Valérien Ismaël.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Save the money and bring in the team who’s identified his players.

Might have a couple of quid on Dike getting sent off in this second half. He looks a bit of a fruitcake.
utb
11/2 for a yellow. 50-1 for a red!

Last edited:
Proper Alehouse, we don’t have the players to utilise that style. Would need a strike force of Gary Madine & James Hanson.

I’ve never seen Barnsley play this season.

However I listen to Steven and a few other Barnsley fans on Radio Sheffield Football Heaven raving about the great Football they play.
He says he likes playing the Brentford’s and Swansea’s because they are open teams and let Barnsley play their Football.
However he said whats great about this Barnsley team is they can mix it up a bit and if a team want a battle then they can play that style too.

Yesterday I listened to the 2nd half of the play-offs on BBC 5 live.
The co commentator was Connolly (I think) and he repeating made Barnsley out to be another Wimbledon.
He was really disparaging coming out with the cliches “Barnsley will play to their strengths“...I thought Why is he not saying Swansea will play to their strengths?
”Barnsley work so hard...they have to because the players are of a lower quality...so Swansea need to match them”
”Barnsley always make it tough for the opposition but Swansea’s quality should come through in the end”

At half time he said he was dissapointed in Barnsley because “we all know they are dangerous from set pieces“
He said set pieces is their best chance of scoring but they’ve not made enough of the corners or throw-ins.

There was a bit where Barnsley must have played some Footbsll and Connolly replied
”Why are the Barnsley defenders passing it around in their own box, they need to stick to their strengths and lump it clear”. He also actually said
”There was no need for the Barnsley player to do the “Cruyff turn”....I’m sure their manager will have coached them to keep it simple“.

It made me laugh...the commentators were trying their best to make out that Swansea were the new Barcelona and Barnsley were kick and rush fodder.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen Barnsley play this season.

However I listen to Steven and a few other Barnsley fans on Radio Sheffield Football Heaven raving about the great Football they play.
He says he likes playing the Brentford’s and Swansea’s because they are open teams and let Barnsley play their Football.
However he said whats great about this Barnsley team is they can mix it up a bit and if a team want a battle then they can play that style too.

Yesterday I listened to the 2nd half of the play-offs on BBC 5 live.
The co commentator was Connolly (I think) and he repeating made Barnsley out to be another Wimbledon.
He was really disparaging coming out with the cliches “Barnsley will play to their strengths“...I thought Why is he not saying Swansea will play to their strengths?
”Barnsley work so hard...they have to because the players are of a lower quality...so Swansea need to match them”
”Barnsley always make it tough for the opposition but Swansea’s quality should come through in the end”

At half time he said he was dissapointed in Barnsley because “we all know they are dangerous from set pieces“
He said set pieces is their best chance of scoring but they’ve not made enough of the corners or throw-ins.

There was a bit where Barnsley must have played some Footbsll and Connolly replied
”Why are the Barnsley defenders passing it around in their own box, they need to stick to their strengths and lump it clear”. He also actually said
”There was no need for the Barnsley player to do the “Cruyff turn”....I’m sure their manager will have coached them to keep it simple“.

It made me laugh...the commentators were trying their best to make out that Swansea were the new Barcelona and Barnsley were kick and rush fodder.
Barnsley were rubbish in both legs to say what was at stake,and they have been rubbish in all the other half a dozen or so league games I saw this season,Swansea have been marginally better than rubbish whenever I saw them.

Ismael may play long ball football, I'll be honest I haven't seen them play. But anyone who can get a Barnsley team that was around the bottom three into the top six on a shoestring budget above teams like Blackburn with Adam Armstrong, Warnock's Middlesborough, Cardiff and Reading with the players they have, that commands respect in my view and I think he could do wonders with our squad. It's possible that he's played direct with Barnsley because that's what he feels is best suited to the players at his disposal. There's plenty of football sides that haven't made the play offs this season. I wonder if the reason for this delay is that we're waiting on either Steve Cooper or Michael Appleton, neither of which convince me, but they've both been mentioned.

Ismael may play long ball football, I'll be honest I haven't seen them play. But anyone who can get a Barnsley team that was around the bottom three into the top six on a shoestring budget above teams like Blackburn with Adam Armstrong, Warnock's Middlesborough, Cardiff and Reading with the players they have, that commands respect in my view and I think he could do wonders with our squad. It's possible that he's played direct with Barnsley because that's what he feels is best suited to the players at his disposal. There's plenty of football sides that haven't made the play offs this season. I wonder if the reason for this delay is that we're waiting on either Steve Cooper or Michael Appleton, neither of which convince me, but they've both been mentioned.
It's looking more & more like we are waiting for a manager who's in post .
We certainly must have some conclusions after all this time .
Less likely to be a foreigner apart from possibly Blessin or Clement!

He could also do wonders with attendances as well! Barnsley make Wimbledon's style of football look like Barcelona.

He could also do wonders with attendances as well! Barnsley make Wimbledon's style of football look like Barcelona.
I'm all for the beautiful game, but ultmiately give me winnng football every week, and as I said in my original post it's possible he looked at Barnsley 's squad and thought long ball was the best way forward. Let's be straight about it, there's about 12 or so teams wth better squads than Barnsley, I think what he's done for Barnsley is superb and I'd much rather him than someone like Steve Cooper who has inherited a very good Swansea team, in particular Ayew up top - I'd have loved him for United, let alone Swansea.

Back
Top Bottom