Tyler Smith

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's an exciting prospect, the next Billy Sharp?
I’m not sure about that. He’s nearly 22. By the time Billy was that age he’d played about 100 games and scored 60 odd goals.

Scored a decent goal tonight, thought he'd been sidelined?

He wasn't getting a game when Sheridan was manager. Sheridan has left the club and Tyler has started and scored in each of the last two games.

If he's not good considered good enough to be around the first team next season, then the club should really let him go somewhere where he'll get a game.

9 goals in 21 appearances (started 15) is a promising return. Strange that Sheridan completely snubbed him.
Sheridan's not exactly had a good record of late, surprised he still gets managers jobs. Problem for Tyler Smith is that we have 6 other strikers in front of him, but maybe another loan to a League One club and see how he does, assuming he's still under contract?

He's got 9 goals in 23 games (15 starts). 7 of the goals have come in games he's started which is ~1 in 2.

Sheridan's not exactly had a good record of late, surprised he still gets managers jobs. Problem for Tyler Smith is that we have 6 other strikers in front of him, but maybe another loan to a League One club and see how he does, assuming he's still under contract?

He's 22 now so, its time he was either a regular squad member or look elsewhere. I'd like to think a new manager will move on at least 3 maybe even 4 of the current strikers. Regan Slater is getting a regular game at Hull now, so he hopefully he'll pushing for a place next season as well.

He's 22 now so, its time he was either a regular squad member or look elsewhere. I'd like to think a new manager will move on at least 3 maybe even 4 of the current strikers. Regan Slater is getting a regular game at Hull now, so he hopefully he'll pushing for a place next season as well.
Would happily see Smith take Moose or McBurnie's place and would be equally happy to see Regan take Lunny's spot.

FWIW, Hull fans have really taken to Regan and some fancy keeping him, these are from their forum...

Screenshot_20210421-125412_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210421-125424_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210421-125433_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210421-125445_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210421-125458_Chrome.jpg

Would happily see Smith take Moose or McBurnie's place and would be equally happy to see Regan take Lunny's spot.

FWIW, Hull fans have really taken to Regan and some fancy keeping him, these are from their forum...

View attachment 111110
View attachment 111111
View attachment 111112
View attachment 111113
View attachment 111114
Think slater will have a role to play for us next year if we accept the Lunny and Berge are gone as a minimum then there will be a lot of slots available in the squad for midfielders even if we do bring in 2-3 starters.

Think slater will have a role to play for us next year if we accept the Lunny and Berge are gone as a minimum then there will be a lot of slots available in the squad for midfielders even if we do bring in 2-3 starters.
Would absolutely love to see Slater and Brunt given a go, Slater obviously a lot closer to the prepared article than Brunt at the moment but would rather that than buying another Rodwell-type figure

Would absolutely love to see Slater and Brunt given a go, Slater obviously a lot closer to the prepared article than Brunt at the moment but would rather that than buying another Rodwell-type figure
I actually think I'd rather see thee and me in the middle of the park Yogi, rather than buying another Rodwell-type figure! 😅

I actually think I'd rather see thee and me in the middle of the park Yogi, rather than buying another Rodwell-type figure! 😅
I think if slater comes into the squad next year then brunt should be sent out on loan I don’t want any of the youngsters to stagnate as 5th or 6th choice. I think for a lot of them the time is right next year for senior football.

I can’t promise I’m even fit to lace Rodwell’s boots but I’d at least be available for selection and to use a horrible Americanism “availability is the best ability” 😂😂

I think if slater comes into the squad next year then brunt should be sent out on loan I don’t want any of the youngsters to stagnate as 5th or 6th choice. I think for a lot of them the time is right next year for senior football.

I can’t promise I’m even fit to lace Rodwell’s boots but I’d at least be available for selection and to use a horrible Americanism “availability is the best ability” 😂😂
Rodwell owns boots?!

I never want us to return to bringing in the Rodwell type squad fillers, who are happy to take a wage and just be back up. Push younger players up the pecking order who will have the hunger to make an impression and keep the first team on their toes.

I never want us to return to bringing in the Rodwell type squad fillers, who are happy to take a wage and just be back up. Push younger players up the pecking order who will have the hunger to make an impression and keep the first team on their toes.
Just fed up of seeing us sign players for already overstocked positions, or for positions we don't play

Can Rodwell lace his own boots?

I said on another thread, with Billy and Didsy likely to pick up a few knocks and strains, Mousse as reliable as the circular bus that ran between Crookesmoor and Nether Edge, there’s probably room in the squad for Smith.
An option is to loan out the younger lads, with recall clauses for the JTW, then reassess in January. If Smith does OK, keep him and let the others stay on loan, if he doesn’t and one of the younger players does well on loan, recall him and loan Smith out.

Same with Slater. I’m not convinced we can afford two first team midfielders (which is the bare minimum we need) plus a squad player. Both of these players have shown character to fight their way into first teams (Slater’s done it before too) so I’m convinced we’ll see the effort and commitment. Are they good enough for the championship? I don’t know but I’m sure they’ll give their all to try to step up.

I said on another thread, with Billy and Didsy likely to pick up a few knocks and strains, Mousse as reliable as the circular bus that ran between Crookesmoor and Nether Edge, there’s probably room in the squad for Smith.
An option is to loan out the younger lads, with recall clauses for the JTW, then reassess in January. If Smith does OK, keep him and let the others stay on loan, if he doesn’t and one of the younger players does well on loan, recall him and loan Smith out.

Same with Slater. I’m not convinced we can afford two first team midfielders (which is the bare minimum we need) plus a squad player. Both of these players have shown character to fight their way into first teams (Slater’s done it before too) so I’m convinced we’ll see the effort and commitment. Are they good enough for the championship? I don’t know but I’m sure they’ll give their all to try to step up.
Loan them both, especially it Hull come up.
Slaters struggled to get a starting role but had just started to nail it down but that’s at league one level. If he’s settled there why move him? Let him play games in a side at the same level as us.
We should be looking to bring in players who are able to play at the top end of the league to help us go for automatics. We don’t need to be blooding unproven kids at the same time, if there’s an alternate that actually brings in money too. It’s win/win.

Loan them both, especially it Hull come up.
Slaters struggled to get a starting role but had just started to nail it down but that’s at league one level. If he’s settled there why move him? Let him play games in a side at the same level as us.
We should be looking to bring in players who are able to play at the top end of the league to help us go for automatics. We don’t need to be blooding unproven kids at the same time, if there’s an alternate that actually brings in money too. It’s win/win.
As I’ve said, I don’t think we’ve got the money to rebuild our midfield and sign squad players who are at that level. I don’t think players who can play at the top end of the championship are too bothered about being bench warmers. I’m talking about having them as third choices, to train with the first team and cover when we have a glut of injuries.

Slater is 22 in September and Smith is 22 now, they’ve both played over 70 professional games. It’s time they started to step up.

If I want anything from him work wise it takes ages. I got a response in about 2 minutes to the Tyler Smith enquiry.

"Playing really well - scored last night, good little player scoring goals in a team that is bottom of the league, no mean feat!"

Back
Top Bottom