Trusty Rusty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Scholarship for gifted children actually.ok

Oh well done in that case then.

I earned my Psychology degree in the 90s.

Can't say I have put it to use analysing football managers though.

We don’t seem to “mark” players like I was taught to, we let them get behind us, maybe it’s the modern way but I was told to make sure I always knew where my man was. Might be a 3 at the back thing nearest picks up but it needs lots of work.

I have a degree in psychology. Intelligence intimidates Heckingbottom, which is why he selects Mcburnie, Robinson, Egan etc.

Notice how Osborn was subbed early? Only player with an ounce of brain matter rattling around his pint sized cranium.

Where does this 'well known fact' about PH's Stalinist anti intelligentsia views, come from?

Did your psychology degree have the special mind reading option, and have you spoken to Uri Geller about his spoons?

Mark behind the player from a cross from opposite side you’re in trouble.
So you get in front. Only issue there is they get a jump on you from a higher cross, the only way to come close to prevent a clean header is to be either
1- significantly taller than the player (in this case the 6/4 Haaland)
2- so close that you can jump just enough to get a slight touch or put them off at least

So in this case he wasn’t either and the minute that perfect height cross came in he was in huge trouble.

So you could then criticise positioning and not being close enough, but then you’d have to be like lightening to react to everything AND be able to watch two places at once. He can’t be looking behind him to see where Haaland is while simultaneously looking at the crosser to know what the ball is about to do. Again….impossible…so you hope that he’s able to look quickly at both constantly at the exact right time for that to be effective.

You also have to factor in Haaland in this case is able to see both in his position, so being the good player he is knows to time movement away from Robbo, and very simply “action beats reaction” every time.

So in conclusion, the world class forwards movement and timing to the perfect cross was simply too good to be prevented by the hope and fortune needed by the significantly shorter defender to prevent the header.

Luckily we won’t face players as good every week for both the cross and header.
I honestly don’t think Robbo could have done much about it that would be legal.
Maybe open his body up…instead of facing the ball have his back to goal…but I don’t know what he had to do just before all that.

We just need a beast back three who are 6/3 minimum, very quick and strong and hard as nails….and sadly none of them yesterday fit that mould.

Surprised Trusty hasn't had any game time yet just to add that extra bit of height. Need him at left centre back and Robinson over to left back to stengthen that side defensively. Larouci isn't good enough to be starting at the moment, Lowe isn't good enough to make the bench for the under 10s even if he was fit.

Nothing Robinson could do about that goal yesterday, Baldock's failure to stop the cross and the other centre backs being in no position to do anything were as much or more to blame.

i wouldnt blame robinson for haarlands goal even though im not a big fan of his for the only time in the game grealish got on the outside of george and put a delicious cross in he couldnt miss but 4 of the goals weve conceded have been errors down our left flank teams have spotted this weakness hecky needs to get it sorted asap

Just a thought, but how about putting our best team out there against Lincoln? Hecky keeps saying certain players lack game time and the new players need to gel. I know there might be an injury risk but when isn't there?
I 've never been a fan of fielding weakened teams.

My personal analysis is that somebody on this thread is loving the attention and will spout any old guff to gain it.

I don't see it like that. It's a perfect cross, only way Robbo is winning that is if he jumps on Haaland's shoulders.
Robbo leaves his man he’d stuck like glue to Haaland prior

Not fit enough? Not up to speed yet?

Our left hand side appears to be our achilles heel so far...4 of the 5 goals conceded so far have come from that side. Larouci and Lowe have had flack but for me Robinson is the weakest link by far putting extra pressure on Egan and Anel.

So what's the score with Trusty? Looked excellent for Brum last year and surely can't be as bad as Calamity Robbo....even though he can do a good throw in here and there...

Robbo has made himself undroppable, but we'll see Trusty against Lincoln

Robinson was marking Haaland fine and was goal side, exactly where he should have been. The issue is that Robinson is 5'11 and Haaland is 6'4. The cross came in high over Robinson's head where it was met by the much taller Haaland. There was nothing Robinson could do. He can't lower the path of the ball and he can't miraculously grow 5 inches. The error came in not cutting out or preventing the cross .....again!!!

This forum makes me laugh. Robinson makes one supposed mistake and all of a sudden it's "drop him for Trusty," even though other than this supposed mistake he hasn't put a foot wrong all season. Egan and Anel have been at fault for the poor goals conceded against Palace and Forest and yet no one wants them dropping, and they were far worse errors.

Certain players have permanent bullseyes painted on them and it's almost as if fans are yearning for them to make mistakes. Robinson, Osborn and Larouci (which started in pre-season), always have bullseyes on them. I've read the C3PO nickname again yesterday which is grossly unfair on Robinson.

I'd hate to break it to you, but Robinson was one of our best players from start to finish last season, and he's been one of our best, if not THE best and most consistent so far this season.

You want to make changes? Okay, how about Trusty in for Robinson and Robinson in for Egan?

Jack Robinson 5ft 11in

Auston Trusty 6ft 3in

Some people are far too quick to slam our players and moan about this, that and the other, rather than just accepting that we were done by a quality cross by a world class player, to the aerial strength of another world class player - who buried it. End of.

I saw it as a direct result of the movement, timing & awareness of a world class striker. He’ll do that to much better players than JLT.
Haaland hardly moves he knows where the cross is coming to the back post,its Robbo that moves away and gives him even more space,Robbo should have "spooned" him and restricted his jumping ability.
Grealish tried doing this move (up an under cross a few times) but Furious managed to restrict them,its a weakness and will be exploited by Sean Dyche i am pretty sure.

Back
Top Bottom