Trenton Wiggan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I see. Used to play footy with Glynn, Jamie and Fenny back in the day. They lived not far from me on Landseer. All unclean. We practiced social distancing even back then. Had to wipe the ball after they'd kicked it and if you got picked on the same side you might as well ask to be subbed!

Great set of families mind.

I lived on Constable Drive.

pommpey
Iam none the wiser to who you are I lived on ironside road next door but one to Greggor Oxley Gary Moore was also on our block

Iam none the wiser to who you are I lived on ironside road next door but one to Greggor Oxley Gary Moore was also on our block

I used to hang about with the Ironside lot down at the bottom amongst the maisonettes (where This Is England was filmed) and up on the Blackstock shops.

Spent most of our lives hedgehopping, scromping and in the Lumb/Rollestone Wood being little bastards and later up at Herdings Youthy under the late, very great Ted Jenkins's supervision.

pommpey

I used to hang about with the Ironside lot down at the bottom amongst the maisonettes (where This Is England was filmed) and up on the Blackstock shops.

Spent most of our lives hedgehopping, scromping and in the Lumb/Rollestone Wood being little bastards and later up at Herdings Youthy under the late, very great Ted Jenkins's supervision.

pommpey
So how old are you or what year did you leave ? Did you play for Moreland juniors? Did you or your brother get arrested away at Leeds 😂 and did you know DALglesh whose know a traffic warden also iam guessing you lived near Pronky Preece 😀

So how old are you or what year did you leave ? Did you play for Moreland juniors? Did you or your brother get arrested away at Leeds 😂 and did you know DALglesh whose know a traffic warden also iam guessing you lived near Pronky Preece 😀

Pronk lived closer to the Water Tower/Blackstock Road I think? Not a million miles from Pommpey

The Preeces lived bang next to the Water Tower off Blackstock/Mawfa. I played for Cutlers/Moreland Juniors under Tommy Brooks.

I don't have any hooligan brothers! :)

I am 58 in December. Left in 79 to join the Royal Navy. I'm still in.

I left the Valley then and never moved back (except on leave as a youngster)

Still incredibly nostalgic and defensive about my old estate, mind.

pommpey

The Preeces lived bang next to the Water Tower off Blackstock/Mawfa. I played for Cutlers/Moreland Juniors under Tommy Brooks.

pommpey
😂😂😂older then me then small world anyway all the best pal

Never saw him play as before my time but a big thank you for blazing a trail for black players.

Trenton if your reading this. Thanks!!

Trenton Wiggan currently works as a lorry driver for Pawson Transport near Hellaby/Maltby!

Remember him playing well in those two games mentioned previously against Hudders and Charlton, both teams were near the top of the table (Charlton went up, Hudders just missed out), so in retrospect those two results weren't too bad. Recall being really pissed of with chucking away the 2 goal late on v Huddersfield, typical of the Haslam/Peters relegation team really. If I remember correctly both matches were played on a dog of a pitch in bad weather, with the Charlton game being given the green light to play with a late pitch inspection.

One other point, on the website article it mentions Henry Wharton 1928-32, incorrect he was at United in the Fatty Foulke days (late 1890s, early 1900s) as a back up keeper to the great man (mountain).

pommpey

Same year as me Pommps, I left in 79'

I did an Engineering Apprenticeship attending Granville College, met up with a few Valley lads - had some cracking nights out with em at College do's. Jervis Lum was their local if I remember and they duly introduced me to it during 'General Studies'. If only we had social media and smart phones in them days ! We did have a few of us crammed into a photo booth in Pond Street at about 3 in the morning after a burger at the New Yorker.

Never see any of them lads these days which is a bit sad really.

I did an Engineering Apprenticeship attending Granville College, met up with a few Valley lads - had some cracking nights out with em at College do's. Jervis Lum was their local if I remember and they duly introduced me to it during 'General Studies'. If only we had social media and smart phones in them days ! We did have a few of us crammed into a photo booth in Pond Street at about 3 in the morning after a burger at the New Yorker.

Quite a few of us had a reunion last May as part of a 40th celebration of leaving GVSS. It was fucking ace to see them all again although our Maths teacher and later Headmaster Roger Dunn was there too, tragically he passed away earlier this year from fucking COVID19.

The reunion was coincidentally the same weekend as the promotion celebrations and me amd and the missus stayed at the Copthorne too. Possibly the best weekend I have had in decades!

Especially because our year had a lot of dirty uncleans too!

pommpey

I was stood on the Leppings Lane end on the night we beat Wednesday in the 1980 County Cup final.
From memory I’m sure Wiggan and Sabella (Sabellas last ever match before going to Leeds) scored.
We won on the cup....think it was 2-1.

My memorise of Trenton Wigan was that he had electric pace making him exciting but his ability wasnt quite up to standard
but in them days 1981season, many of our players weren’t up to standard.
Was in the same stand and witnessed the same :)

He was a very good athlete, pretty sure he represented South Yorkshire in the English Schools Finals...400m runner if I remember rightly
I’m sorry to say good athlete but not the most talented footballer in a very bleak period for United. My god we where poor in that period

My mum used to be a barmaid in the Jervis Lum in the early 70s. We used to live in t' Shrewsbury block, on t' Norfolk Park flats

I was stood on the Leppings Lane end on the night we beat Wednesday in the 1980 County Cup final.
From memory I’m sure Wiggan and Sabella (Sabellas last ever match before going to Leeds) scored.
We won on the cup....think it was 2-1.

My memorise of Trenton Wigan was that he had electric pace making him exciting but his ability wasnt quite up to standard
but in them days 1981season, many of our players weren’t up to standard.

If folklore is correct that was the last ever sighting of the County Cup as well as it reputedly winged it's way to South America with Pedro Verde, never to be seen again!

index.php
Which one is Trenton?

Yes
Same as me,
He was in the same year as me.
Our school team tactics consisted of, kick off, give it to Trenton
Trenton ran 50 yards with it......goal.

When we were between the ages of 11-16 Trenton was 28-33
Yep
St John Fishers 1974
He did 1st & 2nd year then moved on
I was in the same year & football team

God David Fraine that is a blast from the past mate.
Strangely I don't remember David Frain at all, but I do remember old codgers in the John Street terrace shouting "get stuck in Frain" during my first season at the lane. Maybe they were suffering from ptsd and were just sat rocking back and forth shouting this mantra.

Strangely I don't remember David Frain at all, but I do remember old codgers in the John Street terrace shouting "get stuck in Frain" during my first season at the lane. Maybe they were suffering from ptsd and were just sat rocking back and forth shouting this mantra.

If I'm honest I remember the name more than the player old bean

His winning goal against Sunderland after coming on as sub in 1986-87 season?

I think he played the full game, put in a great performance on debut and topped it of with the late winner v mackems

Quite a few of us had a reunion last May as part of a 40th celebration of leaving GVSS. It was fucking ace to see them all again although our Maths teacher and later Headmaster Roger Dunn was there too, tragically he passed away earlier this year from fucking COVID19.

The reunion was coincidentally the same weekend as the promotion celebrations and me amd and the missus stayed at the Copthorne too. Possibly the best weekend I have had in decades!

Especially because our year had a lot of dirty uncleans too!

pommpey
That's sad Pommps...
Roger Dunn taught me before he went to Gleadless Valley (at Abbeydale GS).
Maths and form teacher plus managed the U 13's footie team.
One of the few teachers at Abbeydale I had any time for. Nice bloke.

That's sad Pommps...
Roger Dunn taught me before he went to Gleadless Valley (at Abbeydale GS).
Maths and form teacher plus managed the U 13's footie team.
One of the few teachers at Abbeydale I had any time for. Nice bloke.

Yeah - he was the only teacher who rocked up at the reunion and everyone was so pleased to see him. Lovely bloke, and a great teacher who had our respect at GVSS.

So bloody sad he succumbed to C19.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom