U23s v Charlton U23s today at 7pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With the U23s well placed in their league to qualify for the National Play Offs, I thought I'd look in the archives as to who played in the National Final the last time we got to one (we lost of course & finished runners up to Huddersfield Town)

View attachment 111249
Time for a fabled (to me, anyway...) Balham Blade Where Are They Now

1 Aaron Ramsdale - back at United having spent 4 years at Bournemouth (1 at Chesterfield, 1 at Wimbledon and one picking the ball out of Bournemouth's net). We spent £13.5m or thereabouts buying him back last summer

2 Jo Cummings - left United to join Charlton. Made one League Cup and one Paint Pot appearance for them and is now at Radcliffe Borough in the NPL Premier (tier 7).
3 Graham Kelly - joined Port Vale after being released by United, now at Larne in the Northern Irish Premier League
4 Ben Whiteman - at Preston now. Didn't make it at United, we sold him to Doncaster where he made 108 appearances before joining the Lilywhites for £1.6m
5 Terry Kennedy - knees gave out before their time. Last played for Guiseley in October 2018
6 Callum Semple - highly rated centre half who wasn't the same after a knee injury suffered after a horror tackle in an U23s game at Leeds. Left United for Ross County, got involved in a betting scandal and, as far as I can tell, has now stopped playing.
7 Harvey Gilmour - left United for Tranmere after impressing there on loan but it didn't work out for him. Now at Stockport in the National League
8 Louis Reed - squad player for Peterborough in League One
9 Che Adams - scoring goals for Southampton whenever they play against United. He forced through a move from United to Birmingham then moved from there to the south coast
10 Diego Di Girolamo - knee knack #3 in this WATN. Highly rated, knee injury, progress stalled, now at Buxton
11 David Brooks - broke into United's first team in 2017, destroyed Jack Hunt's career in a single move, left United for Bournemouth in a move which bankrolled the promotion season. Back in the Championship after the Cherries' relegation despite reported interest from Man U and Spurs

12 CJ Hamilton - at Blackpool in League One after four years with Mansfield. Scored a respectable 5 goals in his 22 league appearances this season.
13 Jake Eastwood - still officially at United although he's probably 5th choice goalkeeper having made a single substitute appearance for us. On loan at Grimsby.
14 Jordan Hallam - at Scunthorpe in League 2 where he's mainly a sub
15 Kimarni Smith - stateside now: played for Clemson Uni and was then selected by DC United as the 4th overall pick in the 2021 MLS draft. GLTTL.
16 Connor Hall - now at Chorley in the National League North

What would be interesting is a where are they now, 👍 .......please ....

A little Friday afternoon project for me, apologies if they aren't 100% accurate as some info is a little sparse.

Aaron Ramsdale - Blades
Jo Cummings - Radcliffe Borough
Graham Kelly - Larne (thanks Ball_Sup (Phil) )
Ben Whiteman - Preston
Terry Kennedy - Last record I can find was a Guiseley, may not be up to date
Callum Semple - Last at Queen of the South - Left 2020
Harvey Gilmour - Stockport County
Louis Reed - Peterborough United
Che Adams - Southampton
Diego De Girolamo - Buxton
David Brooks - Bournemouth

CJ Hamilton - Blackpool
Jake Eastwood - Blades, currently on loan at Grimsby
Jordan Hallam - Scunthorpe United
Kirmarni Smith - DC United (thanks again Ball_Sup (Phil) )
Connor Hall - Chorley

Edit - Far too slow...

He doesn’t seem to have much faith in them if he is responsible. It beggars belief that none of these players has been given a chance in our first team. First Wilder, now Hecky. It’s not as if the senior players have been doing especially well is it.
Playing as bad as Adkins team on a bad day and they all get chance after chance while lads who want to work get ignored. Fucking stinks.

Forest U23 lost tonight which I think means the young Blades have won their League with 3 games to play. I know it's playoffs next and good luck for that but thought it was worth a congratulations especially in the background of the disastrous first team season. Bonus at the bottom of the league too 😉

Screenshot_20210423_223744.jpg

Forest U23 lost tonight which I think means the young Blades have won their League with 3 games to play. I know it's playoffs next and good luck for that but thought it was worth a congratulations especially in the background of the disastrous first team season. Bonus at the bottom of the league too 😉

View attachment 111279
Birmingham and Wigan can still both win it if they win all their games and we lose all ours i think

Back
Top Bottom