True or False —Takeover

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I saw this guy play in the under 17s before he was famous. Real potential, could be a star for us next season, trust me... Hang on, what are we talking about?

Surely not ..

This is Sheffield United. He’ll have either got his money from giving Putin/Trump/Epstein* a blowjob and, if the takeover is announced, will come bursting out of a giant cake in the car park wearing his mother’s bridal veil, insisting that he from now on be called Henrietta.

* delete as appropriate whoever is the current bad guy

Just been on the BBC news, might be true. Supposedly offered more than the Saudis for the Barcodes.

This is Sheffield United. He’ll have either got his money from giving Putin/Trump/Epstein* a blowjob and, if the takeover is announced, will come bursting out of a giant cake in the car park wearing his mother’s bridal veil, insisting that he from now on be called Henrietta.

You hatin on trans?

From what I have seen the Athletic are not really into unfounded rumours. I reckon there could be something about this. Would it be for the whole United World portfolio or just us?

That my friend is funny

Taking current assets into account, buildings and squad value etc, it's a fair price..

If he takes over now, does he get the 2nd year parachute money.. I don’t think he will get the parachute payment the club will

We're not such a bad proposition when you're a billlionaire.... Bargain actually..

The cynic in me thinks all this is just a Chansiri style PR move to shift some more season tickets.
If that was the case they’d have been on sale earlier and the deadline wouldn’t be in a matter of days.

Seems to be a lot of info

UPDATE

In a last minute twist Mauriss has turned his attention to Aston Villa with the takeover to be announced later today.

Seems to be a lot of info

A bit more info:

About him, when he tried to buy Newcastle:

Mauriss purchased, converted and resold over $7billion via portfolio trades with major banks around the world during his time as Chief Executive of Credit America Corporation.

If he was to take over in the North East, he appears to have the cash to fund a transformation similar to that planned by the Saudis.
Yeah that $7bn is definitely not a net worth figure, it’s like a receivables figure for the consumer credit business he founded. It’s like how Provident Financial/Vanquis Bank here in the UK has £1.7bn of recievables but doesn’t mean the company is worth that much or that the CEO has anything like that kind of wealth…

“Acting on his belief that those with once prime credit deserve a second chance, in 1998 Mr. Mauriss formed his own credit and debt management company called Credit America Corporation. Serving as Chief Executive of the company, Mr. Mauriss grew the company in a remarkably quick time, building out call centers for company marketing, card application processing departments and employing over 300 employees by the time he sold the company in 2010. All told, during his time at Credit America, Henry Mauriss purchased, converted and resold over $7 billion in receivables through portfolio trades with Chase Manhattan Bank, Chemical Bank (now Chase), Marine Midland Bank (now HSBC), Citibank, Bank of New York, Household Credit Services, and American Express. More importantly, using a MasterCard credit card platform and his expertise in balance transfer programs, Mr. Mauriss and his Credit America Corporation played a significant role in restoring good credit to many thousands of Americans“

This all feels very John Spano.

Not sure who that is? Read up... Or watch the Big Shot documentary on Disney+...

Back
Top Bottom