Tony Currie Stand No More?!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S6 Blade

Reaction score
Looks like the club are seeking an marketing opportunity with a prospective new sponsor getting naming rights to the south stand.

Was naming the stand after TC only on a set time scale?

I'm sure some of the older Blades will shoot me down for this, but a lot of Blades never saw him play. If there's an opportunity for us to bring in a few quid then I'd say its worth it.

I get that clubs like Man Utd, West Ham, Liverpool etc have stands named after players/ managers but I don't think we're in the financial position to give up an opportunity to keep TC's name on there.

Is this the new partner / investment PA mentioned a while back on The Blades Way?

Looks like the club are seeking an marketing opportunity with a prospective new sponsor getting naming rights to the south stand.

Was naming the stand after TC only on a set time scale?
Where's saying this by the way?

I'm sure some of the older Blades will shoot me down for this, but a lot of Blades never saw him play. If there's an opportunity for us to bring in a few quid then I'd say its worth it.

I get that clubs like Man Utd, West Ham, Liverpool etc have stands named after players/ managers but I don't think we're in the financial position to give up an opportunity to keep TC's name on there.
Consider yourself shot down pal

I started going in the 90s, I suspect I'm not the only one who still thinks of it as the Laver Stand.

Laver, of course, being a corporate sponsor. So it's not like it's the first time this has happened.

To most old gits like me, South Stand, Kop, John Street and Lane end.

I started going in the 90s, I suspect I'm not the only one who still thinks of it as the Laver Stand.

Laver, of course, being a corporate sponsor. So it's not like it's the first time this has happened.

it is, and always will, be the South Stand. To be said in a Bert type, liverish voice.

Edit: or SouthEssexBlade, I’m not fussy 🙂

byee-lolol.gif

Didn't approve of the Jess Ennis rebrand but once named TC should be immortalised forever on that stand with no one else for company unless they erect him a statue then they can have the stand back.

Haha, brilliant. Quick question though, He's seen as great and from what Ive seen of him on clips he was, but did he contribute more to the club that Billy Sharp? Similar about of games played for us by both...Sharps scored a lot more goals.

I'm not biased to Sharp, genuinely interested in peoples views of contribution to the club

Haha, brilliant. Quick question though, He's seen as great and from what Ive seen of him on clips he was, but did he contribute more to the club that Billy Sharp? Similar about of games played for us by both...Sharps scored a lot more goals.

I'm not biased to Sharp, genuinely interested in peoples views of contribution to the club
He played in a side that got relegated from the top division and one that got promoted to the top division just like BIlly.

Not the laver stand or TC stand it's the south stand and always will be

Back
Top Bottom