United - Party Of Five.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely. Would you be willing to believe me?
I would. I assume given your invite to my highly exclusive dinner party that you would not even think of "toeing the party line" ahead of telling your fellow Blades the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

(Sorry Danny, I'm on the windup here. Thanks for playing along :) )

I would. I assume given your invite to my highly exclusive dinner party that you would not even think of "toeing the party line" ahead of telling your fellow Blades the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

(Sorry Danny, I'm on the windup here. Thanks for playing along :) )

Then let’s get it on! Pinchy?

Then let’s get it on! Pinchy?

Absolutely.

The forum members are the difficult choices. I would happily have any two of about twenty. The ones who haven’t blocked me of course...

I’ll have

Everton Player - Penalty
Roller - ❤️
Diplodocus - Hoof
alcoblade (town hall steps site visit).
itsinyerblood - cultural chat.

Not sure I’d get round to the S2 lads or Couttsy though...

Current player - Ched (there's a guy who knows how to party)
Former Player - Jan Åge Fjørtoft (I always imagined he talked like the Swedish chef, I would not stop laughing if he did)
Manager - Adkin's. We could have cooked goose as a main course
S24 SU posters - SwissBlade (on the condition he brings his 50/50 collection, we need an interesting talking point)
Isaw Joeshaw on the condition he did a round robin of the butchers and brought the pork pies.
Nominated reserve 1 The Crab anyone so singularly obsessed with a fantasy corporation can do (imagine) the catering, transport and security.
Nominated reserve 2 Fanny magnet to see if he looks like his Avatar

Current player - Ched (there's a guy who knows how to party)
Former Player - Jan Åge Fjørtoft (I always imagined he talked like the Swedish chef, I would not stop laughing if he did)
Manager - Adkin's. We could have cooked goose as a main course
S24 SU posters - SwissBlade (on the condition he brings his 50/50 collection, we need an interesting talking point)
Isaw Joeshaw on the condition he did a round robin of the butchers and brought the pork pies.
Nominated reserve 1 The Crab anyone so singularly obsessed with a fantasy corporation can do (imagine) the catering, transport and security.
Nominated reserve 2 Fanny magnet to see if he looks like his Avatar
I'll bring a pork pie from Bakewell

Former player
Brian Deane "What was it Like nutmegging Woods to put tow'd ball in net?"
Gonna be Greedy here Bob Booker as well.
Current Player the Duffmeister
"Why don't you like Bouncing?"
Manager Dave Bassett
"When that lass ran down the pitch with her top off and jumped into your lap and you saw Deano running down the wing oggling her bouncers what did you say to him?"
24SU posters
Knowsnowt..
and the Crab for world domination.

Two players: Leon Clarke (current) "How much better is it playing for us than the pigs?"
David Unsworth (former) "Given they released you shortly afterwards, why didn't you put that bastard penalty into Row ZZ?"

One Manager: Neil Warnock. "Why the fuck did you fuck about with Portsmouth, given that you set yourself up as such a big blade?"

Two S24SU Contributors: Danny04 "Is the Star really biased towards the pigs?" ( ;) ) (in case that emote doesn't work in brackets, this is tongue-in-cheek)
Pinchy "What would you say if Nick Montgomery described you as the greatest poster in S24SU history?" (this is also meant in jest)

Surely the question to Danny04 is "WHY is The Star biased towards the pigs?", FB:rolleyes:

Surely the question to Danny04 is "WHY is The Star biased towards the pigs?", FB:rolleyes:

My question to you, would be; Why do SWFC fans say exactly the same thing, but insisting bias towards SUFC? Can’t be both, surely?

My question to you, would be; Why do SWFC fans say exactly the same thing, but insisting bias towards SUFC? Can’t be both, surely?

Answer to first question is multi-faceted:

1. Because Sheffield Wednesday fans are the most deluded football fans on the planet. There are countless examples to prove this point. Lee Strafford, erstwhile Chairman of SWFC claiming potential for up to 4 or 5 million fans across the world for one.:rolleyes:

2. Sheffield Wednesday fans always respond to what SUFC do. Again, countless examples. The band, Balloons at Wembley, adoption of SUFC songs etc etc. It follows that they counter Blades claims of The Star being biased with their own.

Their are also numerous examples of The Star showing blatant and more subtle bias, the most notable being the "Save Our Owls" campaign.

So yes, you are right Danny, it can't be both. It's one way, and that way follows the A61 towards Barnsley.

I read The Star for years, every day. There are a number of reasons I no longer purchase it. The general quality (IMHO) is the main reason but over time, I concluded that 1. it was no longer worth the money, 2. it no longer had a relevance and 3, the aforementioned bias towards SWFC.

Hope that helps:)

Answer to first question is multi-faceted:

1. Because Sheffield Wednesday fans are the most deluded football fans on the planet. There are countless examples to prove this point. Lee Strafford, erstwhile Chairman of SWFC claiming potential for up to 4 or 5 million fans across the world for one.:rolleyes:

2. Sheffield Wednesday fans always respond to what SUFC do. Again, countless examples. The band, Balloons at Wembley, adoption of SUFC songs etc etc. It follows that they counter Blades claims of The Star being biased with their own.

Their are also numerous examples of The Star showing blatant and more subtle bias, the most notable being the "Save Our Owls" campaign.

So yes, you are right Danny, it can't be both. It's one way, and that way follows the A61 towards Barnsley.

I read The Star for years, every day. There are a number of reasons I no longer purchase it. The general quality (IMHO) is the main reason but over time, I concluded that 1. it was no longer worth the money, 2. it no longer had a relevance and 3, the aforementioned bias towards SWFC.

Hope that helps:)

Or maybe because the notion is utter bollocks, but each to their own :)

Or maybe because the notion is utter bollocks, but each to their own :)

With such in-depth and investigative analysis behind that argument Dan, you should apply to The Star for a journalists position..................

You'd do well, mate;)

Question to Neil W - what really did happen vs Wigan on 13/05/2007?

Phil Jagielka, mentally shaken from that nasty Warnock contract article the day of the game, deliberately punched the ball to deny Warnock a new deal, secure his dream move to Everton, and punish the United fans for mispronouncing his name for the previous 8 years. Allegedly.

Phil Jagielka, mentally shaken from that nasty Warnock contract article the day of the game, deliberately punched the ball to deny Warnock a new deal, secure his dream move to Everton, and punish the United fans for mispronouncing his name for the previous 8 years. Allegedly.
Thanks to t'internet we don't mispronounce names any more :)
We just mis-spell 'em :(.

I can't think of 5 people because I like you all.

So on that note, you're all invited down to The Happy Crab for Mystery Meat Night. Whoever indentifies the meat wins a free box of Immodium.

Back
Top Bottom