U23s at Millwall at 2pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes. Of course. My mistake.
Phil, what ever happend to midfielder Reece York? Not saying he's any good because I'd never seen him play but he always seemed to score like some of the current crop now. Just seems a worry they never get a chance even if they're assisting and scoring, but I don't have a clue..

Phil, what ever happend to midfielder Reece York? Not saying he's any good because I'd never seen him play but he always seemed to score like some of the current crop now. Just seems a worry they never get a chance even if they're assisting and scoring, but I don't have a clue..
The simple story was Utd released him. I'm no expert. But I don't think he's at any club now.

The simple story was Utd released him. I'm no expert. But I don't think he's at any club now.
The almighty Google has him at Grimsby Borough as of September 2020, though with their season being curtailed I'm not sure if he'll have played many/any games for them.

He was at Grimsby Borough for a while but their season was curtailed. He's not on their squad list but it's a Pichero site so that doesn't necessarily mean anything :)

Also scoring goals in what looks like a Sunday league side

Not a good day/thread to mention it. But, Reece is a good example of an Academy player with a strong work ethic, covering every blade of grass as captain, with all the assists & goals numbers, who just couldn't get anywhere in his professional football career. Not unusual. But a stark reminder. His Mum used to help the Carrier Bag Firm out with teamsheets from games we couldn't make as well.

A shame some promising players don't make a career in the game. Cheers Phil.
Not a good day/thread to mention it. But, Reece is a good example of an Academy player with a strong work ethic, covering every blade of grass as captain, with all the assists & goals numbers, who just couldn't get anywhere in his professional football career. Not unusual. But a stark reminder. His Mum used to help the Carrier Bag Firm out with teamsheets from games we couldn't make as well.

I wouldn't bank on it 😉
More tongue in cheek than anything hopefully given the reported importance then prince is placing on the academy sides this group will be kept together for a few years yet.

Where would we say U23s level is at if we put them in the footballing pyramid. I know we play friendlies mainly with them and trialists against teams like Hallam and easily beat them usually due to fitness and that NCEL so would it be the level above sort of Level 7 (Northern Premier) as not consistent enough for National North? But saying that we do loan players out to that division. It would be interesting to see the U23s in National North playing decent local sides.

Where would we say U23s level is at if we put them in the footballing pyramid. I know we play friendlies mainly with them and trialists against teams like Hallam and easily beat them usually due to fitness and that NCEL so would it be the level above sort of Level 7 (Northern Premier) as not consistent enough for National North? But saying that we do loan players out to that division. It would be interesting to see the U23s in National North playing decent local sides.
Think that’s a hard assessment to make really. Most are technically good players who need to demonstrate they can handle the physicality of the senior game and the adjustments that come with it. Others like graham are big units but have struggled when exposed to non-league football and then some like blues have done well.

If you were to throw them in to non-league conference or national level as a complete side I suspect they’d play some lovely football but get beaten most weeks due to being outmuscled in both boxes.

Damn missed this, brilliant result and once again put the 1st team to shame.

Back
Top Bottom