Tufty Club pod - match reactions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was sat drinking coffee and orange juice with a croissant at 7am this morning. It was all a bit sensible and maybe dull.
Tell me you were at least abusing Jebbo and Norwood last night or have you gone completely soft?!

I was that taken aback by Baldock's sock/shinpad combo that I didn't notice his jumper.

Loving the references to 'Semedo' as well, I bet him and Foderington would have a banging night out together!

Great as always. The tangents about anything and everything are always enjoyable.

P.S. I was one of those booing their guard of honour. I'd have two pints of IPA beforehand and turn into a bit of a knobhead once swept up in the tribal crowd mentality.

Always touch and go whether I'll complete the 60 mile drive to work before you've mentioned football.

Always touch and go whether I'll complete the 60 mile drive to work before you've mentioned football.

You should start resetting your odometer before pressing play and seeing what our record mileage is. Of course, it’ll also vary based on traffic conditions, but that only adds to the fun*

* presence of fun not guaranteed

You should start resetting your odometer before pressing play and seeing what our record mileage is. Of course, it’ll also vary based on traffic conditions, but that only adds to the fun*

* presence of fun not guaranteed
id probably hazard a guess at High Wycombe by the time it gets to the juicy bits. Saddle sores at Oxford services.

And that's on 1.5x

id probably hazard a guess at High Wycombe by the time it gets to the juicy bits. Saddle sores at Oxford services.

And that's on 1.5x
At least you can pull over to recover at that point, in case of saddlesore by proxy.

In response to the biscuit section. I think the squad is in need of a Jammie Dodger.

A bit of flair, but with old school values. Maybe someone you’d expect to crumble, but are surprisingly robust.

In response to the biscuit section. I think the squad is in need of a Jammie Dodger.

A bit of flair, but with old school values. Maybe someone you’d expect to crumble, but are surprisingly robust.

1654530167156.png

…or these beauties. Absolute under the radar top quality from the continent.

View attachment 137061

…or these beauties. Absolute under the radar top quality from the continent.
Ooof, good shout.

I sort of see see the Leibniz as being a Schweinsteiger type player though. Partly a lazy, racist connection, partly due to their subtle elegance and class.

Maybe Hecky has identified Ben Wiles as the Rawmarsh equivalent to this Germanic classic?

McBurnie - Maryland Cookie.

Hints at a bit of glamour and excitement, but quickly leaves you disappointed. Surprisingly delicate. Quickly realise they’re overpriced, once purchased.

Last edited:
Lys Mousset = Viennese Whirl...Continental, possesses the ingredients to be great, but high fat content and fragile as falls apart easily

View attachment 137062

Excellent. You thought about this more than I did…

McBurnie - Maryland Cookie.

Hints at a bit of glamour and excitement, but quickly leaves you disappointed. Surprisingly delicate. Quickly realise they’re overpriced, once purchased.

… for example, I actually agreed with DB’s assessment of McBurnie as being a ginger nut, and even meant to say “when he’s about, he usually makes the rest in the tin stink as well”, but was too drunk by then and also distracted by Andy.

Any party rings in the team? I don’t think we have anyone that garish, past it and dislikable at the moment.

Lee Hendrie would have been one.

Back
Top Bottom