc. which help entertain during International Breaks etc.

Quote of the season so far for me was from Mrs Tarks a couple of weeks back. She came down stairs, heard me chuckling at my PC and said ....'IS ROY UP TO HIS TRICKS AGAIN...!'

Happy Yuletide to you Roy and all other Blades lads and lasses on this forum.

Tarks x

Brighton? Fucking Brighton?

One Brighton fan. 99.9% of us are under no illusions that we're anything other than small fish in the Premier League! Although 30k week in week out in the PL and an average of 27k plus since the Amex could hold it in 2012 (including when shit in the Championship) isn't too bad.

I’m digging some of these comments ,definitely some respect the more other fans see us play .

Thanks for all the views from Roy . Brill 👍

Hello Russ! The pubs that were recommended for our visit to your fair city in February are :

The Howard, Ball Inn, the Beer Tap, the Standard, the Red Lion. Don’t know where they are or what they’re like. Could you enlighten me?

By the way, if there’s a pub anything like the one I visited in Plymouth some years ago I’ll be in there smartish, as I recall, a well endowed barmaid welcomed me at the bar leant over exposing her voluptuous bosom and seductively asked - “Hello my lovely! What would you like?” 🥰

Hello Russ! The pubs that were recommended for our visit to your fair city in February are :

The Howard, Ball Inn, the Beer Tap, the Standard, the Red Lion. Don’t know where they are or what they’re like. Could you enlighten me?

By the way, if there’s a pub anything like the one I visited in Plymouth some years ago I’ll be in there smartish, as I recall, a well endowed barmaid welcomed me at the bar leant over exposing her voluptuous bosom and seductively asked - “Hello my lovely! What would you like?” 🥰

The Howard (and Globe) are opposite the station and away fan friendly.
The Sheffield Tap is on the station, but no football colours.
Red Lion tucked away, but left at the Globe and next right, only 200 yds from the station.
The Royal Standard will be packed with Blades so put your sensible heads on, left out of the station and then bear right past the Leadmill and its another 100 yards.

All the above are about 10 mins walk to the Lane but don't walk past the Nelson singing.

The Howard (and Globe) are opposite the station and away fan friendly.
The Sheffield Tap is on the station, but no football colours.
Red Lion tucked away, but left at the Globe and next right, only 200 yds from the station.
The Royal Standard will be packed with Blades so put your sensible heads on, left out of the station and then bear right past the Leadmill and its another 100 yards.

All the above are about 10 mins walk to the Lane but don't walk past the Nelson singing.

Thanks for that. 👍

The Devonshire Cat is a great real ale pub and let’s both sets of fans in with colours.

Sorry for the lateness and shout out to Russ for the song choice

Cheers Panchero!

Red lion near station is also home fans only with doormen to enforce it

Woah! Easy tiger. Reality has been our bitch since the mid-1990s. I can’t be arsed to go into the history of it all, I’ll leave you to look it up - if you can be arsed. It’s a shame you’ve come up with such an ungracious post because the vast majority of Brighton fans have complemented your team after the game, both at the Amex and on the respective fans forums, on their achievements and on yesterday’s result. As with all forums you get your negative knobheads - take the rough with the smooth and all that.

Careful what you wish for, yes, you’re 5th and deservedly so. Just remember, football has a habit of biting you in the bum when you least expect it. A bit modesty in your case wouldn’t go amiss.
Hey, I was ready for relegation, and aslong as we finish in the top 17, I'm a happy bunny!
As for being "ungracious" with my post, I'm sorry, but whether it's only a minority or not, read the posts on Roy's "View from", I believe I have the right to gloat after the comments of some of your supporters, pre and post match!
May I apologise if you were offended by it, but I'm posting my view on a Blades forum, so maybe outside fans might expect a bit of banter and offence, it is a football fans forum afterall.
Oh, and were all wankers at the Lane, not "Knobheads".
Chin up.

One Brighton fan. 99.9% of us are under no illusions that we're anything other than small fish in the Premier League! Although 30k week in week out in the PL and an average of 27k plus since the Amex could hold it in 2012 (including when shit in the Championship) isn't too bad.
I would take no notice of Pinchy if I were you he tends to argue with anyone on this forum, just his way of entertaining himself. When no one bites it has been said he argues with himself, at the moment he is a bit tetchy due to brexit and the election result.

Question for Nobbygull and BHA39 ...

Whenever I see Brighton on the tele I like to think there’s a box at the Amex, probably with tinted windows, within which Des Lynam is lying on chaise longue in his smoking jacket. Most probably warming a fine brandy, served to him by an olive skinned beauty.

Please tell me my hunch is accurate?
He'll be up with the other 1901 Toffs so yes you're hunch is pretty accurate 😁

Congratulations on an excellent win and display. Albion haven't had an opposing side do that to them other than City away although even then there was much to admire from us. We were in trouble from the start and you just felt it wasn't going to get much better. We just couldn't get our passing going as we were closed downo quickly. United play to their strengths and if I were neutral would have enjoyed watching it more. Your place in the table is no fluke and (without trying to put a curse on it) are likely better equipped to get something in your next 2 aways than we were. Good luck for the rest of the season. See you at the Lane in the New Year. By the way, your fans (the ones I met) were top notch

Hey, I was ready for relegation, and aslong as we finish in the top 17, I'm a happy bunny!
As for being "ungracious" with my post, I'm sorry, but whether it's only a minority or not, read the posts on Roy's "View from", I believe I have the right to gloat after the comments of some of your supporters, pre and post match!
May I apologise if you were offended by it, but I'm posting my view on a Blades forum, so maybe outside fans might expect a bit of banter and offence, it is a football fans forum afterall.
Oh, and were all wankers at the Lane, not "Knobheads".
Chin up.

Fair dos! You caught me at the wrong time, and you have every right to gloat about a superb season so far. I realise that it’s a football forum and I was being a bit precious - believe me I’m not normally. Dahn saff we have an extended vocabulary for tw*ts in general - as well as knobheads and wankers add f***wits, bellcheeses, bellends, the list goes on. From your neck of the woods Brighton fans have a certain admiration for the perennial Champions of Europe and also the most MASSIVE club south of the Arctic Circle. Bless ‘em!

By the by my chin is up! Very much looking forward to the return fixture in February and hopefully, by 5.00pm I might have my own little gloat - or not. :cool:

When I do make the trip would you please make sure the weather is is okay and not like the last time I visited Bramall Lane. That was January 1987 for an FA Cup tie and it was f-f-freezing - the coldest I’ve ever been at a match. If memory serves me well by halftime the pitch had frozen and the second half consisted of just passing the ball around the centre circle. It ended 0-0
Chris Wilder's debut

1577130248490.png

Dear Brighton fans, isn't reality a bitch, oh, and for those of you still living in delusionville, we're 5th for a reason, the very same reason your not!
Have a very merry Xmas, us Blades are!!!!

Cheers Roy!

Roygbiv, making opposition fans look stupid since 19--! 🤣
Don't be a twat

Back
Top Bottom