U23s v Birmingham City today 1pm live stream

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If true then see ya N'Diaye 👋👋👋
He contracted until 2022. So I hope it is an injury rather than his contract. He's 21 already. If he is at loggerheads for the next 12 months it could really set him back. Rather than emerging at a recently relegated PL club, he'll be 22 with not a single league start to his name. Bad advice if this is what he's been asked to do.

United plucked him from total obscurity.

Nothing concrete (only been shown messages from a group chat) but it seems there have been enquiries, his head has been turned and he wants more than we want to give him 🤷‍♂️

Again, nowt concrete. Just the talk between the lads.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in France next season
Not a lot you can do if that's the case. Can't be throwing money at an untried young lad that's never really played above reserve level.

I only watched the first half but Birmingham looked a class above us, with some really impressive players.
A bit of a reality check for those armchair pundits who think we should have been playing more of the Under 23s in the first team in recent weeks – and maybe some of the players who think they've made it after the recent good reviews.

I only watched the first half but Birmingham looked a class above us, with some really impressive players.
A bit of a reality check for those armchair pundits who think we should have been playing more of the Under 23s in the first team in recent weeks – and maybe some of the players who think they've made it after the recent good reviews.
Yet we finished above them in the league and beat them 5-0. Did we have players missing other than Jebbo?

Kept my eye on the first half hour or so while working, and it was like the first team’s season summed up in a few minutes.

They’d seemingly sussed our tactics, dominated play and pressed us high up. Our left side in particular seemed a bit panicked. And with the tactics not working and seemingly no plan B, we kept launching it when under pressure… only for it to come straight back.

Shame, but hopefully a good season followed by a disappointment at the end will see them coming back with something to prove next year.

Conversely, did Birmingham play this line-up when we beat them 5-0?
But the 5-0 wasn’t a one off. We finished above them in the league and so were better than them over the season. Disappointing today but winning the league is the main thing.

Extra gauling when we beat them 5-0 and 1-0 in the prior meetings!
Yeah they were much better prepared than us today imo they had our number from the kick off and just nullified us. We didn’t adapt or change shape not going to put this one on the players but on uninspired management today.

Would be interesting knowing the actual age of the teams ! Blades have a lot of players who can play for the 23s for a number of years.
Does make a big difference when you consider players aged 22 are far more mature and savvy than the younger ones.
To lose 5 nil and then put in a performance like that tells me they had a more experienced team out today.

But the 5-0 wasn’t a one off. We finished above them in the league and so were better than them over the season. Disappointing today but winning the league is the main thing.
Except the league season is unbalanced. You play some teams home & away, some just at home & some just away. With that, and a regional structure, I think it's a good idea to try to produce an overall national winner via a play off & final

Would be interesting knowing the actual age of the teams ! Blades have a lot of players who can play for the 23s for a number of years.
Does make a big difference when you consider players aged 22 are far more mature and savvy than the younger ones.
To lose 5 nil and then put in a performance like that tells me they had a more experienced team out today.
Average age of United's squad today was about 18.75, notwithstanding the fact someone 19 and 364 days is 19, so didn't drill beyond absolute figures.

20 - Dewhurst, Graham, Neal, Hall
19 - Amissah, Sekiri, Gomis, Gordon, Boyes, Ayari, Brunt, Capello
17 - Osula, Brooks, Hackford, Maguire

Not sure about theirs.

He contracted until 2022. So I hope it is an injury rather than his contract. He's 21 already. If he is at loggerheads for the next 12 months it could really set him back. Rather than emerging at a recently relegated PL club, he'll be 22 with not a single league start to his name. Bad advice if this is what he's been asked to do.

United plucked him from total obscurity.
Wasn't aware of that! Could be that it's at the point that the club have to decide...tie him down for a longer term deal, sell him on or risk losing him for nowt when his deal expires next year?

He was fairly well regarded at Rising Ballers when we picked him up, but it would be a shame to see him go before he's had a proper chance to impress next season, think he could do well in the championship.

Look at players like Chair, Olise etc...

Wasn't aware of that! Could be that it's at the point that the club have to decide...tie him down for a longer term deal, sell him on or risk losing him for nowt when his deal expires next year?

He was fairly well regarded at Rising Ballers when we picked him up, but it would be a shame to see him go before he's had a proper chance to impress next season, think he could do well in the championship.

Look at players like Chair, Olise etc...
It’d be odd for him to have a fall out with the club when there isn’t much leadership for him to fall out with currently and he’s had first team exposure. Not saying it’s wrong just that the timing would be weird for a whole host of reasons.

Glorious defeat as usual no matter what level

Apparently ndiaye has the same agent as Mousset. I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs have been in touch with him letting him know how much he could earn with them. Shame if true.

Apparently ndiaye has the same agent as Mousset. I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs have been in touch with him letting him know how much he could earn with them. Shame if true.
Yeah they're both signed up to Classico, they represent quite a few French/African players

It’s a one-off game, I wouldn’t read too much into it. As Deano points out, we’ve battered them already this season and finished above them in the league.

The same is true of not judging the players on one game that come into the first team too.

I've been doing some sleuthing on the Birmingham City website and here are the line-ups for the 5 - 0 thrashing, compared to yesterday. If I've read it right, there were only four players in yesterday's starting line-up who started in the earlier game. (Bajrami, Burke, Redmond and George)

12th March 0-5
Brooks, Gordon, Redmond, Bajrami, Burke, Stirk, Campbell (Concannon 70) Thompson Sommers (Dos Reis), Soldevila (Hurst 45), George, Andrews.

24th May 2-0
Oliver Basey, Geraldo Bajrami, Joe Redmond (captain), Ryan Burke, Josh Williams, Remi Walker, Caolan Boyd-Munce, Jayden Reid (Josh Andrews 76), Keyendrah Simmonds (Mitch Roberts 90+4), Adan George.

It’d be odd for him to have a fall out with the club when there isn’t much leadership for him to fall out with currently and he’s had first team exposure. Not saying it’s wrong just that the timing would be weird for a whole host of reasons.
Cant see another club coming in and taking him at this stage of his development.
He has fa n tastic skillsbut translating that into a professional footballer is a slow progress .He is showing signs of doing that,still along way short as yet ! 1 twenty minute cameo appearance where he did nothing of note wont really alert clubs to
His true potential which hopefully he attains with us.

I've been doing some sleuthing on the Birmingham City website and here are the line-ups for the 5 - 0 thrashing, compared to yesterday. If I've read it right, there were only four players in yesterday's starting line-up who started in the earlier game. (Bajrami, Burke, Redmond and George)

12th March 0-5
Brooks, Gordon, Redmond, Bajrami, Burke, Stirk, Campbell (Concannon 70) Thompson Sommers (Dos Reis), Soldevila (Hurst 45), George, Andrews.

24th May 2-0
Oliver Basey, Geraldo Bajrami, Joe Redmond (captain), Ryan Burke, Josh Williams, Remi Walker, Caolan Boyd-Munce, Jayden Reid (Josh Andrews 76), Keyendrah Simmonds (Mitch Roberts 90+4), Adan George.
Think there's no doubt that was a stronger team they put out yesterday.
A number of players who had been out on loan coming back to the parent club maybe was the reason.
Brum certainly have a good academy

Cant see another club coming in and taking him at this stage of his development.
He has fa n tastic skillsbut translating that into a professional footballer is a slow progress .He is showing signs of doing that,still along way short as yet ! 1 twenty minute cameo appearance where he did nothing of note wont really alert clubs to
His true potential which hopefully he attains with us.
I don’t think he gets a top move but he’d be worth a contract to a top league one lower champ side.

It's worth remembering the amount of churn in Academy football. Birmingham used 48 players in their winning U23 PDL campaign. We used 30.

I watched the second half only and got the distinct impression blades thought they only had to turn up, from what I saw they got a footballing lesson.
Question is, what was the training staff's mindset?

Back
Top Bottom