VAR

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
So VAR won't go back and check to see if the free kick should have been given in the first place? Seemed to me like there was a dive as the Brighton players skipped the tackle, resulting free kick is a goal!

Thread police approaching

👮‍♂️ 👮‍♀️

Thought the penalty was going to be re taken for encroachment. McGoldrick looked like he was in there before Norwood struck it ? UTB

Did you notice they kept saying VAR was being used today and not once was any of it shown ? Couple of penalty claims and free kick claims where they said "VAR has looked and decided it wasnt the case" the commentators were saying it but it was almost like it was there but they were playing its use down. It was a bit weird.

I noticed that besic was very luck not to give a penalty

Just read an interview that Klopp gave to the Mail.
He mentions that quite a few European manages are also pissed off with the way the lines for offsides are looked at.
They've come up with an astounding good idea 🤔
Thicker lines. This would maybe work, as it would give a bit more leeway for the attacking side.
Well i think it's a good idea...

Just read an interview that Klopp gave to the Mail.
He mentions that quite a few European manages are also pissed off with the way the lines for offsides are looked at.
They've come up with an astounding good idea 🤔
Thicker lines. This would maybe work, as it would give a bit more leeway for the attacking side.
Well i think it's a good idea...

I said that ages ago. It's just common sense, so obviously Riley and his cronies missed it.

It's a simple fix.

Widen the lines they add to the picture.

If the lines have an accepted "human" margin of error, you could use them for every decision.

Because it is ridiculous were using 50fps or 25fps broadcast cameras to decide if people are offside. The ball is just a smear.

VAR offside lines should be about 4 times thicker until they have a high-speed cameras on tracks at every game that uses it.

Another shitshow for the collection during Chelsea V Spurs.

Lo Celso stamps on Chelsea player, looked a red to me but the ref didn't see it clearly, went to VAR and they said no red.

Half an hour or so later, comes on Comms, Stockley Park say it should have been a red.

So they review their review and they were wrong. Why can't they just send him off now? It's after the fact anyway, and Peter Walton says he probably won't get a retrospective red. So he's just stamped on someone and got away with it.

What a shambles.

BT are applauding VAR for holding their hands up to a mistake, I think they should sack the bastards. Taking the piss.

Imagine the fuss had Spurs got a draw.

Peter Walton says Lo Celso is unlikely to get a retrospective ban. What if Lo Celso scores the winner in the next 3 games? The ones he'd have missed with a straight red.

Lo Celso stamps on Chelsea player, looked a red to me but the ref didn't see it clearly, went to VAR and they said no red.

Half an hour or so later, comes on Comms, Stockley Park say it should have been a red.

So they review their review and they were wrong. Why can't they just send him off now? It's after the fact anyway, and Peter Walton says he probably won't get a retrospective red. So he's just stamped on someone and got away with it.

What a shambles.

BT are applauding VAR for holding their hands up to a mistake, I think they should sack the bastards. Taking the piss.

It’s a fucking farce.

Brother in law is a Chelsea fan and is doing his nut in after Monday as well. I did point out that we would be above them if we didn't have VAR.

What a shambles.

Didn’t think it was a red in my opinion. His leg wasn’t angled, it wasn’t deliberate contact, it wasn’t high impact, the contact itself was barely off the ground. I don’t really know what he was supposed to do as the ball was nicked away from him. It wasn’t reckless in my view. I loathe VAR, but didn’t think that one was a definite red.

I thought it was red. The low down footage shows, him looking down at him on the ground, with the ball 2ft away.

Didn’t think it was a red in my opinion. His leg wasn’t angled, it wasn’t deliberate contact, it wasn’t high impact, the contact itself was barely off the ground. I don’t really know what he was supposed to do as the ball was nicked away from him. It wasn’t reckless in my view. I loathe VAR, but didn’t think that one was a definite red.

At you on drugs... it was a malicious stamp all day long.. straight red no come back...

Back
Top Bottom