Tyler Smith and the other Smiths..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
For followers of Tyler Smith’s progress at Swindon Town (aren’t we all?) you need to be aware that there are three Smiths there. All three Smiths are on loan - Tyler from United, Jonny from Bristol City and Matt from Arsenal.

Today, Swindon are 3-0 up v Rochdale with 20 minutes to go Tyler and Matt have scored already and Jonny is playing as well so there could a goal for him.

It must be a record to have three players with the same family name all on loan at the same club at the same time and if they all scored in the same game that would be a record that would take some beating...go Swindon.

For followers of Tyler Smith’s progress at Swindon Town (aren’t we all?) you need to be aware that there are three Smiths there. All three Smiths are on loan - Tyler from United, Jonny from Bristol City and Matt from Arsenal.

Today, Swindon are 3-0 up v Rochdale with 20 minutes to go Tyler and Matt have scored already and Jonny is playing as well so there could a goal for him.

It must be a record to have three players with the same family name all on loan at the same club at the same time and if they all scored in the same game that would be a record that would take some beating...go Swindon.

We were having a good go at this record with the Robinsons but that's all gone to shit now.

Didn't a non-league Sikh team once field 11 players called Singh? Think it was mentioned in the back pages of a mid-70s Blades programme!

Didn't a non-league Sikh team once field 11 players called Singh? Think it was mentioned in the back pages of a mid-70s Blades programme!
Random fact of the day: first names in Hinduism are gender neutral, Singh just denotes male. A fair proportion of the British Indians who use Singh as a surname do so having dropped their original surname as that real name identifies them as being from a lower caste. The female equivalent is Kaur.

If the supporters weren’t singing Travis’ “Sing” then they need to have a word with themselves.

I don’t care that the song didn't exist or that the supporters were likely three men (one with a dog) - sick of excuses.

Random fact of the day: first names in Hinduism are gender neutral, Singh just denotes male. A fair proportion of the British Indians who use Singh as a surname do so having dropped their original surname as that real name identifies them as being from a lower caste. The female equivalent is Kaur.

A few error's BB, Firstly Singh denotes a Sikh, Hindu's are the other lot in India, secondly surnames tend to denote your village not caste, the main reason why surnames were dropped was too cause confusion, mainly with HMRC ;). Other then that your spot on

I have a child from a sikh family in my class who is called singh and his brother aswell. His sisters are kaur. I initially made the honest mistake of calling him kaur and got rebuked for it.

A few error's BB, Firstly Singh denotes a Sikh, Hindu's are the other lot in India, secondly surnames tend to denote your village not caste, the main reason why surnames were dropped was too cause confusion, mainly with HMRC ;). Other then that your spot on
I'll take your word for it as equal to the Hindu colleague whose explanation I shared 😉

I hope none of them fall onto the crossbar because the pain is enough to make a bald shy Buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder.

Do you werk hard? You don't. Chicago now.
(Werk is the spelling in the liner notes)

Back
Top Bottom