Updates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If true then definitely an interesting choice, rather than the usual names like, Pulis, Hughes, Etc.

The 2 main candidates will surely have different approaches to a promotion bid.
Jokanovic, would probably demand a higher salary, would need more funds for players. But has the better CV.
Blessin, lacks English league experience, less likely to need complete squad overhaul, may be more open to using youth players. May be a 2 or 3 year project rather than an instant promotion bid.

If true then definitely an interesting choice, rather than the usual names like, Pulis, Hughes, Etc.

Jokanovic, would probably demand a higher salary, would need more funds for players. But has the better CV.
Blessin, lacks English league experience, less likely to need complete squad overhaul, may be more open to using youth players. May be a 2 or 3 year project rather than an instant promotion bid.
I’d imagine his background in youth football appeals but the recruitment staff are still in place I think so he’ll have plenty of domestic players recommend to him to look at maybe with some more players being picked up out of Norway and Belgium given his experience it could be an interesting mix like you say.

That midfield still lacks flair even when you add brunt to it as Coulibaly and slater are more high energy box to box players as opposed to great dribblers or passers of the ball it would still be missing a true X factor player imo I hope we get one.
I keep saying it. 5 Premier league loans with view to buy if we get promoted.
Leave Slater at Hull if he’s enjoying himself there so he can actually nail down a first team position. He’ll be getting vital Championship experience if they’re promoted anyway.
Bring in quality midfielders to push Coulibaly and allow us to take him out of the side when his form drops, which it will. We can then make a decision in the summer as to who is ready, who has stepped up and who is needed.
It’s a pathway we’re building, not a bypass.

I keep saying it. 5 Premier league loans with view to buy if we get promoted.
Leave Slater at Hull if he’s enjoying himself there so he can actually nail down a first team position. He’ll be getting vital Championship experience if they’re promoted anyway.
Bring in quality midfielders to push Coulibaly and allow us to take him out of the side when his form drops, which it will. We can then make a decision in the summer as to who is ready, who has stepped up and who is needed.
It’s a pathway we’re building, not a bypass.
I agree some loan to buys would be nice and if the budget is there for it one of the top up and coming midfielders from the champ mixed with a few more low cost gambles from the continent Norway seems to be a market we’ve identified as having value for money and maybe Belgium too given the increasingly strong connections this management team would have.

A lot of player's names being mentioned on here. No mention of RND?
I think that’s because it’s just assumed it’s a done deal to bring him back. He’s proven himself at Championship level at two separate clubs so as we’re going to be in that league and need to freshen up the left side it’s a no brainer. He’s stepped up with each club and level he’s been thrown in on, Barrow (NL), Rochdale (L1) Luton now Stoke. Slater is a season further back on that plan and the other lads still need to go on that journey through the levels but that shows an almost perfect development path.
It would be nice though if he could get at least a season next to Jack to be eased in and learn the ropes.

Last edited:

Why would he need more funds for players? I thought we were moving towards taking the recruitment out of the sole hands of the manager so that we can try to find better value for money.

Blessin screams Lukahay to me 😬
Lukahay had something like 10 clubs before the pigs and I don’t think he was ever regarded as a good manager at any of them. It’s a gamble with Blessin but it has a lot more positives to it than when they appointed Jos.

The Prince has interviewed 3 managers for the job Jokanovic included but it would seem Blessin is the favourite and is very likely to be confirmed if terms are agreed with Oostende. He will likely be announced after the end of the Belgian season on the 18th April and there is a slim chance he could take the last chunk of matches

Extremely highly regarded within the Red Bull set up and RB Salzburg are also interested if Jesse Marsch takes the Leipzig Job (unlikely)

It would seem lots of movement on the player front also Berge will be leaving to the highest bidder and Coulibally will be coming with Blessin for the new season

I can't possibly comment but this all sounds believable. Maybe Bilic was the other manager interviewed? Who knows.

Blessin screams Lukahay to me 😬

Lukahay came out of semi retirement to take the pigs job so the comparison doesn’t stand up.

Christian Gross may have been a better comparison of what can go wrong... But Daniel Farke is a comparison of what can go right.

Sounds more like a project and someone who the Prince wants & expects to be here for a long time. I'm happy with that, it's a far cry from the short term, quick fixes we're so used to.

Id much rather have a manger for 4/5 years then shit or bust

But any new manger is shit or bust considering most of any relegated squad would be sold if they don’t get promotion 1 maybe 2 seasons

Why would he need more funds for players? I thought we were moving towards taking the recruitment out of the sole hands of the manager so that we can try to find better value for money.

He would probably want players in the Mitrovic mould and a bigger squad over haul for an immediate promotion return bid.

Bessin seems to me to be a longer term project with maybe an eye on bringing through some of our Youth prospects, no matter what league (Champ or Prem) we will be in.

Just my opinion like and I could be completely wrong!

I think that’s because it’s just assumed it’s a done deal to bring him back. He’s proven himself at Championship level at two separate clubs so as we’re going to be in that league and need to freshen up the left side it’s a no brainer. He’s stepped up with each club and level he’s been thrown in on, Barrow (NL), Rochdale (L1) Luton now Stoke. Slater is a season further back on that plan and the other lads still need to go on that journey through the levels but that shows an almost perfect development path.
It would be nice though if he could get at least a season next to Jack to be eased in and learn the ropes.

I would love to see RND playing alongside an injury-free JOC and linking up with an newly invigorated John Fleck (not Jimmy).

I hope the new coach / manager gives the players the opportunity of playing the overloads down the sides and not dismiss it as 'the old manager's ways'.

Carlos Carvahal doing great things in Portugal, highly regarded & lauded for the different style of football Braga are playing! 4th in Portuguese league.

Not that I am proposing we consider him.

Back
Top Bottom